RNC

RNC

This is a discussion on RNC within the Home (And Away From Home) Defense Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Republican National Convention. It's coming to my town. The preparations are in full swing. Perimeters are established. Fencing and barricades are being shipped. Cops are ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Hopyard

Thread: RNC

RNC

Republican National Convention. It's coming to my town. The preparations are in full swing. Perimeters are established. Fencing and barricades are being shipped. Cops are being hired and trained. It's not the (R)'s they worry about. It's the morons they bus in to "protest". As I live less than a mile from the epicenter, I'm wondering how much hardship will be endured. Will I lose cell phone coverage at home? Will morons venture into my neighborhood where "unknown" enforcers may beat them senseless with their own picket signs? I already know my commute just turned to crap. I'm trying to think ahead and plan. If it was just a big normal event, I'd leave town for the week and head to NC, but I hate to leave my house unattended while nutbags wander around. Advice?

Distinguished Member Array Elk Hunter's Avatar
    Hoard ammo now while you can get it. No I'm sure you are already prepared, but if you aren't I would do the basics like out door lights, trim bushes (you want clear fields of fire), locks on gates and sheds. Cameras?

Extra batteries for your movie camera you might get some footage for youtube or americas funniest videos.

buy a bunch of supplies to make picket signs maybe you can turn a profit off the occupiers by selling signs.

My prayers are with you

All the squirrels won't be in the trees...keep your head on a swivel and watch the home-front.

Stay armed...stay alert...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by Elk Hunter View Post
    Hoard ammo now while you can get it. No I'm sure you are already prepared, but if you aren't I would do the basics like out door lights, trim bushes (you want clear fields of fire), locks on gates and sheds. Cameras?

My prayers are with you
    Yeah, ammo is the least of my concern. Trimming the landscape is a good call,although an untrimmed Bougainvillea is a weapon in and of itself. I planted one in the back corner to counter the neighbor's $12K playground, and it has worked expertly. We also just enjoyed/endured the annual Tampa street party "Gasparilla" two weekends ago. I made it a point to confiscate some of the illegal "no stopping/standing" and "no parking" signs the city laid out. I'll probably deploy those along with a few of these:

VIP Member
    Relax. It won't be Chicago 1968. Drunks (delegates and others) peeing on your lawn will be the extent of the high crime.
    Getting in and out of your neighborhood, as you predict, will be a likely problem.

My expectation is that it will be a peaceful event. Put up a drink stand on your front lawn. The revenue will make up for what you lose from not going to work so you can guard your house. Ain't it thoughtful of everyone to disrupt a residential area
    Rock and Glock likes this.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

Garden hose, Fire extinguishers, large size pepper sprays, or how about a fox lab pepper "grenade.". Fox Pepper Spray Grenades

Security film for any highly susceptible windows to prevent objects from penetrating? I like the idea of selling hot drinks or water.

I would sell parking spaces in my yard and make some money to buy more ammo!
    Why?? Because at the last second, the Police are minutes away.

I'd avoid putting any sighs in my yard as they tend to act like magnets for drunk and unruly people.

I think your neighborhood will be pretty safe with all the extra police presents.
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    Make a deal with a hot dog cart vendor to set up in your front yard. Allow him access to power and water for a small fee or percentage. Might as well earn a few bucks to spend on more ammo.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Sponsored Links