Wisconsin home invasion and shooting - Page 13

Wisconsin home invasion and shooting

This is a discussion on Wisconsin home invasion and shooting within the Home (And Away From Home) Defense Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by RetiredPOPO Babydollmel, I know that if you really do know Bo, I know the pain you are feeling and I am sorry ...

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: Wisconsin home invasion and shooting

Distinguished Member Array Burns's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RetiredPOPO View Post
    Babydollmel, I know that if you really do know Bo, I know the pain you are feeling and I am sorry for that. I agree that some of the comments in here are uncalled for and just cruel. Yes you are right, the people posting these comments did not know Bo and their attacks on him are uncalled for, but their stand on the situation is just, in that Bo was not where he should have been at that time of the night and under those circumstances. I have not mentioned this as of yet, but I did know Bo, I know his family, him mother is one of the strongest people I know for the situations she has been in during her life. And yes, Bo has a good family and he was a good kid, I agree with you on that. But Bo mad a terrible mistake that night. I know when I heard the name on the news, it was breaking news and not many details were known but I knew right away that Bo would never break into a home to cause harm or take anything from anyone. I knew right then that he must have been in the wrong home or something like that. I was shocked and deeply saddened. Bo was a great kid, so was Nick and the girls, they are truly an awesome family to know. But with the facts that the home owner was given that night, I see no other way it could have ended due to Bo's actions and the situation Bo put both of them in. I loved talking with Bo and he was alway a very respectful kid. I wish we could turn back time and that night could have been avoided, but we can't. So Bo and his family will remain in my prayers and I will be one person in this forum that agrees that the home owner had no choice, but yet will state that BO was a great kid and an awesome person to get to know.
    well said.
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable- JFK

VIP Member
    More talk about it on WISN with Mark Belling. The Callers seem to get in now! It is good that we heard the other side of the story. Mark was saying on his program that if the drinking age wasn't 21 and the victim was 20 would not have happened. ( he thinks the 21 age for drinking is a bad law) I think Mr Belling was missing the point. They were also talking about the castle doctrine. According to the report from the DA even if no castle doctrine the homeowner would be cleared. But the castle doctrine did kick in. Sounds like the Mother is not going to let this go, I am thinking she will make a political stand and try and get a petition to remove the castle doctrine. She does not understand the laws and is just full of emotions due to her loss. No matter what won't bring him back.

"One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

Quote Originally Posted by WD54241 View Post
    I'm just saying if it were my son, and the age in which this all started I would have intervened. Once he turned 18 as long as he stayed under my roof it would be my rules. I would have moved mountains to help him. If he continued that path than so be it, he would be out the door. I have heard none of that from the mother. All I've heard is he was murdered and the homeowner should be charged.
    I totally agree with you. I would have done everything in my power to help this person if he was my family or friend. I read the report and it seems that Bo was hanging out with losers who have no regards to law or civility based on what I am reading. I am sorry that I am offending some people but this is based on what I am reading and my analysis from a former victim point of view. We have the party patrons blocking access to the police and then burning marijuana to hide the evidence plus underage drinking. What convinced me that this group was up to no good is when an early confrontation occurred between the homeowner and the party patrons. I really do feel bad for Bo and the tragic event that hit him and his family but I also have a duty to stand up for the homeowner who only wanted to protect his family and the young girls that was sleeping over. This is my last post on this subject and let Bo rest in peace and may the Lord guide him in a new life.
    RetiredPOPO likes this.

They have been working on a repeal of the Castle Doc from the day it was passed. They will not rest until CC and Castle are repealed.
    This is Wisconsin those that break the have rights you do not. Young is still pushing to repeal them. However I have not seen Young pushing to give up his special police protection.
    Bo was not a nice person he was a punk you are not going to change that by ignoring the life style he lead.
    His death falls on him, those that threw the party and his mother.
    MrBuckwheat likes this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Smitty901 View Post
    They have been working on a repeal of the Castle Doc from the day it was passed. They will not rest until CC and Castle are repealed.
    This is Wisconsin those that break the have rights you do not. Young is still pushing to repeal them. However I have not seen Young pushing to give up his special police protection.
    Bo was not a nice person he was a punk you are not going to change that by ignoring the life style he lead.
    His death falls on him, those that threw the party and his mother.

Agree!

They also changed the voter id requirement, and the voting districts back to in their favor.

