13 year old armed home invaders - Page 2

13 year old armed home invaders

This is a discussion on 13 year old armed home invaders within the Home (And Away From Home) Defense Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by chrisdridley I would have said that he was a good kid and would never do anything like that. A sentiment I have ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: 13 year old armed home invaders

Distinguished Member Array Anubis's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisdridley View Post
    I would have said that he was a good kid and would never do anything like that.
    A sentiment I have seen in many contexts. Personally, I think it's genetic. One's parents could both be saints, but if he draws a bent gene, he grows up bent.
    PatAz likes this.

I am an equal opportunity responder when it comes to home invasions. All people are treated equally and without discrimination no matter the age, sex, nationality, etc. These types of situations neither surprise or shock me any longer. Pretty sad.
    3D likes this.
    Equality does not exist in the real world - it is a fiction to help the self esteem of those people who consistently fail to succeed.
    Retired SF(SP) CMSgt 1979-2005

3D
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief1297 View Post
    I am an equal opportunity responder when it comes to home invasions. All people are treated equally and without discrimination no matter the age, sex, nationality, etc. These types of situations neither surprise or shock me any longer. Pretty sad.
    Your 'mindset' will serve you well, sir.
    Thanks for your dervice.

Seeing your Fayetteville location, I'll bet you've already seen this one: Suspect, victims in home-invasion killings identified : News-Record.com : Greensboro & the Triad's most trusted source for local news and analysis
    "It is easier to resist at the beginning than at the end"____Leonardo da Vinci 1452-1519

Quote Originally Posted by Anubis View Post
    A sentiment I have seen in many contexts. Personally, I think it's genetic. One's parents could both be saints, but if he draws a bent gene, he grows up bent.
    I agree. Whether it is two or more bad genes popping up from ancestors or a faulty gene, I know not but I do believe in it.

I have a brother that was in trouble from a very early age. Mother was raised in the day that they taught that proper mothering resolved all problems and she went through hell for many many years.

She was in her 60's when she finally accepted the fact that it was not her fault.

Incidentally, she was not helped by one of her own brothers who constantly harped that the problem was due to the way she raised him. Luckily he died early and his accusations eventually melted into the past.

Some people are just that way and you have to accept it.
    PatAz likes this.

mel
    As a father of two sons (4&6) I try to stay as active in my children's lives as possible, without being a hovering parent. The stories that I read and see on television give me many a sleepless night. My father told me, "the only thing you can do is to teach them how to make good decisions." Hopefully the words of wisdom will not be wasted.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links