This is a discussion on I carry IN THE HOUSE now....THANKS(LOL) within the Home (And Away From Home) Defense Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by jbum We don't have kids but kids do visit 3 Mossy's in 3 different rooms not chambered and safety on and hidden. ...
To sit back hoping that someday, some way, someone will make things right is to go on feeding the crocodile, hoping he will eat you last - but eat you he will.
I don't carry around the house all the time. Sometimes I might. 80% or the time, a firearm is literally within arms reach, if not ON me. The other 20%, I'm in the kitchen, maybe living room.
my wife still thinks im crazy for carrying around the house. odd since one of her friends had a pistol pulled on her at the local walmart...but i guess those things only happen to other people and never at home.
I should carry more around the house. But I live in an apartment and they have to get through the locked apartment doors, and than through my locked doors also. So unless they were coming after me than I don't think i'd be in to much danger. Maybe I am just being naive, but i only have 4 neighbors that have access to this building... input anyone on apartment living?
I keep a flashlight and gun within arms reach when I sleep. If i go out and drink after work, I can't bring the weapon home. I have a big knife under my pillow in a sheath, or I probably wouldn't sleep well. I've just seen too much to feel like it can't/won't happen to me. I'm changing things so I will have a safe at home and can keep a shotgun there.
If I'm in the shower the firearm's on the toilet. We're a cute couple.
Nothing matches a a gun at hand for being safe anywhere. Expect things to get crazy and be ready is my approach.
My weapons are all in the safe. I've got a couple of dogs (loud, not dangerous). I usually remember to lock the doors; but, when I do leave the doors unlocked, the UPS man can stick packages inside the the house as opposed to leaving them on the stoop; I kinda like that. Yesterday I had a revolver out and handy, but only because there was a specific threat I was aware of. Today it is back in the safe.
If someone breaks into my house with an assault rifle or shotgun, I'm pretty much screwed. I do have a good sized knife handy...if in the closet is 'handy'...so all other intruders face the risk of losing a big chunk of liver. Of course I can sleep through anything (even a mortar attack in Afghanistan), so the knife might not do me much good either.
I do have a stout stick near the back door. I suppose that could be useful if something were to occur, but I live in pretty safe town. There is very little violent crime here. We did have a shooting a few months ago, but that was...surprise, surprise...a "crime of passion". So keeping the weapons in the safe ensures that my wife is not likely to shoot me and there ain't much else to worry about.
Good for you! You're one step ahead of most. Consider yourself two steps ahead on the general population. Always be ready!
I usually just don't bother taking my carry gun off when I am at home. In the evening or when I know I am not going out and want to lounge around in sweats and a t-shirt I will pocket carry my S&W 340pd and a speed strip. I figure worst comes to the worst this will buy me time to reach something bigger and call the cops.
Stale thread, but since we brought it up,
Amazon.com: V-Line Top Draw Security Case (Black): Home Improvement
This is the safe I have bolted on the nightstand next to my bed. Quick access, safe for kids (though a teen could crack the code with enough time), and no batteries to die at inopportune moments. Plenty of room for my M&P9c, 17 round spare mag, and Quark flashlight.
"Lord, help me to be the person my dog thinks I am."
I keep a loaded gun(s) in almost every room, in my truck, and on my person. For those of you with small children get a good, well trained dog . They are your best all around choice for a family friendly alarm system that will also fight by your side any time any where. I have a black lab/ shepard mix she is tough and on guard 24/7/365. CARRY ON!
Still don't carry at home Still don't keep my blinds shut 24/7 But I do lock my doors
Yup carry at home all the time now it is second nature to me if you make the commitment you make the commitment. For me today TP45 IWB American Holster Co.