SA

SA

This is a discussion on SA within the Home (And Away From Home) Defense Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; There's what happens according to the evening news and then what really happened if you listen to a scanner. The number of armed robberies. The ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By claude clay

Thread: SA

SA

There's what happens according to the evening news and then what really happened if you listen to a scanner.

The number of armed robberies.
    The number of assaults.
    The number of domestic violence calls that involve physical and/or verbal assault.
    The number of arrests from traffic stops for parole/probation violations and active warrants.
    And the general chaos of all the other types of calls.

What the scanner provided was the fact that all of the above was creeping closer to our neighborhood. All this to say that the decision to carry and especially HD is more prudent today than ever before. The real world lives just underneath the false normal of the evening news.

I suppose you could call this situational awareness.

YMMV
    "The only thing I'm an expert about is my experience."

So, the situation's getting worse, and the fire's getting closer... What are your options; other than carry more often, and further home fortification?
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Distinguished Member Array claude clay's Avatar
    its all about perception

here in Hartford the last 2 mayor's have both been former gang captains.
    one is in jail cause he never managed to put down other peoples stuff...
    and the current one is up to his lying lips in indictments

and they often take photos oh him standing over the bodies of 'his' people
    bleeding out on sidwalks from driveby hellows saying words like
    "these things don't happen in my city'

and thats what the news runs with.

--nice would be if we elected people who actually represented the honest folk
    and were not burdened with 'owing' the enternched political machine.
    gasmitty and TVille like this.
    Arthritis sucks big-big
    -------------------
    Why do those elected to positions of power than work so hard
    to deny those same opportunities to the same people who empowered them

The USA is slowing getting to be low life everywhere. All cities are about dumps now the closest one to my house is Charlotte, NC. Shootings everyday, muggings, rapes, robbings, home invasions, kidnappings, missing people. I carry all the time and at home to boot. I think the taxi cab drivers are putting up bulletproof shields in their rides also just like the banks and curb markets.
    The police are not there to protect you from crime, they are there to arrest the guy after the crime has been committed, assuming they find him. It is your responsibility to protect yourself and your family.

The low lifes want what we have. They will come to where we live to live to get it. Those quiet neighborhoods simply are false hopes. They use public transportation to invade, do the crimes, then boost a car to return home. The few times these hoods are detected, the LEOs break off the pursuit when speeds exceed 90 MPH. It is the luck of the draw when it becomes your turn to be a victim. It becomes our duty to be prepared to protect ourselves and families.
    Kimber PCII .45
    Springfield XD9mm SC
    Kel-Tech P-11 9mm
    AR-15

Links