Affordable home video surveillance system. - Page 2

Affordable home video surveillance system.

This is a discussion on Affordable home video surveillance system. within the Home (And Away From Home) Defense Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Do those fall under the "affordable" catagory? Based on the website, I would have to initially say no....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Affordable home video surveillance system.

Do those fall under the "affordable" catagory?

Based on the website, I would have to initially say no.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

"One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

I really want to install a video surveillance system at my home but I don't want to do the cabling, drywall work, and painting that is required to get the wiring into the house. The number of choice and variances in performance of the competing systems doesn't help either. I want a system that has features outside of those typically found on entry level units. The ability to record pictures and video that can be an aid to identifing any subjects caught on the system is also important. Which brings me to a question: what is the resolution of the cameras that are included in the QSee package? In your opinion, is the performance sufficient to identify any persons that are on your property? Many prepackaged systems in the sub-1k range seem capable of informing the end user that some one is in the field of view but incapable of helping to determine race, gender, basic physical features, etc.
    2nd Amendment: because personal violence never makes an appointment.
    Evil resides in the heart of the individual, not in inanimate objects.
    Proud Member of GeorgiaCarry.Org

The cameras that came with my system have 400 lines of resolution. The dvr in D1 mode records up to 704x576.

If there is an adequate amount of lighting, yes, you can identify persons and recognize facial features. Did you look at the pictures I posted, or view the video that was posted? The one picture of the guy was a single frame taken from the video that was posted later.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    NRA Instructor

I have been using a wireless system with 8 cameras and dedicated a survalence DVR (500mb drive).

Lorex is the brand. Most wireless units require line of site. Because of this certain cams need a amp receiver. Thats my next enhancement ,as I have some connectivity issues, but they keep rollin......

Good nite vision ability also.

Port adjustment for video surveillance cameras

Hi all

I am a new member of this forum,
    I have a Redleaf RLC-BF2035 IP camera, I have a problem, I can't adjust camera's ports for setting the camera with my ADSL modem
    What should I do? Is there anyone who can help me?

tnx a lot

Sarah,

Are you able to log into your modem and look at the settings? This is where you would set the NAT to feed the ports to the DVR/Camera.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    NRA Instructor

Quote Originally Posted by sarah.jones View Post
    Hi all

I have a Redleaf RLC-BF2035 IP camera, I have a problem, I can't adjust camera's ports for setting the camera with my ADSL modem

tnx a lot
    mmm, actually I am not very familiar with this stuff but I think that if you wan to see the picture of your camera online you should change the NAT settings of your modem for port forwarding.
    p.s. I did a quick Google search and found the manufacturer's website of your camera, refer to its user manual:
    RedLeaf Security - RLC-BF2035

VIP Member
    Hi all

tnx a lot
    Do you realize this thread is a year and a half old and is on a sight dedicated to the defensive carry of firearms?

Perhaps you will have better luck finding an A/V expert if you ask your question on a forum that focuses on A/V and electronic equipment.

By the way, welcome to the forum.
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Behave Like Someone Who is Determined to be FREE!

VIP Member
    Hi all

tnx a lot
    Quote Originally Posted by Joan_Harris View Post
    mmm, actually I am not very familiar with this stuff but I think that if you wan to see the picture of your camera online you should change the NAT settings of your modem for port forwarding.
    p.s. I did a quick Google search and found the manufacturer's website of your camera, refer to its user manual:
    RedLeaf Security - RLC-BF2035
    Do you two know each other or are you the same person with two different user names?
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by 1MoreGoodGuy View Post
    Do you realize this thread is a year and a half old and is on a sight dedicated to the defensive carry of firearms?

Perhaps you will have better luck finding an A/V expert if you ask your question on a forum that focuses on A/V and electronic equipment.

By the way, welcome to the forum.
    Whether a year and a half old or not, video surveillance can be an important part of home defense. Just like locks, good doors, or an internal defense strategy.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    NRA Instructor

Don't worry. The NSA has you covered.

Hey, wait a minute...
    There is a solution but we are not Jedi... not yet.
    Doghandler

Distinguished Member Array mr.stuart's Avatar
    We have inside cameras with our alarm systems. Recently,I noticed several camera systems while shopping at Sam's Club. While looking at them,I saw a deer camera with an SD card on the same shelf,$99. I bought one for outside,great pictures for the money. Not as good as video but the picture quality might help identify a thief.
    Pain is the best teacher,but nobody wants to go to his class.

When the past smothers the present, there is only desperation. When the future absorbs the present, life stands still. In either case a decision must be made because you only live now and you are only what you are now.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by farronwolf View Post
    Whether a year and a half old or not, video surveillance can be an important part of home defense. Just like locks, good doors, or an internal defense strategy.
    Video surveillance is an important part of home defense/security. She is not asking about that, she is asking about how to diagnose/resolve a technical issue with her system.

I was commenting that we have a brand new member (from Canada) and on her first post she is trying to get in contact with someone to help her diagnose/resolve a technical issue she is having with a specific camera/camera system (manufactured by a canadian company in Toronto).

Then we have another brand new member (from Toronto, Canada) join who claims to not be familiar with this stuff and then gives some knowledgeable advice and then posts a link to the manufacturer's website (the Canadian company in Toronto). This person specifically joined the forum to tell the other poster that she did a google search for the other woman and found the manufacturer's website for her.

To me, this seem like two people or one person with two user names who are/is trying to drive web traffic to their company's website.

Look at the time stamps on the posts...they happen to be just about the same time on different days...HMMM!

A better place to locate someone with technical knowledge of video surveillance is a forum dedicated to A/V not a forum where the members are interested in the benefits of owning a video surveillance system.

She didn't even thank herself for the advice she gave herself to try to make it look more real.
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Could be the case, I don't know.

Or could just be a coincidence.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    NRA Instructor

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links