home invaders posing as utility workers

This is a discussion on home invaders posing as utility workers within the Home (And Away From Home) Defense Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Wearing yellow vests... Story here...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Zepoll

Thread: home invaders posing as utility workers

Wearing yellow vests...

Story here
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

I got it!!!! Ban yellow vests. There I Fixed it.....
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

Distinguished Member Array Stubborn's Avatar
    Yellow vests should make easy to see targets.
    "The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it".
    Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Why would any group of utility workers ever have to have access to one's home?
    People have to keep their SA working...even at home.OMO
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

VIP Member
    Unless I called in a problem, they are not getting into my home. If I did call in a problem, they will show proper ID before entering my home.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

My guess... and I'm only guessing here, is that the vests and utility worker outfits were meant to mentally disarm them for only a moment. A guy with a tool belt (assuming) and a bright colored utility vest knocks on the door.... for 1.) the neighbors probably don't think anything suspicious of it, and 2.) the homeowner probably thought, "huh, wonder what these guys want" and open the door innocently thinking nothing of a threat at all. Once the door is opened it would be easy enough to push your way inside.

Vs.. a couple strange guys show up in civilian clothes and knock on the door. The owner looks out.. see's a few guys he doesn't know and maybe his guard goes up.

They just need a little bit to get you off balance, and then they land their blow.
    Last edited by Zepoll; February 22nd, 2012 at 10:34 PM.
    farronwolf likes this.
    ...because you never know when the king of England might come looking for back taxes.

- Richard L. Johnson

My electric meter, gas meter and phone box are all outside. Two of them in the back yard where the dog is. Phone company doesn't come out unless I call. Electric meter sends signal for meter usage. If my electric needs work it is done by two brothers I have known for 30 years.

I think I would tell them to get lost, and then make sure I paid attention to where they went what vehicle they got in ect. If it looked fishy would call 911.

Although for most folks who remain in condition white, zepoll is probably correct.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

Sponsored Links