Wisconsin home invasion and shooting

This is a discussion on Wisconsin home invasion and shooting within the Home (And Away From Home) Defense Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by MrBuckwheat Story again made the morning news! What station was it on this a.m.?...

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: Wisconsin home invasion and shooting

Quote Originally Posted by MrBuckwheat View Post
    Story again made the morning news!
    What station was it on this a.m.?
    W9HDG likes this.

2. Remove Ads

Looking at the headlines on WISN it looks like Milwaukee is heading the way of Detroit for sure...oh and maybe the headline should be "Hundreds survive day in Milwaukee," you know to save headline space.
    MrBuckwheat likes this.

VIP Member
    I think it was on Fox 6. The story got my attention ( tv was on in background ) My wife likes to hear the weather forcast in the morning before work. The local news media here in the Milwaukee area is getting pretty "one sided". I still feel bad for all involved. ( Hope the homeowner can get on with life)

Quote Originally Posted by babydollmel View Post
    yes i am from indiana why does that matter?

what post reads like the news papers? No i dont have first hand knowledge but i knew who he was.
    OK, so you're from Indiana, you say you knew who he was.

Let me make a deduction here (as a born and raised SOUTHERN Hoosier) you're from "Da Region" might just as well say south-side Chitcago. explains the attitude.

The Victims record clearly documented that each time when he was confronted by the cops he became belligerent, uncooperative and violent. How can anyone say if the homeowner didn't shoot and told him to get out that the guy would have listened? He was hiding from the cops. Chances are he was drunk, maybe high and in a agitated state. Homeowner might have had gun taken away and used against him! Young man is dead. A pattern of escalation is evident through his arrest records. The young man didn't really want to change his ways. Mother can cry the blues, but she has some blame in this for not being firm when it mattered most! The homeowner will likely be cleared.
    accessbob likes this.

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by WD54241 View Post
    The homeowner will likely be cleared.
    If justice is truly served, he will. If not, it will be a travesty.
    EDC - Ruger P90, SCCY CPX2, OR Ruger SR1911 CMD AND
    Ruger LCP in Desantis Pocket Holster (backup)
    Member - SAF, OFF,
    NRA Life Member

VIP Member
    Other than a small story on the morning news, Nothing new? does a da come out and say no charges or do these things just go away? Why did the new media bring it up again this morning?

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBuckwheat View Post
    Why did the new media bring it up again this morning?
    The media loves to report on conflict/controversy. If there is none, it appears at times that they will do their best to stir up controversy just for the sake of having something to report on.
    Member - SAF, OFF,
    NRA Life Member

If I was the homeowner I know I would be getting frustrated with this whole situation...Stay strong man! Justice will prevail.

Sympathy to both families

I am so sorry for both families involved. Accidents happen, and this truly was an accident. I actually don't know both families directly, but I do know them both indirectly. I actually feel sadened for both families involved. The gentleman that shot Bo is a good man, a very good family man, he was protecting his family, and living with what has happened is enough, why put him in jail? Why harass him...it's not like he was out to get BO...IT WAS AN ACCIDENT. ACCIDENTS HAPPEN....Again it is so sad for the loss of Bo, no parent should ever lose a child, let alone losing a 2nd child in such a short time. It is a scary world we live in...and just like any other accident, this man should be forgiven. It is sick to hear that this man is getting phone calls and is scared for his and his families lives. There is nothing that can be done to bring BO back, but there is something that can be done for this man that already has to live with the fact he shot out of fear. I am a mom, and although I don't have a gun to shoot...I have a baseball bat...and you better believe...if someone came in my home....I would beat them bloody with my bat...to protect my kids...as I think many others would if they were in the homeowners shoes. Again this homeowners are loving family people who deserve to be forgiven.

Again lots of sympathy to both families
    -From one Mother to another

Why do you keep saying accident? I'm not seeing any accidents here.
    accessbob and cbp210 like this.
    Glock 23 - CZ 452 ZKM Special
    Walther P22 - LMT STD 16
    Mossberg 500A - Kahr P380
    Henry H001Y - Winchester 12
    Smith & Wesson M&P Shield
    Mossberg 500B - Marlin 336Y

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cokeman View Post
    Why do you keep saying accident? I'm not seeing any accidents here.
    Me neither.
    Member - SAF, OFF,
    NRA Life Member

I do however see a legal system that is dragging its feet in determining this man's fate.

No accident here... A young criminal broke into a home at 2 am running from the police.. Homeowner not knowing what was going on proceeded to defend his family from a home invasion in the middle of the night.
    W9HDG likes this.
    "The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

-James Earl Jones

Quote Originally Posted by W9HDG View Post
    I do however see a legal system that is dragging its feet in determining this man's fate.
    I absolutely agree with you about this! The amount of time this has been taking is beyond ridiculous!

However, I would venture to guess that referring to this incident as an "accident" means is we believe Bo's friends, he was "only" hiding from the cops (even though that in and of itself is a crime), and didn't intend to maliciously assault or hurt the homeowner or steal anything. I'd be willing to be the homeowner never WANTED to shoot someone to defend his home and family (although good for him - if you have a gun, and you shoot, you better be willing to shoot to kill).

No matter what this is a tragedy, because someone is dead, and the homeowner is so scared for himself and his family. But for the DA to continue to draaaaag this out is only doing MORE damage.

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast

Links