Wisconsin home invasion and shooting

This is a discussion on Wisconsin home invasion and shooting within the Home (And Away From Home) Defense Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by sarakate77 However, I would venture to guess that referring to this incident as an "accident" means is we believe Bo's friends, he ...

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: Wisconsin home invasion and shooting

Quote Originally Posted by sarakate77 View Post
    However, I would venture to guess that referring to this incident as an "accident" means is we believe Bo's friends, he was "only" hiding from the cops (even though that in and of itself is a crime), and didn't intend to maliciously assault or hurt the homeowner or steal anything. I'd be willing to be the homeowner never WANTED to shoot someone to defend his home and family (although good for him - if you have a gun, and you shoot, you better be willing to shoot to kill).

No matter what this is a tragedy, because someone is dead, and the homeowner is so scared for himself and his family. But for the DA to continue to draaaaag this out is only doing MORE damage.
    I agree with calling this an accident to be wrong as well.
    Last edited by W9HDG; March 20th, 2012 at 11:10 AM.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by Mommy View Post
    I am so sorry for both families involved. Accidents happen, and this truly was an accident. I actually don't know both families directly, but I do know them both indirectly. I actually feel sadened for both families involved. The gentleman that shot Bo is a good man, a very good family man, he was protecting his family, and living with what has happened is enough, why put him in jail? Why harass him...it's not like he was out to get BO...IT WAS AN ACCIDENT. ACCIDENTS HAPPEN....Again it is so sad for the loss of Bo, no parent should ever lose a child, let alone losing a 2nd child in such a short time. It is a scary world we live in...and just like any other accident, this man should be forgiven. It is sick to hear that this man is getting phone calls and is scared for his and his families lives. There is nothing that can be done to bring BO back, but there is something that can be done for this man that already has to live with the fact he shot out of fear. I am a mom, and although I don't have a gun to shoot...I have a baseball bat...and you better believe...if someone came in my home....I would beat them bloody with my bat...to protect my kids...as I think many others would if they were in the homeowners shoes. Again this homeowners are loving family people who deserve to be forgiven.

Again lots of sympathy to both families
    -From one Mother to another
    I understand that you want to help your friend but you also got to remember that this incident is not an accident. It may be tragic but it is not an accident. The homeowner did what he needed to do for the protection of his family. Bo on the other hand was a troubled criminal with no direction and thus his poor decision created his fate.
    accessbob likes this.

What is going on is that they are consulting with the legal staff in finding a loophole to charge this homeowner. They want to cover all avenues before making a decision.

VIP Member
    Was talked about on WISN radio on the Vicki McKenna show this am! I did not hear the entire segment. But several callers called in and seemed to be clueless as to home defense. So again the media paints this "Christ like" picture of the intruder and the "evil" homeowner with the gun. Vicki did a good job explaining it. Anybody that hear the segment will now have a better understanding.

My question is: If BO was such a nice guy and had such good friends and all good kids, why is the homeowner getting death threats? Why is the homeowner not able to go to work? If somebody is killed in a car accident the other parties don't usually make death threats. You either forgive them or don't. IT WAS NOT AN ACCIDENT! The underaged drunken 20 year broke into a home and got shot. Yes still very sad for all involved.

VIP Member
    Another headline from the Milwaukee Journal
    Slinger case echoes national furor over Trayvon Martin - JSOnline

We may have a decision by the end of the week from the DA.

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBuckwheat View Post
    Another headline from the Milwaukee Journal
    Slinger case echoes national furor over Trayvon Martin - JSOnline

We may have a decision by the end of the week from the DA.
    What a slanted story.

Quote Originally Posted by jsonline
    Morrison was a 20-year-old biracial male shot and killed at a Slinger home earlier this month after the owner mistook him for an intruder around 2 a.m.
    MISTOOK him for an intruder? MISTOOK HIM for an intruder? He WAS an intruder. Did he belong there? NO! Putting aside the entire property part, he entered a COVERED PORCH. There's no mistaking that he was an intruder. The only mistake was on the intruder's part of choosing to go where he was not legally entitled and it was a fatal mistake that the INTRUDER made, not the homeowner.
    Azchief likes this.
    EDC - Ruger P90, SCCY CPX2, OR Ruger SR1911 CMD AND
    Ruger LCP in Desantis Pocket Holster (backup)
    Member - SAF, OFF,
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by W9HDG View Post
    I do however see a legal system that is dragging its feet in determining this man's fate.
    No.... What I see is a gutless, jellyfish sitting in the prosecutor's office, too scared to make a decision that might cost him votes in the next election so he drags a good man through hell to cover his political @!
    accessbob, W9HDG and cbp210 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by accessbob View Post
    What a slanted story.

MISTOOK him for an intruder? MISTOOK HIM for an intruder? He WAS an intruder. Did he belong there? NO! Putting aside the entire property part, he entered a COVERED PORCH. There's no mistaking that he was an intruder. The only mistake was on the intruder's part of choosing to go where he was not legally entitled and it was a fatal mistake that the INTRUDER made, not the homeowner.
    I am starting to feel that the media needs to be regulated.

Read the comments for the article.
    Glock 23 - CZ 452 ZKM Special
    Walther P22 - LMT STD 16
    Mossberg 500A - Kahr P380
    Henry H001Y - Winchester 12
    Smith & Wesson M&P Shield
    Mossberg 500B - Marlin 336Y

Quote Originally Posted by Cokeman View Post
    Read the comments for the article.
    Yes I did.

Quote Originally Posted by cbp210 View Post
    I am starting to feel that the media needs to be regulated.
    Or punched.
    W9HDG and thephanatik like this.
    Glock 23 - CZ 452 ZKM Special
    Walther P22 - LMT STD 16
    Mossberg 500A - Kahr P380
    Henry H001Y - Winchester 12
    Smith & Wesson M&P Shield
    Mossberg 500B - Marlin 336Y

The DA has chosen not to press charges!

Washington Co. DA Won't File Charges In Slinger Shooting - Milwaukee News Story - WISN Milwaukee
    http://www.wisn.com/download/2012/0321/30733454.pdf

Glad to hear things worked out for the homeowner, the second link is the actual report from the DA if you want to read it.

I am glad the homeowner is in the clear.. My sympathies go to both families and the community of Slinger, this was a tough ordeal
    "The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

-James Earl Jones

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by W9HDG View Post
    The DA has chosen not to press charges!

Washington Co. DA Won't File Charges In Slinger Shooting - Milwaukee News Story - WISN Milwaukee
    http://www.wisn.com/download/2012/0321/30733454.pdf

Glad to hear things worked out for the homeowner, the second link is the actual report from the DA if you want to read it.
    Thanks for the links. The actual decision was a very interesting read. And glad for the homeowner and the decision points out most of what we've all said as well.
    W9HDG likes this.
    EDC - Ruger P90, SCCY CPX2, OR Ruger SR1911 CMD AND
    Ruger LCP in Desantis Pocket Holster (backup)
    Member - SAF, OFF,
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by accessbob View Post
    Thanks for the links. The actual decision was a very interesting read. And glad for the homeowner and the decision points out most of what we've all said as well.
    I agree the decision makes for a very interesting read...

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast

Links