Starting to feel a bit paranoid. - Page 3

Starting to feel a bit paranoid.

This is a discussion on Starting to feel a bit paranoid. within the Home (And Away From Home) Defense Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; You can search ebay for personal security alarm or portable alarm or whatever. There are many different variations of the alarms that sound when a ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Starting to feel a bit paranoid.

Administrator
    You can search ebay for personal security alarm or portable alarm or whatever. There are many different variations of the alarms that sound when a pin is pulled out.
    They make it super easy to set up quick and temporary trip-wire alarms. You'll need some 20# fishing line or some MIL surplus trip wire.
    It should be pretty obvious how to set them up.
    Thread your trip wire through screw eyes if you need to turn a bend.

You should be able to find some cheaper than this one by GE. I posted this to give you an idea of what to look for. Any of them with a finger ring and a pin that pulls out to sound the alarm will work.

Please keep us updated and be safe. Hope who ever is doing this to you gets caught immediately. Sorry for your losses, that is just sickening.

Sent from my PB99400 using Tapatalk

The computergeeks.com site did have the CC cameras at "reasonable" prices, including the wireless ones you can put almost anywhere. Sounds like you are being targeted for possible B&E or home invasion robbery. The BG is trying to take out your dogs, knowing they may bite him. Contact your local sheriff (and city if you are in the city) and report the prowler, the animal death as being related and ask for extra patrols on all shifts (it may come in broad daylight). Also, inform all your neighbors, give them your phone number to contact you if they see anything...and tell them to just go ahead and send the cops with a 911 call if they do. Put up flood lights all around (use extension cords if you have to). Get with neighbors about starting a neighborhood crimewatch. Make friends with your local cops...especially the night shift guys and keep xtra bottled water, donuts, healthy snacks on hand in case they drop by...try to meet up with them at the times you had "problems" with this individual so that they encounter him too. Make your place a hot zone and he will move on. Also, local army/navy surplus. Look for 12ga trip flare devices and some dark green wire to set the things with. Insert a 12ga blank shotgun shell and if the BG trips one...will scare the crap out of him. If you're not in the city and shooting is not prohibited, invite some friends over each night for a week and some late-night target practice around time BG was seen will make him really think twice about moving on. Make sure have a cell-phone back-up in case power/phone lines cut. Safe room to take refuge if call police and BG makes entry-get the whole family on the same page for the plans. Have a car alarm? Setting it off at night can really un-nerve a BG as well.

After turning in some drug pushers, pills, we found a dead mutilated kitty in the yard in a place no one would just walk to.
    I bought my first weapon since 1977, a SP 101. Someone that will kill trusting animals is an animal capable of more.
    Eyes wide open!

Anything new OP?

Paranoid aint all it's cracked up to be. Being prepared is the best thing you can do.

RKM
    I really sorry to hear about you animals. For me, pets are a part of the family and nothing less. I'd make a report. Anytime you let the dogs outside, go out with them and keep and eye on them. And as always, you should always be armed. You should always be armed anyway. 95% of the time, if I so much as leave my bedroom, a pistol is following me. I agree with the idea of trail cameras. This sounds VERY freaky. I'd be a little nervous. I've had some strange coincidences happen to me before, but these don't seem like coincidences. Stay alert.

I feel really bad for you and your family. I would without doubt contact the cops. No doubt at all. Like the others say, lights and firearms and watchful eye.
    BA
    Kahr CM9, Beretta PX4 SC .40, Ruger LCP/LM, Dan Wesson .357, Beretta 21A .22, Four Aces .22, H&R .22, Marlin .22 rifle and 1946 Remington 12 gauge.

Senior Moderator
    They make it super easy to set up quick and temporary trip-wire alarms. You'll need some 20# fishing line or some MIL surplus trip wire.
    It should be pretty obvious how to set them up.
    Thread your trip wire through screw eyes if you need to turn a bend.
    I think it would work better if each end were tied to the slightly loosened pin of a grenade.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

VIP Member
    Along with the game cams, you can get wireless motion detectors to put outside, the unit in your house can alert you when someone passes by the detector. I've seen them at lowes or home depot, usually near the motion lights.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

Quote Originally Posted by M60A2 View Post
    After turning in some drug pushers, pills, we found a dead mutilated kitty in the yard in a place no one would just walk to.
    I bought my first weapon since 1977, a SP 101. Someone that will kill trusting animals is an animal capable of more.
    Eyes wide open!
    Anyone that would harm an innocent trusting animal (pet) really p's me off. I am so sorry.
    BA
    Kahr CM9, Beretta PX4 SC .40, Ruger LCP/LM, Dan Wesson .357, Beretta 21A .22, Four Aces .22, H&R .22, Marlin .22 rifle and 1946 Remington 12 gauge.

Did you talk to the Sheriff about doing property checks for a week or so? They don't always like them, but a lot of PD's will provide them when asked. It may be nothing more than them driving buy and eyeballing the house. Put an increased LE presence can't be bad. It's worth a phone call. My local PD will do them for a week. When I go on vacation I give them the day we are leaving till the day we get back. We usually see them drive by after we get home. And they don't really come down our road much randomly.
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links