I carry IN THE HOUSE now....THANKS(LOL)

This is a discussion on I carry IN THE HOUSE now....THANKS(LOL) within the Home (And Away From Home) Defense Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; After reading some of the threads in this discussion area..I'm walking around my house strapped! I live in a quiet beautiful area with a small,modern ...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: I carry IN THE HOUSE now....THANKS(LOL)

After reading some of the threads in this discussion area..I'm walking around my house strapped!I live in a quiet beautiful area with a small,modern pro-active police department..but now you guys got me thinking. I carry all the time out on the street(force of habit)...but I'm typing this with my SP101 riding in my Hays IWB holster. THANKS GUYS
    "We deal in lead friend">Steve McQueen The Magnificent Seven
    82d Abn(1983-86)OIF 2007-08
    Glock 19&26/ Colt Gov't & OM/Ruger SP101
    Retired NYS LEO / NRA Life Member
    Still Love Ya Sarah !
    "no kidding,gun slinging,spurs hitting the floor"

You've made a good decision. It would just be awful to be prepared everywhere but your home, and then have something happen at home where you would need it and it was on your nightstand, in a safe, in another room, etc., etc.
    The Old Anglo and shooterX like this.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Distinguished Member Array DefConGun's Avatar
    I heard someone at the front door today and although I had a really good idea as to who it was, I didn't know with 100% assurance. So what did I do? I grabbed my Glock lying next to me and brought it to the door with me. I wouldn't have done this less-than a year ago. So yes, I'm acquiring "new" habits as well. ;-)

VIP Member
    You are quite welcome.

VIP Member
    My bride thinks my Miami Classic II is sexy, but when I wore it to bed, I just got tangled up in it.
    DMan, Badey, boricua and 3 others like this.
    Liberty, Property, or Death - Jonathan Gardner's powder horn inscription 1776

Tu ne cede malis, sed contra audentior ito.
    ("Do not give in to evil but proceed ever more boldly against it.")
    -Virgil, Aeneid, vi, 95

I'm carrying around the house more than I ever have in my life since joining this bunch...
    The Old Anglo likes this.
    Never pick a fight with an old man...If he's too old to fight, he'll just kill you - John Steinbeck
    Come to Colorado...the governor is loopy
    .................................................. .................................................. ......................They Live

Ican't move quick,so I make sure I have my 1911 with me,when I went to sleep last night I had a M&P45c under my pillow,a 1911 next to my pillow,a 12 gauge semi auto with 5 00 buck next to my headboard,If I was paranoid,I woulda had an AR15 within arms reach also
    ncsteveh, Guest1, joker1 and 7 others like this.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Distinguished Member Array INccwchris's Avatar
    be careful with the gun under the pillow trick
    Dadsnugun likes this.
    "The value you put on the lost will be determined by the sacrifice you are willing to make to seek them until they are found."

Been doing it for way over fifteen years now... Didn't start out that way, but after the first attempted home invasion, that solidified my opinion for the importance for staying prepared even at home. One thing I did come to realize over last couple of years is though. The j frame revolver makes the task much easier to tolerate. Slip it in the pocket and relax.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

Just make sure it stays with you in the Head,worst place to be caught with your pants down.I have 2 dedicated mossberg mavericks in both b-rooms beside the toilets,"Just Saying"!!!
    KDV likes this.

Trouble doesn't make an appointment..............pays to be proactive.
    Snatale42 likes this.

100% of home invaisions happen in the home.

I carry when I wear pants, and I have a teenage daughter at home so yeah I wear pants a lot.

You are welcome OP, makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside knowing our collective knowledge, opinions, expieriences, and deep thoughts are helping to make each of us just a little more aware and safer.
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

I can't get over this one problem: yes, I'm very prepared--except for when it's most likely to happen, i.e., 2 or 3 in the morning, when it's in the safe. (I have a two-year-old, so I just can't convince myself that nightstand placement is safe). I follow a policy of (1) on me or in the safe or (2) if I have to take it out and put it down momentarily, always somewhere up very high and/or unloaded. At night, given my house's very sound proof floors/walls, I think it's conceivable that someone could be in my house and coming up the stairs before I would necessarily notice, so it would be hard to get my safe open in time. The other thought I've had is just putting up a shelf near the ceiling above the headboard of my bed, so that only an adult standing on the bed could reach it. Still, there is something about leaving a loaded gun unsecured anywhere in a house with a child that skeezes me out.

Hm, maybe I just convinced myself I need an alarm system?

Quote Originally Posted by Ishmael View Post
    I can't get over this one problem: yes, I'm very prepared--except for when it's most likely to happen, i.e., 2 or 3 in the morning, when it's in the safe. (I have a two-year-old, so I just can't convince myself that nightstand placement is safe). I follow a policy of (1) on me or in the safe or (2) if I have to take it out and put it down momentarily, always somewhere up very high and/or unloaded. At night, given my house's very sound proof floors/walls, I think it's conceivable that someone could be in my house and coming up the stairs before I would necessarily notice, so it would be hard to get my safe open in time. The other thought I've had is just putting up a shelf near the ceiling above the headboard of my bed, so that only an adult standing on the bed could reach it. Still, there is something about leaving a loaded gun unsecured anywhere in a house with a child that skeezes me out.

http://www.amazon.com/HOMAK-HS100366...0415570&sr=8-9

I have one of these on my nightstand, my child is 16 and knows what happens when triggers are pulled but I don't want to be "that guy".
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

Quote Originally Posted by Ishmael View Post

If you use a Auto loader for defense, you could always remove the mag and the chambered round for child safety. If the pooh hits the fan it would only take a couple of seconds to charge the firearm for use... JMO
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Links