Sometimes, they come back.

This is a discussion on Sometimes, they come back. within the Home (And Away From Home) Defense Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; This didn't make it into In the news, good bad and ugly because there were no defensive firearms involved, and the homeowner was a petty ...

Like Tree4Likes
  • 4 Post By OperatorJ

Thread: Sometimes, they come back.

This didn't make it into In the news, good bad and ugly because there were no defensive firearms involved, and the homeowner was a petty criminal as well (marijuana).

But to me, it proves one thing... If there is little or no resistance to the BG's on entry to your home, and you have something they want... cash and/or other goodies the first time... they just might come back with more friends. Just to see if you've restocked, replaced, renewed, whatever...

Story here

So, make it hard and painful to enter your home in the first place... discourages 'em, you see.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Good point..If you make it painful, they shouldnt come back...
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

And if you make 'em dead, they can't come back!

I have heard of people who have been robbed multiple times and it is usually the same group of thugs doing it.
    "Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." -Plato

Quote Originally Posted by adric22 View Post
    I have heard of people who have been robbed multiple times and it is usually the same group of thugs doing it.
    That puts you ahead of the curve, now you know how to handle it.
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

Yeah..and you gotta hate when they steal your hard earned drugs....jeez.
    Please...work HARDER as MILLIONS on welfare depending on YOU !!

Why did he report the pot being taken? Obviously, having it is illegal, but why did he report THAT to the cops?

Shooting them the first time eliminates having to shoot them the second......I'm just sayin'...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    Why did he report the pot being taken? Obviously, having it is illegal, but why did he report THAT to the cops?

Shooting them the first time eliminates having to shoot them the second......I'm just sayin'...
    People who use drugs are not known for their good decision capabilities!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

A little of the subject but along the lines of putting up a fight. Growing up with two older brothers that would usually take out their frustrations on me I complained to my dad. His answer was if you sit there and take it its going to keep happening, if you make painful for them it will stop. Even if they win the fight they will realize that they too will be hurt in the process and stop. Now of course being brothers that did not completely stop any fights but definately came less frequently. It's something that everyone needs to understand. The easier of a target you make yourself the more likely someone will target you!

VIP Member
    Years back my sister had them come back. They waited till she collected her insurance money and replaced the good stuff that had been stolen. Then they did it again.

Guys had a record, and they got caught when on of their sisters noticed they had stuff that she didn't think was theirs and called the police.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

VIP Member
    As a kid my house was broken into three times over the span of two years. They got some nice stuff so they came back a couple more times.
    It is surely true that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. Nor can you make them grateful for your efforts.

A 19 y.o. and two 17 y.o.s, just children trying to put their life back on the right track and probably planning to donate their proceeds to homeless criminals. Why do we misunderstand them so?

This is going to sound really bad, but here goes anyway............

My dog needs a new chew toy, she has torn up most of the one's she has.

That's what will happen if they break in here, and she is not particular of the humans she will take large chunks from. Male, female, white, black, Hispanic, Oriental, covered in tattoos and under the influence of whatever substance avalilable. She really does not care. They probably all look like dirt bags to her anyhow.

Then after she is through mauling them, I get to shoot and put them out of their misery.

Life can have it's little perks you know.

And if the survivors would be dumb enough to return for round two.......... I'm just sayin'.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    It's the same mentality (or lack thereof) that made anyone check the "Have you received any income from illegal gambling" box that was on their Itemized Deduction sheet that accompanied the IRS Form 1040.

I agree that cops drawing those little chalk lines around anyone who's invaded your home is a pretty good indicator that they won't be back again. Now THAT is really making it "painful" - but they say it only hurts for a little while.

Sponsored Links