New Security Camera's Installed A Week Ago. Already Came In Handy.

This is a discussion on New Security Camera's Installed A Week Ago. Already Came In Handy. within the Home (And Away From Home) Defense Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by Hopyard I think you are bouncing off the walls. Go see a doc, and don't get a gun. best option may be ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: New Security Camera's Installed A Week Ago. Already Came In Handy.

Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post

I think you are bouncing off the walls. Go see a doc, and don't get a gun.
    best option may be to find Gecko45 and hire him and his girl to clean up the hood.
    TN_Mike likes this.

2. Remove Ads

It seems the last week we've had first timers with BIG stories that never really back up their original post. People can be so shy.
    And you know I could have me a million more friends, and all I'd have to lose is my point of view. -- John Prine (A Good Time)

Quote Originally Posted by kabe View Post
    I wouldn't buy a .500 magnum for my first gun that's for sure
    Quote Originally Posted by rdpG19 View Post
    Call the police, plan on moving, sounds like your neighbors don't like you and it won't stop, As far as a gun, Shotgun for your house, 38/357 revolver is a great first Carry gun or a 9mm simi-auto. Don't start out with the 50cal.
    I would agree. I would never recommend anyone buy a .50 as their first gun. Go for a 9mm or a 38/357 revolver. And get a shotgun for the house. If you are scared of a 12Ga (and why would you be if you are considering a .50 for your first handgun) then go with a .20Ga.
    Hopyard likes this.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Most "builder quality" door frames are made of cheap pine and probably not doubled up. Longer screws in the striker plate won't help when the wood splinters under one good kick. There are inexpensive reinforcements available that will strengthen door frames. Then again, that doesn't do much for the folks with the fancy decorative doors with cute windows that you bust and unlock the door.
    Rock and Glock likes this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

I have 2 security cameras on my house. I plan on adding another 2 eventually to watch the back yard.

I have had them there for 2 years. THere were a lot of things happen before I put them in, but as you might guess Murphy's law says that now that I have video cameras, they will never come in handy. Of course, either way I win. I'd rather nothing bad happen anyway.

I did get to see my mailbox being knocked over by some guy with a big truck backing out of my neighbor's driveway. It wasn't a truck that normally lives there, so I didn't say anything about it.
    "Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." -Plato

Distinguished Member Array claude clay's Avatar
    [QUOTE=adric22;2134385]I have 2 security cameras on my house. I plan on adding another 2 eventually to watch the back yard.

I have had them there for 2 years. THere were a lot of things happen before I put them in, but as you might guess Murphy's law says that now that I have video cameras, they will never come in handy. Of course, either way I win. I'd rather nothing bad happen anyway.

I did get to see my mailbox being knocked over by some guy with a big truck backing out of my neighbor's driveway. It wasn't a truck that normally lives there, so I didn't say anything about it.[/QUOTE]

Personal Responsibility is not just for one's self; others should abide it also--even if it means that you have to bring it to their attention.
    ua, i can see how it would be possible an uncomfortable conversation with the neighbor ( tough) that your truck driver need to return and fix what he damaged.

the driver knows what he did and just kept on going...inconvient is him returning to make good on his poor driving, not me spending time to correct what he did.
    it may seem like a small thing; a mail box, but suppose your car had been parked there and he hit it? still not going to say anything?

----------------------
    more on the subject, i vote with Hopyard.....your feelings for having a gun and the correct use of one, do not mesh with the attitude you have put forth.
    not knowing pouch from porch and than taking attitude from your misunderstanding , does not put you in good light.
    Be aware, be deliberate in your actions and be accurate.
    -------------------
    Why do those elected to positions of power than work so hard
    to deny those same opportunities to the same people who empowered them

Ditto on what most have stated. I'm thinking you moved into a group of "good ole boys" and they are enjoying a bit of fun,at your expense. Nevertheless, I'd take some precautions. A 50 caliber is a bit overkill. A good 9mm or 38 is ample protection, in my humble opinion. By the way, what kind of cameras do you have that notify you to your cell phone? I'd be interested in purchasing like them.

I would suggest you change your camera setup to record 24/7. If you change the frame rate per second you should be able to manage it.

My cameras at the home and office can record 24/7 and get about 10 weeks worth of video before recording over the old stuff. Does your camera system allow for remote viewing of the cameras?

Why wouldn't the Husky carry the dog bed? Do you know your state laws regarding defense of your person or property. If not, spend some time learning them, so you don't end up in jail for doing something you think is justified.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links