Do you have guns in your house? Who knows about it?

This is a discussion on Do you have guns in your house? Who knows about it? within the Home (And Away From Home) Defense Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Loose lips sink ships....

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: Do you have guns in your house? Who knows about it?

Loose lips sink ships.

2. Remove Ads

I am not secret about having weapons. If I had more than a few I wold be more cautious because BGs will target a cache before the few weapons I have.

I understand not wanting people to know, but as 2A advocates it is kind of counter productive to keep quiet about it. If more people realized that their 'normal' friends own guns, they may realize the gun rights are not some fringe group, but normal people.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk
    bds9009 and rachilders like this.

One daughter and 3 friends.
    US Navy Veteren
    Ruger SP101 357 3" Barrel
    Taurus 65 357 Mag
    Glock 19 Gen3
    Walther PK 380
    www.guntoters.com

I live in the boonies. just about everyone in my region are hunters. It is no secret at all that I have firearms in my house. It would be shocking if I didn't really and i can't think of anyhouse in the area that doesn't have atlest one firearm in it. Oddly enough home invasions are unheard of in my area. I wonder why??? lol.

A few people that I am acquainted with know that I possess and carry a firearm. It is something that you cannot totally keep away from the public, but I do not go out of my way to advertise that I own them and they are in my home.

The least amount of folks that know if you have specific firearms the better. Many home invasions include the theft of a handgun, because criminals cannot obtain one through legal fashion, they must steal one to have one. That is the best reason I can think of to keep the people who know to a minimum.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

In rural Texas, the home without firearms is by far the exception. I could go down the County Road here and tell you about most of my neighbors, as we talk hunting and shooting, shoot at the range or one of our farms, take the kids to the 4-H or Boy Scout shooting sports activities and share the bounty of our hunts. The only neighbor who I can without doubt say has no guns is a transplanted widow from LaLa land or Chicago. She hears shooting and she goes in the house--she started out by calling the law, but stopped when they stopped responding and told her to mind her own business.

I don't advertise that I have guns, don't put NRA, TSRA or pro gun stickers on my trucks, and don't brag about guns around strangers--unless we are shooting together. I do enjoy my Second Amendment rights and fight for those rights with my voice, my vote and my meager financial support to the pro gun organizations that are protecting those rights and freedoms.

I live in PA...

....its pretty much assumed that everyone does, isn't it?

No secrets here, had my first rifle 5 months BEFORE I was born.

How many know that i carry them is a horse of a different color.
    I thoroughly disapprove of duels.
    If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand
    and lead him to a quiet place and kill him.
    -Mark Twain

myself and my girlfriend

The one/ones who try to B&E!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by oakchas View Post
    News story: Armed home invasion suspects armed and dangerous:

Arcata, CA. STORY

3D
    I saw nothing in the news story that implied burglars knew befeorehand of the firearms in the house.
    It was a 'burglary' until she showed-up, right ... then it became a 'home invasion'.

Any burglary around where I live would probably result in firearms being stolen; most everyone owns some. ... and few 'bother' to secure them!#*&!
    Most stolen items in burglaries:
    (1) Firearms
    (2) Electronics
    (3) Booze
    (4) Jewelry

I'm very careful about who knows what is in my home - my living quarters and its contents are off-limits to strangers or anyone there is even the slightest question about.
    ccman likes this.
    "It is easier to resist at the beginning than at the end"____Leonardo da Vinci 1452-1519

I have mixed feelings about this. Guns may attract criminals or may deter them. I don't know which effect is greater.

Distinguished Member Array Jason Storm's Avatar
    Only trusted family members and other friends who also own guns. Otherwise, it's nobody's business.

Quote Originally Posted by oneshot View Post
    Like Ret said^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

But I've got kids, and I cannot control who they talk to, and about what.
    I emphasized NUMEROUS times to them, not to say anything about weapons, the types that are here, and what-all, even to their friends.
    Just don't know who their friends are gonna casually chat with about it.
    I believe they have been lowkey enough about it to be ok.
    Same here. Family and a few friends who also own guns know I own guns - though not how many or where they are all kept - but it's not something I tell anyone unless I know them VERY well. About that same number also know both my wife and I have CC permits, therefore, since we have a carry permit, we must have guns as well.
    "... Americans... we want a safe home, to keep the money we make and shoot bad guys." -- Denny Crane

Senior Moderator
    What's a gun?
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

They were all stolen. 10 minutes ago.
    Peace is that brief, glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links