13 year old armed home invaders

This is a discussion on 13 year old armed home invaders within the Home (And Away From Home) Defense Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Story here 13 years old.... sigh I don't care what neighborhood, good or bad... it's getting worse... I'm glad they got caught, but they'll only ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: 13 year old armed home invaders

13 year old armed home invaders

Story here

13 years old.... sigh

I don't care what neighborhood, good or bad... it's getting worse... I'm glad they got caught, but they'll only learn how to do it better next time in juvie.
    Last edited by oakchas; November 27th, 2011 at 09:31 PM. Reason: spelling juvie
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

2. Remove Ads

Wow ! glad they both got caught..... only to be let loose and do it again with more practice. where are thier parents at ??????

3D
    YIPES!!

My guess is we'll be seeing more of this.
    I think they present a new level of danger to victims because they've been desensitized to the consequences of indiscriminate use of violence by video games, horror movies, you-tube, and media coverage of violent crime from very early in their *development*??
    "It is easier to resist at the beginning than at the end"____Leonardo da Vinci 1452-1519

They will be the next, "Oh, they were very nice boys, they shouldn't have been shot as this was only their 5th or 6th attempt.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram25 View Post
    They will be the next, "Oh, they were very nice boys, they shouldn't have been shot as this was only their 5th or 6th attempt.
    Sadly....^^^^^This^^^^^

Once kids reach a certain age and decide what they are willing to do, then they have chosen that path and the likelyhood of changing their ways is nil. These two have embarked upon a life of crime and someday the inevitible will happen and one or both of them will be killed in the process. It's a sad commentary but happening all to often. They seem to ignore the consequences of their actions and the entitlement mentality has taken over.

Like the old saying, "What goes around, comes around." May take years, but it will.
    Bark'n likes this.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    When armed home invaders cross my threshold, I care not how angelic and young are their faces. Point a gun at me, it's on. It's pretty much settled anyway that many shootings end up with the gun hand being hit, since that is where many shooters focus their threat assessment. Me, I hope I will shoot for center mass as I have trained. Still, I'll be surprised if I even know what they look like until I see their photos in the news.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Yeap,parents will have a lot more yout's doing this....,I.E. youthfull offender status(slaps on the wrist).

A thirteen year old can kill you just as dead as a thirty year old and most would show no remorse whatsoever, well not until they were caught anyway.

12-Year-Old Boy Pleads Guilty To Dropping Shopping Cart Four Stories Onto Woman Below | Fox News
    "The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come." ~ Confucius

Quote Originally Posted by paramedic70002 View Post
    When armed home invaders cross my threshold, I care not how angelic and young are their faces. Point a gun at me, it's on. It's pretty much settled anyway that many shootings end up with the gun hand being hit, since that is where many shooters focus their threat assessment. Me, I hope I will shoot for center mass as I have trained. Still, I'll be surprised if I even know what they look like until I see their photos in the news.
    This right here..They want to play like big boys, they will be treated as big boys....
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Distinguished Member Array Anubis's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by oakchas View Post
    13 years old.... sigh
    My sigh is caused by contemplating one more clueless dweller with no concept of dealing with intruders.

Both armed felonies perped on me were >15 year old (black) kids. I accept that I'll have to kill someone's kid next time. The parents didn't care enough to monitor them or instill values. Sad.

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 3D View Post
    YIPES!!

My guess is we'll be seeing more of this.
    I think they present a new level of danger to victims because they've been desensitized to the consequences of indiscriminate use of violence by video games, horror movies, you-tube, and media coverage of violent crime from very early in their *development*??
    I'm sick of everyone blaming it on video games. That's just a scapegoat. Most people in my age bracket grew up with video games readily available. I don't know a single person who has committed any violent crimes.

The increases in popularity of video games and the prevalent of violent crimes only show correlation, not causation. There are plenty of factors contributing to the downturn of society, but dumping it on games is narrow-minded.

Quote Originally Posted by Xader View Post
    I'm sick of everyone blaming it on video games. That's just a scapegoat. Most people in my age bracket grew up with video games readily available. I don't know a single person who has committed any violent crimes.

The increases in popularity of video games and the prevalent of violent crimes only show correlation, not causation. There are plenty of factors contributing to the downturn of society, but dumping it on games is narrow-minded.
    There's an argument that violent video games inure the participants to the effects of seeing blood and gore... If that were the case, psych training circa WWII forcing participants to watch bloody gory films and photos would have made them adequate killing machines... it did not...
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Distinguished Member Array DefConGun's Avatar
    It's true, a 15 yr old shooting you kills you just the same as a 30 yr old shooting you. Threats come in all sizes, shapes, packages and unfortunately, ages. I say be prepared and protect yourself regardless of the threat's demographics.
    IWLAFART likes this.

I have a friend who is an ex Ranger and works for me and this past Saturday his 13 year old son and another 14 year old buddy were both arrested after he slipped out of the house in the middle of the night, broke into a church, stole money from the church office, stole the church van, drove it 40 miles and crashed it into a police car and a truck during a high speed chase. The 13 year old had his fathers unloaded 1911 in his pocket....which had been locked in a wall safe, the 14 year old had a huge knife on his belt.
    My friend has been very involved in his son's life, the boy has been around me and my shop for all his life and I would have said that he was a good kid and would never do anything like that. I went with my friend to get his son yesterday when he was released by the court into his fathers custody and the boy shows no remorse what so ever. As my friend was talking to his son, the boy thought the entire thing was funny.....my friend has been almost in tears since the call from the police. The boys were heading to a girls house to "kidnap" and "rescue" her from her parents because they are mean to her. When my friend asked about where he learned to drive the boy answered " XBox" and when when he was asked about his intentions with the gun, he kept referring to a video game where he " killed the cops and got the cash"......and this is a good kid.......
    Once my friend and I were back at my shop and in my office, he broke down and said that he didn't where he went wrong or what to do going forward. He stated that if it had been him, his father would have busted his butt so hard that it would still hurt but if he did his son that way the police would lock him up.
    I don't want to blame video games, the teachers, or society in general but I know this kid has had a good father and has had proper upbringing thus far. The kid has 7 felony level charges against him and this is the first time he has ever been in any kind of trouble that we know of......makes me wonder what's next for him and feel sorry for his father.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links