What's peoples problem with the Castle Doc? Do they think it gives people the right to shoot anyone they want or something?
    Glock 23 - CZ 452 ZKM Special - Walther P22
    LMT STD 16 - Mossberg 500A - Kahr P380
    Henry H001Y - Winchester 12
    Smith & Wesson M&P Shield - Mossberg 500B
    Marlin 336Y - Kahr MK9

Distinguished Member Array Burns's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cokeman View Post
    What's peoples problem with the Castle Doc? Do they think it gives people the right to shoot anyone they want or something?
    Apparently they just don't want us to be safe on/in our own property
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable- JFK

Unfortunately repealing the Castle Doctrine law solves nothing. Given the circumstances of this case the homeowner would not have been charged if this happened one year ago or 10 years ago or in 1850. The following is excerpts from the Washington county District Attorney's report on the shooting (page 15):
    http://www.wisn.com/download/2012/0321/30733454.pdf

"The ultimate question in this case is whether or not the homeowner acted lawfully in self defense
    when he shot Mr. Morrison on March 3,2012. The law of self defense has existed in Wisconsin
    since Wisconsin became a State.
    Prior to the adoption of the Castle Doctrine, an individual
    always had the right to use lethal force against another if the individual reasonably believed that
    the force was necessary to prevent imminent death or great bodily harm to himself or a third
    person. In fact, prior to the adoption of the Castle Doctrine, there have been numerous cases in Wisconsin where an individual shot and killed a home intruder, and the individual was NOT charged with any crime because the individual was determined to have acted in lawful self defense.
    The adoption of the Castle Doctrine did not change the general law of self defense in Wisconsin.

First, the Washington County District Attorney's Office concludes that under the law of self
    defense which exists in Wisconsin (independent of the Castle Doctrine) that there is a basis to
    conclude that the homeowner reasonably believed that the force he utilized against Mr. Morrison
    was necessary to prevent imminent death or great bodily harm to himself; and he therefore acted
    lawfully in self defense when he shot Mr. Morrison."

Tragic as this was and regardless of the Castle Doctrine law the outcome would still be the same. Bo Morrison is dead due to the unfortunate decision he made that night and the homeowner would not be charged.
    accessbob likes this.
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cokeman View Post
    Amazingly enough, I've seen enough posts by the ignorant to see that the answer to your question is YES. They do think it does just that. Don't know where they get that from but it certainly doesn't come from a study of the law and logic.
    EDC - Glock 21C, M&P Shield .40 OR Ruger SR1911 CMD AND
    Ruger LCP in Desantis Pocket Holster (backup)
    Member - SAF, OFF,
    NRA Life Member

"Why not shoot my son in the leg and call 911?" Morrison says.

Mrs Morrison, how about teaching your sun that under age drinking and hoding from the cops on some one elses property is a good way to get shot.
    there for it should be avoided.
    "I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution, which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents." -1792, James Madison
    There are always too many Democratic, Republican and never enough U.S. congressmen.

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tbrenke View Post
    "Why not shoot my son in the leg and call 911?" Morrison says.
    According to the D.A.'s report, Morrison stood up and held out a hand while in the dark. He could have been holding a weapon. Trying to shoot to wound can get you killed. People just don't get it and they think that real life can mirror the movies.
    EDC - Glock 21C, M&P Shield .40 OR Ruger SR1911 CMD AND
    Ruger LCP in Desantis Pocket Holster (backup)
    Member - SAF, OFF,
    NRA Life Member

I love the "Shoot him in the leg and call 911" comment yup because shooting to disable works![/QUOTE]

It does work you just need to shoot them with a 50 cal or a 12 guage slug
    dog man I just shot to wound what do you mean he blead out??
    Better 12 judging than 6 carrying

Quote Originally Posted by accessbob View Post
    Amazingly enough, I've seen enough posts by the ignorant to see that the answer to your question is YES. They do think it does just that. Don't know where they get that from but it certainly doesn't come from a study of the law and logic.
    Read the cases from flori-da and you will wonder. The judges have been throwing cases out under stand your ground that are clear cut FIRST you chase someone down the street and stab them to death ;you had time to think about it. I think it was safer in ANY of the war zones I lived in.
    Better 12 judging than 6 carrying

This case is In Wisconsin not FLA or any war zone. It was not about chasing someone down or even on the street it was in this mans home.
    Before the Castle Doc, in Wisconsin the home owner could have and may well have been charged no madder what, that is the way it was here.
    IF Bo had not entered this mans home at 2am he would have not been shot. It falls on him . It the others had not thrown a underage drinking party this would not have happened it falls on them.
    If Bo had been dealt with of the other crimes he committed this may not have happened place the fault on liberal courts.
    There are those like Young in Wisconsin the think we need to be good victims.
    You must allow anyone to steal ,break in after all they have needs and should not be shot for that
    If they rape someone that is for the court to deal with not you they have rights
    His way of seeing it is allow them to have what ever they want, help load the stuff up. If they chose to kill someone in your home they law will take care of it.
    But in his view that would never happen if you just allow them to take what they want. You never have the right to defend your self or anyone else.
    Miami is they way it is because of 50 + years of liberal law enforcement Miami is a war zone . There was a time 95% of Miami was a safe place you had no need for neighborhood watch groups, no real need to carry a weapon for SD. They made it this way.
    Do not confused the issue BO was already running for the LEO, he entered anothers Home at 2AM, he fully knew what he was doing and had run from the law before.
    Easy for others to try and judge the home owner it was not your house, it was not you at 2 am.
    The scary part is those that think it was no big deal Bo was just running from the cops he needed a place to hide. That is what should bother you.

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213

Sponsored Links