Things that go bump in the night - Page 3

Things that go bump in the night

This is a discussion on Things that go bump in the night within the Home (And Away From Home) Defense Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I think you guys are putting way to much faith in the shotgun racking thing....

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Things that go bump in the night

VIP Member
    I think you guys are putting way to much faith in the shotgun racking thing.
    ksholder likes this.
    "A first rate man with a third rate gun is far better than the other way around". The gun is a tool, you are the craftsman that makes it work. There are those who say "if I had to do it, I could" yet they never go out and train to do it. Don't let stupid be your mindset. Harryball 2013

I have very shrill alarm system on all windows and doors. Also dog on front porch. But for the longest time I would leap up from a sound sleep to a loud thunk. I finally figured it out that it was the icemaker on the fridge door. Now I just over ride it at night. Almost blew away a really good freezer/fridge before I figured it out though! I spent 6 years in country over four tours of RVN so I tend to be a little jumpy, especially at night. I concur with many posters that a dog is best first stage alarm. The only time I really felt like I could sleep in Danang was after they brought the dogs over for perimeter patrol.
    Retired Marine, Retired School Teacher, Independent voter, Goldwater Conservative.

About a month ago the wife and I had just laid down for the night when we heard a tremendous crash in the garage, directly below us. The dogs leapt up and growled, and I was up and headed down to check it out seconds later.

Some idiot (me) had been in the garage working on his bike, and left ALL the drawers open on his toolchest...which spent the next hour sloooooowly tipping over. Tools everywhere. Wife very unhappy with said idiot. Relieved, but unhappy.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponsored Links