Good: Mother defends self and baby

This is a discussion on Good: Mother defends self and baby within the Home (And Away From Home) Defense Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Unfortunate that it happened to her but she could be the "poster child" for 2A rights. Maybe she could turn lemons into lemonade and springboard ...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Good: Mother defends self and baby

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    Unfortunate that it happened to her but she could be the "poster child" for 2A rights.

Maybe she could turn lemons into lemonade and springboard the celebrity into something positive.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

2. Remove Ads

Administrator
    You go girl! And hopefully future dirt bags will know what residence to stay far away from.
    And let's call the female a young Heroine because these types of home invading low-life trash actors are always repeat offenders.
    So by her giving one perp a cozy body bag and the other one a free life-long scholarship to "Gray Bar Institute" she very likely spared some other innocents.

Love this part: "McKinley ... got her 12 gauge, went into her bedroom and got a pistol, put the bottle in the baby's mouth and called 911."

Kudo's to that poor woman. I listened to the audio tape. One thing struck me HUGE, she asked if it was OK to defend herself. THIS IS WHY WE NEED TO TEACH PEOPLE YOU HAVE A RIGHT TO DEFEND YOUR SELF. Sadly I think few average people understand you have a right to defend your life. You go girl. Guns save lives.
    In a gun fight, you can not miss fast enough, to catch up.

I'm so sorry to hear bout the tragic loss of her husband and the hardships she has endured. She did what she had to do without hesitation. Bravo mama!

Quote Originally Posted by MattInFla View Post
    Not sure about Oklahoma, but in Florida the surviving BG would be charged with murder for the death of his accomplice. Hopefully, Oklahoma has a similar law.

The DA announced yesterday that the other thug has been charged with 1st Degree Murder.

The delay was due to her location being on the border between 2 counties, therefore conflicting jurisdictions. The original 911 operator, the one who told her to "do what you have to do", had to pass her onto another 911 operator.

I am hoping that the young lady can get counseling she may need for having to kill the scumbag. Her son should be very proud of her. There's already a lot of us Okies that are very proud of her.

GOD bless her for her courage.
    Keep your powder dry

Distinguished Member Array 4my sons's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by patrol View Post
    I've been a Police Officer for 17 years and I agree with you...The Supreme Court did rule the way you said as well about our responsibilities to protecting an individual. All I can tell you is speaking for myself I would never ever never not do my job to help protect or save as many people or as little people as I could to my best ability and many of us in this job feel that way. I don't care what the excuses are on a routine call, sure 21 minutes no big deal...but a in progress home invasion like that? There is no excuse that it took them that long to get there. Inexcusable. I'm glad the Mother made some worm food.
    Patrol,

Please don't get the wrong impression about when (no duty to protect) is mentioned. I can only speak for myself, I doubt many if any members believe that any LEO would intentionally refuse to do all they can to help someone when the call comes in. As has been stated in previous post, rural counties and low "on duty" numbers of officers or deputies makes it just physically imposable to always "be there". We don't hold that against any LEO, it's just the way it is. It would have been nice if that wasn't the case here and this young woman didn't have to live with this for the rest of her life. At least it turned out as good as it could have for her and her child.

Edit to add: To prevent any confusion, my sig is the reason I feel the need to go as far as carrying a handgun to protect my family and self, Just a simple statement of fact, not to bust and LEO's chops.
    Last edited by 4my sons; January 5th, 2012 at 12:59 PM. Reason: clarification
    "fundamental principle of American law that a government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any individual citizen." [Warren v. District of Columbia,(D.C. Ct. of Ap., 1981)]
    If I have to explain it, you wouldn't understand

Administrator
    Well, if any member living in Oklahoma discovers that there is a verifiable and legitimate collection/donation being taken up for this young Mom and her little ankle-biter then post the details of it here.
    goldshellback likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Lhoyle View Post
    The DA announced yesterday that the other thug has been charged with 1st Degree Murder.

The delay was due to her location being on the border between 2 counties, therefore conflicting jurisdictions. The original 911 operator, the one who told her to "do what you have to do", had to pass her onto another 911 operator.

I am hoping that the young lady can get counseling she may need for having to kill the scumbag. Her son should be very proud of her. There's already a lot of us Okies that are very proud of her.
    The other perp has been released on bail.

Man free on bail, days after Oklahoma woman kills alleged intruder's accomplice - CNN.com

Good spot on NBC Nightly News tonight with Brian Williams. They covered the story well.
    And you know I could have me a million more friends, and all I'd have to lose is my point of view. -- John Prine (A Good Time)

Kudos to the young lady! She did it right. She would have been a victim, for sure.

I don't understand all the negative comments here about the dog. I'm sure the dog was barking. What the heck do you guys expect the dog to do? Rip through the walls to get at the bad guys???? Geeezzzz. The gal did the right thing by shooting the invader. He was a big guy and probably could have over-powered the dog. Besides, it might have been the dog that provided the initial alert, thus helping the young lady get prepared......

-
    'Be careful, even in small matters' - Miyamoto Musashi

Blanchard, OK straddles two counties, Grady and McClain. The first 911 operator was in McClain county: She handed the lady off to the Grady county 911 operator.

What Tacman and Patrol said. Comanche county, OK is larger than Rhode Island. Our county sheriff has two deputies on duty after normal working hours.
    tacman605 likes this.

Good for her!
    "What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

21 minutes? Sure. In the remote parts of Larimer County in northern Colorado where I live the response can be half an hour and up. Way up. Lots of area, lots of ridges and valleys (Rocky Mountains), big county, fininite number of deupties, etc. And I don't think Larimer County is anywhere near as large as Rhode Island.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links