Home invasion and deaths......mistakes made - Page 2

Home invasion and deaths......mistakes made

This is a discussion on Home invasion and deaths......mistakes made within the Home (And Away From Home) Defense Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Buy yourself one of these.... believe it or not, sensitive, and will tell you if someone's even approaching your door ...... and cost little. Wireless ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Home invasion and deaths......mistakes made

Buy yourself one of these.... believe it or not, sensitive, and will tell you if someone's even approaching your door ...... and cost little.

Wireless Driveway Alert & Driveway Alarm System
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

VIP Member
    Ok, it looks positive that multiple arrests (5) have been made. News link below:

Ascension Sheriff: 2 more arrested in Marchand slayings | Home | The Advocate — Baton Rouge, LA

According to the news article, one of the BG's was a former employee of the homeowner. IOW the homeowner recognized him and let him in his house at 11 pm, apparently his "associates" followed in right behind him.

Don't just be cautious of strangers, familiar faces can be deadly too.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

I am ALWAYS on my parents about the possibility of home invasions. Although they do have guns (my stepdad has a 9mm and shot gun in the bedroom, but keeps them unloaded!?!?!?!). They live in a very low crime area and feel safe enough because of that. I don't know what else to do. I've BEGGED them to at least keep a clip in the 9mm, but my mother is extremely afraid of guns. Thankfully my step dad is not. But my mother is the one forbidding him to keep a loaded gun at the bedside. Any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by dnilson View Post
    I am ALWAYS on my parents about the possibility of home invasions. Although they do have guns (my stepdad has a 9mm and shot gun in the bedroom, but keeps them unloaded!?!?!?!). They live in a very low crime area and feel safe enough because of that. I don't know what else to do. I've BEGGED them to at least keep a clip in the 9mm, but my mother is extremely afraid of guns. Thankfully my step dad is not. But my mother is the one forbidding him to keep a loaded gun at the bedside. Any ideas?
    Yeah... Continue to pray for them. You aren't going to be able to change their minds no matter how much evidence you put before them.

About all you can do is pray the Lord keeps them safe and untouched from violent crime. You can't live their lives for them.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links