Wisconsin home invasion and shooting - Page 9

Wisconsin home invasion and shooting

This is a discussion on Wisconsin home invasion and shooting within the Home (And Away From Home) Defense Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by babydollmel yea i would protect my family in other ways, i also dont own a gun and never would there for i ...

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: Wisconsin home invasion and shooting

Quote Originally Posted by babydollmel View Post
    yea i would protect my family in other ways, i also dont own a gun and never would there for i wouldnt be shooting anyone on by back porch... if he asked him to leave first a few time he knew he was not armed and the police were right across the street he could of called and let them know he had someone there.
    There's pyschopaths like this out there that would be happy if no one had guns (as you prefer). Really, how would the homeowner in the middle of the night know that it was not this kind of criminal coming after his wife or daughter? Also is being mentioned that the youth was inside the home.

Local News | Swayed by a psychologist, jury frees 'monster' who attacks again | Seattle Times Newspaper

Quote Originally Posted by jasgo View Post
    There's pyschopaths like this out there that would be happy if no one could have guns.

Local News | Swayed by a psychologist, jury frees 'monster' who attacks again | Seattle Times Newspaper
    In the article at age 20 he was described as a good prisoner.

The homeowners duty is to protect his family not to try to understand the criminal and evaluate his reasoning and circumstances that led him to commit a crime and break in to his home.
    cbp210 and accessbob like this.

first of all thats a totally different situation, they were all dressed in black and had ski mask they were there to do somthing else then to sit and wait for cops to leave.
    Oh so if someone enters your home a 2am and they are not wearing a mask and all the Bad guy garb that means they are cool just stopping in for coffee.
    Do you really hear what your saying?
    Call the police in Milwaukee for a home invasion it can take up to two days before they show up you may get a call the next day asking you to stop in the station and file a report if you like. The pizza man will get to your house faster than any LEO.
    Also after they rob you kill or injure someone they just let them out on the street anyway now days. Read the news so many of those that kill on the streets have done it before.
    Welcome to the new world.
    cbp210 and accessbob like this.

yea i would protect my family in other ways, i also dont own a gun and never would there for i wouldnt be shooting anyone on by back porch... if he asked him to leave first a few time he knew he was not armed and the police were right across the street he could of called and let them know he had someone there.

Other ways such as? (Using a stick or our "big kid words" didn't really apply at 2am.)

And if you see going to argue this stick to the facts. The thug was IN HIS HOME. (Not on an outdoor porch.)

Pretty sure you won't be getting any sympathy for Bo here...
    accessbob likes this.

first of all thats a totally different situation, they were all dressed in black and had ski mask they were there to do somthing else then to sit and wait for cops to leave.
    I would feel less alarmed if they had ski masks as they would be concerned about me IDing them. No mask means they don't plan on leaving a witness.

maybe they should of had the door locked.
    WOW! Do you also think rape victims "ask for it" by not wearing berkas?
    accessbob likes this.

I don't think he's coming back. Or is he a she? That may explain a lot.
    Glock 23 - CZ 452 ZKM Special - Walther P22
    LMT STD 16 - Mossberg 500A - Kahr P380
    Henry H001Y - Winchester 12
    Smith & Wesson M&P Shield - Mossberg 500B
    Marlin 336Y - Kahr MK9

Quote Originally Posted by Cokeman View Post
    I don't think he's coming back. Or is he a she? That may explain a lot.
    The problem is that the truth hurts.

Baby doll is anti gun by her own admission and has joined a gun and self defense forum to try and defend the actions of a criminal while bashing the actions of the homeowner defending their property.

I like this forum but this is really out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    accessbob likes this.
    Yoda, I am, yes.

Quote Originally Posted by RetiredPOPO View Post
    From the information I have been told and I believe it is pretty dependable, the police made contact with the home owner of where the party was being held. The party was actually inside of the garage. THAT home owner (possibly a parent to the host of the party) went back to the garage and kicked the door in on his own garage for the police. As the police entered the garage, the kids all ran out of another door and scattered throughout the neighborhood. BO ran and hide in the enclosed porch of the shooters residence. The Home owner was awaken and proceeded to investigate with the gun. The home owner discovered BO and told him not to move several times, BO then disregarded the warnings not to move and BO lunged towards the home owner giving him no other option but to defend himself.

If those really are the facts, I feel that the home owner did act reasonable by shooting the suspect. It will be interesting to see what actual facts come out of this case.
    This jives exactly with the information I have as well. I can only hope the DA does what's right and not only make the announcement that the homeowner WON'T be charged, but that he will do it soon. Two weeks is too long, and this is EXACTLY what the castle doctrine is supposed to prevent.
    accessbob likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by sarakate77 View Post
    This jives exactly with the information I have as well. I can only hope the DA does what's right and not only make the announcement that the homeowner WON'T be charged, but that he will do it soon. Two weeks is too long, and this is EXACTLY what the castle doctrine is supposed to prevent.
    Even without charges the homeowner will most likely never be able to safely return to his home or neighborhood. :-(

Quote Originally Posted by STLRampage View Post
    Even without charges the homeowner will most likely never be able to safely return to his home or neighborhood. :-(
    This is what makes this whole thing the sadest. I guess this is part of the thug mentality seeking to destroy those that stand in their way regardless of right or wrong. The media made the matter worse by calling this person a kid when in fact that he is a full grown adult.

VIP Member
    Story again made the morning news!
    The da needs to make a decision.

The family and friends of the intruder want charges issued to the home owner.

Maybe we will get the homeowners side today. I am sick and tried of hearing what an angle the intruder is?

His past indicates he was not!
    Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
    Wyatt Earp

Quote Originally Posted by STLRampage View Post
    This is SO true. If charges are pressed, it will be the DA caved to pressure from the family, rather than reading the law properly.

I also agree with others on here - the media is NOT helping. WISN out of Milwaukee is actually feeding the frenzy, rather than reporting. Their continued coverage of Bo's friends (who are no angels themselves, to be sure) and harassment of the homeowner is not helping. The homeowner is rightly not speaking to the media at this time - and he shouldn't be, since there's an "investigation" underway. Nonetheless, someone has given them the homeowners private cell phone information, and they keep calling.

My favorite part is that people have said in the comments on stories and in the stories themselves that "no one heard the shots", and in the same breath, say that "the police were still in the area and he should have yelled for help." Uh, hello? Pick one - if you didn't hear the shot, there's no way the police would have heard the yelling!

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast

Sponsored Links