Tonights Incident FNP9

This is a discussion on Tonights Incident FNP9 within the Home (And Away From Home) Defense Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Awesome feed back guys, im from Lincoln, Rhode Island and its a very nice area and pretty much a pain in the A to get ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: Tonights Incident FNP9

Awesome feed back guys, im from Lincoln, Rhode Island and its a very nice area and pretty much a pain in the A to get a carry permit unless you know someone. So for right now im stuck to mastering home defense with all of your help. THANKS

2. Remove Ads

Chris, One important thing that I don't think has been mentioned yet is to keep your finger off the trigger while you investigate. This will mean the difference between shooting a loved one vs shooting a bad guy. Your finger shouldn't be on the trigger until you have absolutley identified the threat and you are ready to fire. If you detain a BG and he's laying on the floor, take your finger off the trigger. You can avoid getting sued for shooting a BG in the back because something scared you and you jerked the trigger finger.
    ChrisHall22 and ep1953 like this.

Welcome to the forum from SW Ohio. And you can add me to the long list of people who think you did just fine! It is better to be prepared and not need the gun than to go look first and realize you do need it--but it is locked up! I'm one of the ones who carries ALL the time. After all, 100% of home invasions occur at home!
    ChrisHall22 likes this.
    Live to ride, ride to live. Harley Road King And keep a .45 handy Kimber Custom TLE II

haha VERY true JDE101 im going to be in the process of getting my carry permit, but like i said in Rhode Island its very difficult. Safe to say that its only going to be locked up in certain situations now for example when my brother and sisters have friends over and etc..

Welcome to the forum Chris. I'll add my opinion that you did the right thing. When I was 14 and baby sitting my younger Sister, a bunch of older teens stopped their car outside our rural house at the end of our dead end road. They started beating on the door and making a ruckus about wanting to come in. I yelled through the door that they were not to come in. They persisted with the yelling and kicking at the door. So I opened the door, stepped back, and greeted them with a loaded 12 gauge pump. They decided they didn't want to come in after all. This was long before 911.
    ChrisHall22 likes this.
    Shall not be infringed means - shall not be infringed.
    Member - NRA
    John

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    The only thing I would have done differently would be to have refrained from the discussion with the Monday morning quarterbacks.
    That is what he doing now LOL

Welcome
    ChrisHall22 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by jrclen View Post
    Welcome to the forum Chris. I'll add my opinion that you did the right thing. When I was 14 and baby sitting my younger Sister, a bunch of older teens stopped their car outside our rural house at the end of our dead end road. They started beating on the door and making a ruckus about wanting to come in. I yelled through the door that they were not to come in. They persisted with the yelling and kicking at the door. So I opened the door, stepped back, and greeted them with a loaded 12 gauge pump. They decided they didn't want to come in after all. This was long before 911.
    Thats awesome, sometimes there is just situations 911 or the police cant take care of thanks for sharing your story!

I agree with most here, you did fine. Sounds to me like there are anti's around you telling you things like, you shouldn't be so quick to turn to the gun. Bah humbug Better safe than sorry!
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

Quote Originally Posted by tkruf View Post
    I agree with most here, you did fine. Sounds to me like there are anti's around you telling you things like, you shouldn't be so quick to turn to the gun. Bah humbug Better safe than sorry!
    exactly thanks for the support!

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisHall22 View Post
    Awesome feed back guys, im from Lincoln, Rhode Island and its a very nice area and pretty much a pain in the A to get a carry permit unless you know someone. So for right now im stuck to mastering home defense with all of your help. THANKS
    Just put on the application that you are buds with Buddy Cianci - that ought to clear it right up. JK
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

Quote Originally Posted by ksholder View Post
    Just put on the application that you are buds with Buddy Cianci - that ought to clear it right up. JK
    HAHA that was great ill be sure to make that known NOT haha

Welcome to the forum.
    "What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Quote Originally Posted by slugger6 View Post
    Welcome to the forum.
    thanks, much appreciated

What your misguided friends and relatives don't understand is this. If you go to investivage without a gun in your hand, buy the time you realize that you need a gun its toooooooo late.

IMHO it was well handled. I'm impressed how the younger kids responded. If you were seen, you may have just notified the neighbors where to turn in an emergency. And maybe word will get around and you'll have fewer thefts in the neighborhood.

I suggest is that you could have had the response discussion with your parents before there was an incident. Now that it's come up, make sure to have it now, to a conclusion. Ask them what their response might have been if it was a hostile break-in rather than a collapsing shelf.

Maybe you can get them to pay for a training course, since you already have a defensively firearm on the premises.

Aaron

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links