Wisconsin home invasion and shooting

This is a discussion on Wisconsin home invasion and shooting within the Home (And Away From Home) Defense Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Wish we could see something like this in the Sanford incident. The documented findings. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk...

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 28910111213 LastLast
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: Wisconsin home invasion and shooting

Wish we could see something like this in the Sanford incident. The documented findings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yoda, I am, yes.

2. Remove Ads

Which one is that? The one in Florida?
    Glock 23 - CZ 452 ZKM Special
    Walther P22 - LMT STD 16
    Mossberg 500A - Kahr P380
    Henry H001Y - Winchester 12
    Smith & Wesson M&P Shield
    Mossberg 500B - Marlin 336Y

I can't wait to hear what the media and friends of the intruder have to say.
    Glock 23 - CZ 452 ZKM Special
    Walther P22 - LMT STD 16
    Mossberg 500A - Kahr P380
    Henry H001Y - Winchester 12
    Smith & Wesson M&P Shield
    Mossberg 500B - Marlin 336Y

VIP Member
    Glad there was the right decision! .190 blood alcohol level on the intruder 0 on the homeowner. Also appears there was a dresser in the porch area and the intruder was going thru it and making noise. Home owner used a 45 cal. to shoot him and bullet went right thru into the wall behind. Was shot in front.

Our laws stood up under pressure from the family and friends of the dead guy.

If you got some time read the police report, interesting information.
    W9HDG likes this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cokeman View Post
    I can't wait to hear what the media and friends of the intruder have to say.
    They are dissappointed and feel a wrong decision has been made.

I am glad that the homeowner is cleared in this matter but also feel that now he must be on the lookout for retaliation.

Distinguished Member Array Burns's Avatar
    I didn't read anyone's opinions until after I post this so it is completely unbiased. But this is my take on it.

The home owner I'm sure was scared to notice people were in his house and I'm sure it was at night and he had no idea if the people he thought were "breaking in" were armed or not and didn't want to take any chances. I believe his actions were legal.

The one who was hiding should not have hid in or on somebody elses property, should not have been illegally drinking, and the person who supplied the alcohol should be in jail. I don't believe either person is at fault, but things like this do happen, it's a dangerous and unpredictable world we live in. It really is sad to see this kind of thing happen and my prayers go out to his family.

I read the report. It was very thorough. I understand the mother of the deceased is still demanding justice. I doubt she will ever find closure after all she lost her son. The case is closed. Perhaps had the mother asserted herself more when he began his drinking and enforced discipline this may never have happened. The owners of the house where the drinking took place are liable for other charges, I wonder if any summons have been issued. The police report stated in addition to beer cans they smelled weed. I can't find anything suggesting they were.

Quote Originally Posted by WD54241 View Post
    I read the report. It was very thorough. I understand the mother of the deceased is still demanding justice. I doubt she will ever find closure after all she lost her son. The case is closed. Perhaps had the mother asserted herself more when he began his drinking and enforced discipline this may never have happened. The owners of the house where the drinking took place are liable for other charges, I wonder if any summons have been issued. The police report stated in addition to beer cans they smelled weed. I can't find anything suggesting they were.
    I don't think the mother should be blamed at all for this. No matter how good of a parent you are your children will still end up drinking/smoking most of the time or at least trying it. I do agree that the one who supplied the alcohol should be liable for this however.

The "kid" was 20 years old. He was not a minor. How the mom brought him is another matter. But at his age he was making his own decisions without the need for consent from mommy.

Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    The "kid" was 20 years old. He was not a minor. How the mom brought him is another matter. But at his age he was making his own decisions without the need for consent from mommy.
    I thought I hit post but it didn't show up :/ but

A persons mind is not fully developed until the age of 23. People do make mistakes especially around 19-20. He obviously paid the price for it, but it's still very unfortunate.

