Wisconsin home invasion and shooting - Page 5

Wisconsin home invasion and shooting

This is a discussion on Wisconsin home invasion and shooting within the Home (And Away From Home) Defense Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Shouldn't even make it to court. The dead guy entered someones property, hiding from the cops. Probably drunk and loud. If it were me I'd ...

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: Wisconsin home invasion and shooting

Shouldn't even make it to court. The dead guy entered someones property, hiding from the cops. Probably drunk and loud. If it were me I'd think someone was invading my home, would I shoot first or light him up with my flashlight? I don't know. Clearly the homeowner thought his life and his family's was in immanent danger. Years ago when we hid we always used shrubs, wood piles etc. We never would of thought of entering someones home at 2am! we knew that's a good way to get shot! We were 16 / 17 drinking age was 18.

VIP Member
    I did not see any new news on it other than 60 people came to "protest" the DA and demand a charge against the home owner.

The laws should be on the side of the homeowner. Also no need to repeal the law. It protects the homeowner and that what we want. We want people to be homeowners not criminals.

At least us tax payers will not be on the hook for the 4 open charges on this guy!

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBuckwheat View Post
    At least us tax payers will not be on the hook for the 4 open charges on this guy!
    Nor the associated costs of jail time.

Quote Originally Posted by pstrombeck View Post
    Statements released today indicate the deceased (Morrison) knew the neighbor (the shooter) had called the authorities. It appears far more likely he broke into the neighbors enclosed porch to confront or possibly assault the caller. I feel sorry for the parents - it appears this kid was a drunken drug user with 15+ arrests with a pattern of escalating violence the outcome is not a suprise.
    If that's true, the kid probably wasn't hiding from the cops at all. He probably was coming to start a fight. If so, why would you do that if you knew the police were coming? He probably saw himself as a badass. Dealing with the cops was probably part of his life now and he had no fear/respect for law enforcement anymore. This would have happened to him sooner or later if not now.
    Glock 23 - CZ 452 ZKM Special
    Walther P22 - LMT STD 16
    Mossberg 500A - Kahr P380
    Henry H001Y - Winchester 12
    Smith & Wesson M&P Shield
    Mossberg 500B - Marlin 336Y

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cokeman View Post
    If that's true, the kid probably wasn't hiding from the cops at all. He probably was coming to start a fight. If so, why would you do that if you knew the police were coming? He probably saw himself as a badass. Dealing with the cops was probably part of his life now and he had no fear/respect for law enforcement anymore. This would have happened to him sooner or later if not now.
    Yes but it would have been better if he had died on the streets at the hands of another BG! Once the homeowner is cleared we may know the rest of the stor.

Quote Originally Posted by Icarrytoo View Post
    While it was unfortunate loss of life, it was not the homeowners fault. How were they to know what the intent was of the young man? Even before the Castle Doctrine, many cases of home owners shooting people breaking in or just being in their home where they are not supposed to be have gone with no prosecution and rightly so! If you have to stop and ask what they are doing there or try to assess their intent, you will be dead. Reviewing the young man's record shows he has been in trouble with the law multiple times with drugs, disorderly conduct, and under age drinking. Ask yourself, are you going to shoot first or be hurt or even shot by an intruder because you tried to figure out their intent and if the person in your house or property is there simply hiding from the police or there to do harm to you and your family?
    your first post, welcom to the forum

Only in the gravest extreme is when you pull the trigger because there will be a lot of hassle dealing with the media, the law/grand jury and the family of the deceased. If I put myself in the homeowners shoes and someone broke into my screened porch at 2am I would be there with a weapon of some type also. If the young man failed to obey commands or made sudden furtive movements he is liable to get a blasting.

I am not saying he wasn't justified, just really placing myself in the homeowners shoes and imagining the ordeal he now has to endure.

Young and the rest of his party are moving to repeal the
    Castle Doctrine.
    MADISON – Representative Leon D. Young (D-Milwaukee) announced his intention to introduce legislation that would repeal Wisconsin Act 94, more commonly known as the Castle Doctrine. The law allows Wisconsinites to shoot intruders in their home......
    Just as they said they would when it was passed.

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty901 View Post
    Young and the rest of his party are moving to repeal the
    Castle Doctrine.
    MADISON – Representative Leon D. Young (D-Milwaukee) announced his intention to introduce legislation that would repeal Wisconsin Act 94, more commonly known as the Castle Doctrine. The law allows Wisconsinites to shoot intruders in their home......
    Just as they said they would when it was passed.

I am looking at the people who showed up at the protest and of course all stupid kids who does not have a clue. I will bet my hard earn money that some of them in the group have criminal history themselves.

Mother, Friends Demand Justice In Shooting Death Of Washington Co, Man - Video - WISN Milwaukee

Anyway, here's a poll about whether the homeowner should be charged:
    http://www.wisn.com/news/30613355/detail.html

I sure hope that DA doesn't cave to the pressure, if he follows the letter of the law the homeowner was justified. Like Sg. Joe Friday always said, "Just the facts Ma'am"

Quote Originally Posted by cbp210 View Post
    Anyway, here's a poll about whether the homeowner should be charged:
    Milwaukee News, Milwaukee, Wisconsin News and Local Headlines - WISN Milwaukee's Channel 12
    Seriously??? The media is resorting to a poll. How many of those poll responders have a clue about the Castle Doctrine and the facts of the case.

Quote Originally Posted by W9HDG View Post
    Seriously??? The media is resorting to a poll. How many of those poll responders have a clue about the Castle Doctrine and the facts of the case.
    Did you vote? Tell all your friends to vote.

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cbp210 View Post
    Did you vote? Tell all your friends to vote.
    I went on and voted NO. Amazingly enough the yes votes are ahead and reading the various stories, the people are idiots who are trying to stick up for the perp.
    EDC - M&P Shield .40, Ruger P90, OR Ruger SR1911 CMD AND
    Ruger LCP in Desantis Pocket Holster (backup)
    Member - SAF, OFF,
    NRA Life Member

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Links