Good: Mother defends self and baby

This is a discussion on Good: Mother defends self and baby within the Home (And Away From Home) Defense Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by pappou68 Hooray for the young mom. Boo to the LEOover 20 minutes with a 911 situation and still not there. Boo also ...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Good: Mother defends self and baby

Quote Originally Posted by pappou68 View Post
    Hooray for the young mom. Boo to the LEOover 20 minutes with a 911 situation and still not there. Boo also the dog. Was he growling or hiding? More of this kind of stuff means fewer BGs and a lot of sleazy lawyers will have to find other kinds of people to defend and get off on violent crimes.
    Not all dogs are agressive or protective. A buddy of mine called his a "watchdog." Said the dog would watch the guy break in, watch him steal stuff and then watch him leave. Maybe she has this kind of dog.

In a rural area, LEO response time is a good as it can be due to the distance because of where they are and when the call comes in to 911 Dispatch. I'm sure they made the best attempt to get there in a hurry. Of course that is the reason why we have firearm protection because the cops can't be with us 24/7/365. The County that I reside has a lot of rural and only the Sheriff can respond to calls outside cities (Huntington, Barboursville and Milton, WV) all of those have their own Police Dept. It takes a while for a County Sheriff Deputy to respond to any call in my County.

I'm sure in this one, it is a similar situation.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

2. Remove Ads

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by barstoolguru View Post
    it takes a real POS to go after a woman days after her husband dies. too bad the other is still alive, he needs to be shot too
    Not sure about Oklahoma, but in Florida the surviving BG would be charged with murder for the death of his accomplice. Hopefully, Oklahoma has a similar law.
    Battle Plan (n) - a list of things that aren't going to happen if you are attacked.
    Blame it on Sixto - now that is a viable plan.

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by pappou68 View Post
    Hooray for the young mom. Hooray for the dispatcher-non commital but at least not negative on SD. Boo to the LEOs-over 20 minutes with a 911 situation and still not there. Boo also the dog. Was he growling or hiding? More of this kind of stuff means fewer BGs and a lot of sleazy lawyers will have to find other kinds of people to defend and get off on violent crimes.
    I would not be surprised if the dog was right next to mom or the baby, being protective.
    Battle Plan (n) - a list of things that aren't going to happen if you are attacked.
    Blame it on Sixto - now that is a viable plan.

VIP Member
    Good for her that she survived. Bad for her that she will have to live with it.
    Mark Twain:
    The government is merely a servant -- merely a temporary servant; it cannot be its prerogative to determine what is right and what is wrong, and decide who is a
    patriot and who isn't. Its function is to obey orders, not originate them.

Distinguished Member Array OhioCatter's Avatar
    21 minutes ya gotta be kidding me, but remember that LEO does not have to protect you as an individul but as a society. Seconds count when help is only minutes away. The young lady has allready been through more than what most of us will encounter in life. She did what she had to do and she has to live with that as well. But I can tell you now, she'd probably rather live with that, than having maybe to live with being raped or watching her baby be kidnapped or killed.
    scott625 likes this.

Senior Member Array KoriBustard's Avatar
    Compare how this 911 operator handled the situation to the one in another home invasion situation --> 14 Year old N.C. Teen shoots intruder
    NRA Member
    GOAL Member
    Certified NRA RSO
    EDC: M&P 9c

Distinguished Member Array Fitch's Avatar
    Updated material here: Okla. Woman Shoots, Kills Intruder: 911 Operators Say It's OK to Shoot - Yahoo! I have to give this young woman credit. She has a lot on her plate, but she is definitely cool under pressure. Get guns, give baby a bottle to keep him quiet, call 911, stay calm, ask the right questions, use the 12ga double to do what she had to do.

Well done.

Fitch
    “The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety), by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.” by H. L. Mencken

VIP Member
    Being armed, I wouldn't send my dog after a BG. Mainstream media, in usual form uses the headers of "Pistol Packin' Mama" and "Make my day".

GREAT! 18 year old mom kills intruder, protects baby

Oklahoma Mother, 18, Kills Intruder Breaking Into Her Home While on Phone With 911 - Yahoo!

Perhaps the best story I've heard of a justified shooting. My heart goes out to her after losing her husband on Christmas. I'm sorry if this has been posted already, I looked and didn't see it anywhere.
    Psalm 23
    In God I trust, it's the rest of you I'm concerned about

Certified Smith & Wesson M&P pistol and MP15 rifle armorer

VIP Member
    Boy if that were one of my daughters, I'd be proud, knowing she had the wherewith-all to do what needed to be done to protect herself and family.

Sad about the loss of her husband. That sucks.

Hope she has a support network of friends and family.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

VIP Member
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

I saw this on the news tonight. The jerk got what he deserved, I had the same thing going on here once. But the cops got here before he got in. Other wise he was looking at double 00 buck shot at about fifteen feet. The young lady kept her composure pretty well and just did what had to be done.

sgb
    Those two scum suckers weren't interested in the baby.
    "There is a secret pride in every human heart that revolts at tyranny. You may order and drive an individual, but you cannot make him respect you." William Hazlitt (1778 - 1830)

Best Choices for Self Defense Ammunition

It's to bad though she had to call 911 to get confirmation to see if it was ok if she could defend herself.
    If you wish for peace, prepare for war.

The lady did what she had to do...she did it very well.
    One less (should be two) dirtbag roaming the streets/country side...
    AZSteve and Sig 210 like this.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links