Home Invasion Close To Me - Lesson,Keep Your Gun Handy

This is a discussion on Home Invasion Close To Me - Lesson,Keep Your Gun Handy within the Home (And Away From Home) Defense Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; We have many threads concerning who carries at home.If you cannot get your gun before they get to you,why bother owning a gun.This is the ...

Thread: Home Invasion Close To Me - Lesson,Keep Your Gun Handy

Distinguished Member Array mr.stuart's Avatar

We have many threads concerning who carries at home.If you cannot get your gun before they get to you,why bother owning a gun.This is the 'nice' part of town. Upper middle class all the way to very wealthy.Nice streets,well lit. Local news reported the BG,s simply kicked in the back door.This was not a late night invasion,between 8 and 9 p.m.The victims owned three homes on this street,sounds like somebody did their homework. It is easy to become lazy,be aware.

Suspects Still at Large After Beaumont Home Invasion - SETXHomePage.com
    Pain is the best teacher,but nobody wants to go to his class.

When the past smothers the present, there is only desperation. When the future absorbs the present, life stands still. In either case a decision must be made because you only live now and you are only what you are now.

Distinguished Member Array DefConGun's Avatar
    I was watching the cloo channel this afternoon. In the story I was watching, a young woman that lives alone heard a noise in her bathroom in the middle of the night. When she went to investigate, a serial rapist jumped out from behind the shower curtain and abducted her. He had climbed through a tiny window in her bathroom and fell upon entry. He hurt his ribs doing this but this did not prevent him from attacking his victim. Granted, this may have still happened if the woman had a firearm on her person but she may have also have had a better chance of fighting off her attacker than she did by not having weapon on her person.

Be armed whenever you can.

Distinguished Member Array mr.stuart's Avatar
    Interesting thing about the part of the city where this happened, in the last year,it is like open season for actual home invasions.In the twenty years before,it was mainly theft while the homeowners were at work,etc. I am actually five miles from this area but it reminds me there are no 'safe' neighborhoods.
    Pain is the best teacher,but nobody wants to go to his class.

When the past smothers the present, there is only desperation. When the future absorbs the present, life stands still. In either case a decision must be made because you only live now and you are only what you are now.

Distinguished Member Array DefConGun's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mr.stuart View Post
    Interesting thing about the part of the city where this happened, in the last year,it is like open season for actual home invasions.In the twenty years before,it was mainly theft while the homeowners were at work,etc. I am actually five miles from this area but it reminds me there are no 'safe' neighborhoods.
    Oh, I agree. It's not a "safe" world.

Whatever little "gain" the FBI can show with it's crime stats, one thing is for sure....there is very little, if any, sympathy, empathy, remorse or mercy with today's criminal. No longer do they steal your stuff and then retreat, today they rape, murder and kidnap just because they can.
    S&W M&P 9c
    Ruger LCR + P (.38)
    Kahr PM9
    Taurus M851 (.38)

My fiancé keeps asking me if I feel that I have to carry while at home. I say I need to have something to cover me until I can get to my shotgun. I also keep my Smith and Wesson .45 with attached light loaded next to the bed. I figure if bad guys break into my house the folks that are next on their list will be safe.

Distinguished Member Array Brady's Avatar
    Times being what they are, I live across the street from a police station and I always carry at home.
    ...he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one. Luke 22:36
    USN/VET; NRA; GOA, jpfo.org
    Life in a Jar: The Irena Sendler Project www.irenasendler.com

Sponsored Links