Fortify a Door From Zombies - Page 3

Fortify a Door From Zombies

This is a discussion on Fortify a Door From Zombies within the Home (And Away From Home) Defense Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; those plans are great. now you have a door that can not be busted in. what about the weak wall on eather side of that ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: Fortify a Door From Zombies

those plans are great. now you have a door that can not be busted in. what about the weak wall on eather side of that door?
    most walls have a piece of 1/2 plywood on the outside of the studs, some kind of siding over the plywood and 1/2 sheetrock on the inside of the studs. that is the weak point of any home.
    Buy a concrete home. then it would be worth reinforcing the doors.
    "I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution, which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents." -1792, James Madison
    There are always too many Democratic, Republican and never enough U.S. congressmen.

NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

Senior Member Array The Old Anglo's Avatar
    Please remember that a Claymore works wonders. All you need is a 1/2lb of your favorite powder,a container,,two handfulls of large BB`s and a detonator line. Also the 24hr number of a really good clean-up service. Problem Solved. Best of Luck.

What happens when the zombies break out the windows and push through there?

but how about the super zombies? :p
    Proudly living in the free state of Florida

I think you oughta put ports on that door for observation and defense, or even perhaps steel jacketed ports with with some kind of motion sensing flame throwers. that'd definitely take care of your run of the mill walker and fry those super zombies ala '28 Days' types
    Totus vestri castrum es nostrum possessia

Quote Originally Posted by hogdaddy View Post
    Make the door open out, Much harder to kick in and while your at it reinforce each side of jams with 1/2" steel JMO ; )
    H/D
    And now seeing that it has windows, replace the door with a solid or steel shell, open outwards, and reinforce the frame.

Overall, much adoo about nothing.
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

VIP Member
    The wall frame should have king studs (double studded). Replace the door and frame with an exterior steel security door. Use longer screws for the hinges, install a dead bolt with a thicker security bolt, and a reinforced striker plate.

Ex Member
    ACE hardware has a metal brace that goes from handle to floor. Cheap, fast, fool proof, even kids can use it.

Drop Bars

These guys at Just In Case Defense, Security, Locks & Safety Systems, Salem, OR 97305 - index is where I bought my lock bars for my door.
    Works very well, it's all made out of 3/8" thick steel. What I liked about it was the fact that you now need a take to get through my doors, but the part they call the receivers are welded together and have a sealed end so when the door is getting slammed against the bar, it won't vibrate out of place and hit the floor.

Only thing is that it is a heavy son of a gun. But at least it's not going anywhere

Why don't you just use a proven solution?

Welcome to Safe Homes International? Home of the Strikemaster II Pro!

I have their products and they are very great, only thing is the install as not as easy as they would like to make you think. At least for me I had to sand and plane.
    Bark'n likes this.

Dig a 15' deep square hole just outside the door and rig a trap door that can be actuated from the inside. Zombies drop in then close the door. There aren't any laws against zombie imprisonment in your state are there?
    ...Adam

"If you're not a liberal at 20, you have no heart, and if you're not a conservative at 40, you have no head." --Winston Churchill

LOL, I have not read of any zombie abuse laws here

"Dig a 15' deep square hole just outside the door and rig a trap door that can be actuated from the inside. "

I believe section 364.22345 of the ZDA (Zombies with Disabilities Act) states that your Zombie containment system needs at least one of the following to be compliant. Wheel chair accessibility, and/or a step, stumble, drag-approved ramp.
    What about provisions for more rotund, weight challenged zombies?
    Zombies on Rascals?

Think about the last time you were at Wal Mart. These will be the Zombies you need to prepare for.
    Rock and Glock likes this.

wall quotes

That is the good thing for the children because children most like to cartoon and animal, when the school wall filed with every thing they will be learn to some thing.

wall quotes

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links