Another reason I prefer to "hunker down"

This is a discussion on Another reason I prefer to "hunker down" within the Home (And Away From Home) Defense Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; If you've got a home invasion going on... it might be best to stay in the bedroom, door locked, 911 called, and wait for LEO. ...

Thread: Another reason I prefer to "hunker down"

If you've got a home invasion going on... it might be best to stay in the bedroom, door locked, 911 called, and wait for LEO.

We don't know the full story here, but... LEO shoots unarmed home owner

Don't know why the LEO shot the homeowner... maybe LEO thought homeowner was a "brazen crook."

"I'm the homeowner here chump, I called you! I ain't gettin' down on the floor, you go find the guy that broke in!"

Officer shot who he thought was the perp to stop a felony in progress?

I dunno.

I do know this... I got an attempt to break in... If I ain't in the bedroom, I'm headed there... and so is anyone in the house with me... I'm reasonably fortified in there, I have access to a hardline phone and a cel phone. I have my HD weaponry in the bedroom...
    I'll communicate with 911
    I'll stay on line until LEO arrives
    I'll request a pass phrase before I open the door for LEO.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Senior Member Array The Old Anglo's Avatar
    Sounds kinda Hinky to me but Hey?,it`s Killadelphia. City of Brotherly Love,Yeah..Right!.

IF...someone breaks into my home...one way or the other, the police will probably be late for the encounter.

In Philly, I can understand all the bullets flying all around the city...our city isn't like that, and someone breaking into homes is very likely (in our subdivision, anyway) to find out that he/she used a poor victim selection process.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Finding out more...

Apparently the homeowner has had some disputes with those living in the house (relatives whatever)... But the cop also recently had to use his weapon to shoot another perp (that one WAS armed).
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Bad, bad....BAD shoot.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by oakchas View Post
    Finding out more...

Apparently the homeowner has had some disputes with those living in the house (relatives whatever)... But the cop also recently had to use his weapon to shoot another perp (that one WAS armed).
    From the story,
    "We don't know how it escalated to that much force being used to handle the situation,"

One word, understandable enough; FEAR.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

VIP Member
    With both stories conflicting it will be interesting to see how this one pans out.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

VIP Member
    I'm not the one sneaking around the house with a gun in my hand when the cops arrive. They'll find me in the dark behind the bed with the shotty aimed at the strong door. Password? What year did the Vikings win the superbowl?
    Liberty, Property, or Death - Jonathan Gardner's powder horn inscription 1776

Tu ne cede malis, sed contra audentior ito.
    ("Do not give in to evil but proceed ever more boldly against it.")
    -Virgil, Aeneid, vi, 95

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Uh, never?
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Links