Good: Mother defends self and baby

This is a discussion on Good: Mother defends self and baby within the Home (And Away From Home) Defense Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Okla. Woman Shoots, Kills Intruder: 911 Operators Say It's Okay to Shoot - Yahoo! I am not familiar with the Oklahoma City area but a ...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Good: Mother defends self and baby

Okla. Woman Shoots, Kills Intruder: 911 Operators Say It's Okay to Shoot - Yahoo!

I am not familiar with the Oklahoma City area but a 21 minute response time seems excessive.
    Nice that 911 did not try and convince her to wait.
    Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor liberty to purchase power.
    -Ben Franklin

The poor girl, She has just lost her husband to cancer on christmas and now these two scumbag low life dirtballs! Thank god she had the weapons! Good shoot!
    TactiPaul45 likes this.

it takes a real POS to go after a woman days after her husband dies. too bad the other is still alive, he needs to be shot too

In all truth, she might have been trying to protect her baby, but we all know that she was the real target. She did what she was left no alternative for, hope her life has a few better turns in it from here on out.
    TN_Mike, sgb and garyacman like this.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Good for her. This gal needs some good luck now...
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

I just read this article. Good for the mother and good for the 911 dispatcher for not trying the usual crap and telling her to wait for the police.

And I agree, she is entitled to some good luck now. I think she has used up her whole allotment of bad luck at this point. If the scum bag's family try to sue her for wrongful death, I may have to drive to Oklahoma and kick them in the head.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Three cheers for the woman choosing to not be helpless!
    9MMare likes this.
    Spend few minutes learning about my journey from Zero to Athlete in this mini documentary!
    Then check out my blog! www.BodyByMcDonalds.com

Cupcake - 100 pound loser, adventurer, Ironman Triathlete.

Absolutley cheers for the mom, but in watching the video I think that the dog has to be replaced if he was at the home at the time.

Dog should have torn them apart as soon as they started snooping around.
    RevolvingMag likes this.

Distinguished Member Array 4my sons's Avatar

Teen kills intruder to protect her infant and self

The story 911 Tells Mom 'Do What You Have To Do': Okla. Mom Sarah McKinley Kills Intruder Justin Martin

I hope she comes out of this okay for herself and her child, mentaly that is, looks like charges won't be filled. 18 years old, gave birth to a child, lost her husband to cancer and had to kill to protect herself and her child.

The call went on for 21 minutes as the men powered their way into McKinley's house.
    Really, 21 minutes.
    "fundamental principle of American law that a government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any individual citizen." [Warren v. District of Columbia,(D.C. Ct. of Ap., 1981)]
    If I have to explain it, you wouldn't understand

21 minutes Trying to gain access! BG enters and instantly became pink mist! Don't ever mess with a Mama Grizzly. How long after until LEO arrived? Kudos to the young lady. Good Shoot.

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    I wondered about the 21 minutes myself, it looks like a rural area. She is amazingly level headed given the misfortune she has been through. I hope I can be that calm if the time comes!
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

I wonder what the response time is with the local police over there. The article said that she was on the phone with 911 for 21 minutes. Doesn't 911 usually stay on the line until the police arrive on site?

I have been following this, and in the 911 audio, the dispatcher did not tell her to shoot, only "do what you have to do" to protect herself while Police were enroute. I admire this lady's calm demeanor and instantaneous actions. She certainly did not panic and handled the situation extremely well. I just hope the dead thugs family do not seek revenge.

I guess the 911 clerk probably figured the girl was going to shoot this pond scum because the cops were not going to be able to be there in just a few minutes. Guess she was correct.

I love this woman's response......"Don't mess with a Momma Bear."

The dead thug is going to be pondering this in a really warm atmosphere for an eternity.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Yesterday the Grady county DA released the 911 tape and publically stated its unlikely the lady will be charged. Under OK law the accomplice can be charged with 2nd degree murder.

Hooray for the young mom. Hooray for the dispatcher-non commital but at least not negative on SD. Boo to the LEOs-over 20 minutes with a 911 situation and still not there. Boo also the dog. Was he growling or hiding? More of this kind of stuff means fewer BGs and a lot of sleazy lawyers will have to find other kinds of people to defend and get off on violent crimes.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Links