Wisconsin home invasion and shooting

This is a discussion on Wisconsin home invasion and shooting within the Home (And Away From Home) Defense Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by DocPMD If you are referring to my post, let me make a couple of things very clear, First, in no way am ...

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: Wisconsin home invasion and shooting

Quote Originally Posted by DocPMD View Post
    If you are referring to my post, let me make a couple of things very clear,

First, in no way am I justifiying what the kid did. He paid the price.

Second, whether you agree with what I was saying or not, in Colorado there are three things that have to happen, and you better be sure that you can prove all three. It's not as simple as someone broke into my house. The attorney who spoke at my CCW class made that very clear. The laws may be different in other states, I acknowledge that. But I was just making a point from my own perspective.

And FWIW, I didn't "make things up", I just said the details would be very important.

Doc
    Thanks Doc... This was not directed to you... On Jerp's post he said "they are now saying" or something like that... I was referring to those.
    "The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

-James Earl Jones

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty901 View Post
    The libs have planned a march on the DA's office for today demanding the arrest the home owner and charge him regardless of the law.
    Here is the deal the DA is being pressured to file charges and because of politics about to give in.
    The people that had the party are the ones with blood on thier hands not the home owner. It could be you next.
    Contact the DA's office today tell him how you feel.
    Washington County Justice Center
    432 East Washington Street Room 2115
    West Bend, WI 53095
    262-335-4311
    Email
    What are your sources?? Sounds like you'd have to have a crystal ball to know that he is "about to give in"

Quote Originally Posted by markush View Post
    Good thing were not talking about Colorado huh?
    Not sure why you felt the need to be a jerk. The point of my comments, and perhaps I should have just said it, is that you better understand the Castle Doctrine law in your state. It may not be as simple as "he broke into my house". Sorry you missed that point.

Doc

Unless there is something more to this story that is not being reported, the DA is obligated to clear this case. Even in W.I. the rule of law stands! The DA is obligated to enforce the law as they are written! "EXAMPLE" If the shooter was a convicted felon, Yes he could be charged with being in possession of a firearm, but the Castle Doctrine shooting would still be justified. I'm all the more shocked that I have not read the names of people who hosted and supplied the alcohol. Are there any pending charges?? But to say they are going to march on the DA's office and demand charges be brought, I hope the DA charges them for organizing a march without the proper permits. The guy shot was (ANYTHING) but a model citizen with an established history of belligerence when under the influence of what ever he was using. The family may very well be playing the race card. White man shoots black drunk man.

Quote Originally Posted by ArkhmAsylm View Post
    -

Because he was trespassing & acting like an anima.

Because his whole body was committing this ridiculous act.

Stupid is as stupid does, lady.
    No THAT'S a good comment!

As for the rap sheet that is no longer available on the web, we all got to understand that he was a good boy and just turning his life around.

TCT
    This story teaches/confirms a few things for me.

It is best for me to have many lines of defense / deterrents in place within my home before a situation reaches the point where I shoot. While I feel anyone who breaks into my home is a threat to my family / myself and I will respond accordingly, I would not want to know I just took a life of a young man who mostly likely was just being stupid and I could have scared him away before he met the business end of my firearm.

It's not required by law here in Ohio but it sure makes a lot of sense for me to think this way. While the castle doctrine is great to have in place, I want to AVOID situations like this at all costs...if possible.
    DocPMD and thephanatik like this.

Just did a back ground on the mother of the kid, Well just say it's colorful to say the least! Seems the apple didn't fall far from this tree...

Quote Originally Posted by WD54241 View Post
    Just did a back ground on the mother of the kid, Well just say it's colorful to say the least! Seems the apple didn't fall far from this tree...
    I think we need to know.

The libs have planned a march on the DA's office for today demanding the arrest the home owner and charge him regardless of the law.
    Is there a link to this coverage?

Give the homeowner credit, he turned this BG life around, and he is no longer a problem for the system !!
    " The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." Thomas Jefferson

VIP Member
    1). The media wants the negative spin on the castle doc. Media playing politics.
    2). The home owner is now in a "ugly spotlight" that may have legal ramifications and or prison time.
    3). Some 20 year old alcoholic with a record "running from the cops" got killed while breaking into a home at 2 AM. ( yes the porch is the home)

I do not want to comment on the shoot because we don't know the entire story. I believe the home owner is being silent because his lawyers told him to be and once the truth is out he should be cleared.

I agree that the media should bring up the 20 year olds record.

WWW.Wisconsin Circuit Court Access. Agree to the terms and look her up. Illegal for me to post this information.

Quote Originally Posted by MrBuckwheat View Post
    1). The media wants the negative spin on the castle doc. Media playing politics.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBuckwheat View Post
    2). The home owner is now in a "ugly spotlight" that may have legal ramifications and or prison time.
    3). Some 20 year old alcoholic with a record "running from the cops" got killed while breaking into a home at 2 AM. ( yes the porch is the home)

I do not want to comment on the shoot because we don't know the entire story. I believe the home owner is being silent because his lawyers told him to be and once the truth is out he should be cleared.

I agree that the media should bring up the 20 year olds record.

No. It doesn't serve the media's liberal agenda.
    Glock 23 - CZ 452 ZKM Special
    Walther P22 - LMT STD 16
    Mossberg 500A - Kahr P380
    Henry H001Y - Winchester 12
    Smith & Wesson M&P Shield
    Mossberg 500B - Marlin 336Y

VIP Member
    Cokeman

sure does, we got a recall effort going on. they want to get more people against our new gov. If they get a recall, there will be millions of dollars spent on the election and thats what they want .... follow the money.......
    How can you say it doesn't serve the media's liberal agenda???? you are on the outside looking in.

I personally wouldn't have shot him on an enclosed porch If there was a locked door/barrier between him and me/family.I would have called 911,sounds like the kid was an Alcoholic,but his Wrong Step on someone else's property was his final step.
    The adult that hosted the party should be charged with providing alcohol to minors,and possibly Involuntary Manslaughter,I bet a conviction would wake some other idiots up that think providing an intoxicant beverage to minors is just being a "cool" parent
    oneshot likes this.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Links