Quote Originally Posted by babydollmel View Post
    He was a good kid... how can you say stuff like this about somone you dont even know . Just because you looked up his records that gives you a right to bash a kid thats not even here to defend himself . Im sure you have or at least know someone who drank underage before so lets not act all inocent here im sure he wasnt the only one who ran from the cops that night he just happend to run in someones porch and some stupid person that shouldnt own a gun shoot and killed a great kid for no reason.. And for you people cutting down his mom.. come on if this was your kid that got shot you would want that same thing to happen to the person that shot them. so stop giving her grief about her son she just lost.
    I agree with you that people should not say that Bo was a bad person or talk ill of him based on what happened that night or from his police record, BUT Bo did make a mistake that night and did pay dearly. That home owner HAS TO do what he did to defend himself and his family BASED ON WHAT WAS HAPPENING THEN... based on the situation that BO placed HIMSELF in. Lets say it was not Bo or some other kid hiding from an underage ticket, lets say it was someone that truly was there to cause that family harm. If that home owner had thought "No, this can't be happening, it must be a drunken kid hiding from the police, no I am not going to defend myself" well then the home owners family would be dealing with a loss. I am sorry, I am sure that Bo was a great kid, and maybe he did have a drinking problem, but that does not change things, HE placed himself into a very dangerous situation by entering another persons home and hiding in the middle of the night. I am sorry that Bo had to die for the mistake he made, I truly am, but Bo was told not to move and yet he lunged forward, yes, must likely to run out the door or who knows.... Either way, the smart thing was to just STOP like the home owner told him to when he was found hiding in the home. That home owner did exactly what he had to do as a father, as a husband and what he has to do to protect himself in the middle of the night. I pray that Bo is in peace now and I truly hope that his mother can one day find peace. But to blame that home owner is not the answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Burns View Post
    I don't think the mother should be blamed at all for this. No matter how good of a parent you are your children will still end up drinking/smoking most of the time or at least trying it. I do agree that the one who supplied the alcohol should be liable for this however.
    I'm just saying if it were my son, and the age in which this all started I would have intervened. Once he turned 18 as long as he stayed under my roof it would be my rules. I would have moved mountains to help him. If he continued that path than so be it, he would be out the door. I have heard none of that from the mother. All I've heard is he was murdered and the homeowner should be charged.

Quote Originally Posted by WD54241 View Post
    I'm just saying if it were my son, and the age in which this all started I would have intervened. Once he turned 18 as long as he stayed under my roof it would be my rules. I would have moved mountains to help him. If he continued that path than so be it, he would be out the door. I have heard none of that from the mother. All I've heard is he was murdered and the homeowner should be charged.
    Yeah I know but as much as it sucks you can't always control situations like that. I understand what you're saying tho.
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable- JFK

Quote Originally Posted by babydollmel View Post
    maybe they should of had the door locked its not like he broke in and like somone else said he asked him to leave a few times so he knew there was no threat. im not trying to argue really just want people that didnt know this boy or family to stop saying horrible things about them.
    Babydollmel, I know that if you really do know Bo, I know the pain you are feeling and I am sorry for that. I agree that some of the comments in here are uncalled for and just cruel. Yes you are right, the people posting these comments did not know Bo and their attacks on him are uncalled for, but their stand on the situation is just, in that Bo was not where he should have been at that time of the night and under those circumstances. I have not mentioned this as of yet, but I did know Bo, I know his family, him mother is one of the strongest people I know for the situations she has been in during her life. And yes, Bo has a good family and he was a good kid, I agree with you on that. But Bo mad a terrible mistake that night. I know when I heard the name on the news, it was breaking news and not many details were known but I knew right away that Bo would never break into a home to cause harm or take anything from anyone. I knew right then that he must have been in the wrong home or something like that. I was shocked and deeply saddened. Bo was a great kid, so was Nick and the girls, they are truly an awesome family to know. But with the facts that the home owner was given that night, I see no other way it could have ended due to Bo's actions and the situation Bo put both of them in. I loved talking with Bo and he was alway a very respectful kid. I wish we could turn back time and that night could have been avoided, but we can't. So Bo and his family will remain in my prayers and I will be one person in this forum that agrees that the home owner had no choice, but yet will state that BO was a great kid and an awesome person to get to know.
    accessbob and Chaplain Scott like this.

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 28910111213 LastLast

Links