Home invasion: by posers - Page 2

Home invasion: by posers

This is a discussion on Home invasion: by posers within the Home (And Away From Home) Defense Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by mlr1m And you would probably end up either dead or incarcerated. Michael There in lies the problem with home invasions; whether they ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Home invasion: by posers

In Delaware, East of the Mason Dixon Line.
    Quote Originally Posted by mlr1m View Post
    And you would probably end up either dead or incarcerated.

Michael
    There in lies the problem with home invasions; whether they are incorrectly performed by law enforcement or unlawfully performed by thugs; shoot no shoot becomes almost impossible to determine.
    "To believe that social reforms can eradicate evil altogether is to forget that evil is a protean creature, forever assuming a new shape when deprived of an old one." - SAT

Never argue with an idiot - they'll bring you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Distinguished Member Array Tally XD's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mlr1m View Post
    And you would probably end up either dead or incarcerated.

Michael
    Maybe our "protectors" need to come up with a better safer (for everyone) way to bust into houses. Maybe they need to take it on their responsibility to make certain they have the correct address. It certainly is not the citizens duty to know the difference between real police and fake police.
    The Old Anglo likes this.
    I am consistently on record and will continue to be on record as opposing concealed carry.
    - Barack Obama Chicago Tribune, April 27, 2004

3D
    If, for any possible reason in the universe, police make a 'no-knock' breach into my house I'll probably never know it.
    I carry at home.
    When I start shooting to protect myself and other family from 'home invaders', I know if it is LE I will be shredded by their suppressive fire.
    No-knock means no-chance for the person in the home. ... by design.

I am a law-abiding U. S. citizen. I have no reason to expect the police to be bashing in my door, so I will presume they are imposters. Hesitating will cost me the best time-advantage I will have in repelling their breach. .. the moment they enter.

If, on the other hand, they knock first and I have the time to confirm with 9-1-1 that for some reason the police are indeed at my address, we'll exchange 'code words' before I open up to them.

....... yeah, I know .... good luck with that!
    Bark'n likes this.
    "It is easier to resist at the beginning than at the end"____Leonardo da Vinci 1452-1519

Distinguished Member Array Hoganbeg's Avatar
    My biggest fear is a no knock wrong address warrant at my home. I too have no reason to be invaded yet I have heard of several occurrences in which the law-abiding homeowner was killed by the police when they burst in at the wrong address. One in Arizona not too long ago and another some few years back in a rural area Northwest of Los Angeles. IIRC the LA case involved an unreliable informant on the police payrole. In neither of these cases was anyone charged.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links