Help! Attractions in St. Louis that Allow CCW?

This is a discussion on Help! Attractions in St. Louis that Allow CCW? within the Home (And Away From Home) Defense Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I've been trying unsuccessfully to tour some various museums in St. Louis this week & to no avail. Due to some recent break-ins in St. ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By 424D57
  • 1 Post By STLRampage

Thread: Help! Attractions in St. Louis that Allow CCW?

Question Help! Attractions in St. Louis that Allow CCW?

I've been trying unsuccessfully to tour some various museums in St. Louis this week & to no avail. Due to some recent break-ins in St. Louis & the fact that I have out-of-state license plates, I don't want to leave my gun in the car. Lots of things in St. Louis seem to have no guns signs, such as the History Museum, Science Museum, Budwiser Brewery, etc.

So far the Zoo is the only place that doesn't have "no guns" signs. Does anybody know if there are other places that allow CCW? Or at least don't prohibit it? I would really appreciate some help!

I would love to do some more sightseeing in St. Louis with my family this week.

Thanks!

2. Remove Ads

I'm MO signs don't carry the weight of the law. I carry at the Science Center & Magic House all the time. (Both great places to visit BTW.)

STLRampage, I thought if you got caught the first time it's $100 fine & possible criminal charges? That's what I understood from reading the laws... Is that wrong???

If you're busted they can ask you leave. If you do not comply you can be charged with trespass (same as without a firearm) and fined. 571.107 (2):
    2. Carrying of a concealed firearm in a location specified in subdivisions (1) to (17) of subsection 1 of this section by any individual who holds a concealed carry endorsement issued pursuant to sections 571.101 to 571.121 shall not be a criminal act but may subject the person to denial to the premises or removal from the premises. If such person refuses to leave the premises and a peace officer is summoned, such person may be issued a citation for an amount not to exceed one hundred dollars for the first offense. If a second citation for a similar violation occurs within a six-month period, such person shall be fined an amount not to exceed two hundred dollars and his or her endorsement to carry concealed firearms shall be suspended for a period of one year. If a third citation for a similar violation is issued within one year of the first citation, such person shall be fined an amount not to exceed five hundred dollars and shall have his or her concealed carry endorsement revoked and such person shall not be eligible for a concealed carry endorsement for a period of three years. Upon conviction of charges arising from a citation issued pursuant to this subsection, the court shall notify the sheriff of the county which issued the certificate of qualification for a concealed carry endorsement and the department of revenue. The sheriff shall suspend or revoke the certificate of qualification for a concealed carry endorsement and the department of revenue shall issue a notice of such suspension or revocation of the concealed carry endorsement and take action to remove the concealed carry endorsement from the individual's driving record. The director of revenue shall notify the licensee that he or she must apply for a new license pursuant to chapter 302 which does not contain such endorsement. A concealed carry endorsement suspension pursuant to sections 571.101 to 571.121 shall be reinstated at the time of the renewal of his or her driver's license. The notice issued by the department of revenue shall be mailed to the last known address shown on the individual's driving record. The notice is deemed received three days after mailing.

-424D57

-424D57
    CountryGal likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by CountryGal View Post
    STLRampage, I thought if you got caught the first time it's $100 fine & possible criminal charges? That's what I understood from reading the laws... Is that wrong???

What he said.

Not a crime, but on the off chance you are found out they could ask you to leave.
    CountryGal likes this.

Last time I was there I carried everywhere but the Arch, Federal, with metal detectors. There I carried one of my alternate "non weapon" weapons.
    Try not to screw up so bad they name the screw up after you. (Station 15 saying)

NRA Certifed Instructor

Distinguished Member
    For those times when you absolutely can't (or won't) carry, a NanoVault 200 provides inexpensive (~20 bucks) security and peace of mind. I keep one in each of our vehicles and it'll accommodate an XD40 service model *and* a P238!

St. Louis is one of the most deadly towns in USA.....
    The police are not there to protect you from crime, they are there to arrest the guy after the crime has been committed, assuming they find him. It is your responsibility to protect yourself and your family.

Quote Originally Posted by whoppo View Post
    For those times when you absolutely can't (or won't) carry, a NanoVault 200 provides inexpensive (~20 bucks) security and peace of mind. I keep one in each of our vehicles and it'll accommodate an XD40 service model *and* a P238!

yeah, I have a Center of mass gun case for my cars.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard58 View Post
    St. Louis is one of the most deadly towns in USA.....

St. Louis City is. Mainly North St. Louis & East St. Louis (Which is actually in IL.)

Downtown during the day isn't bad and St. Louis County & Jefferson County are ok.

KSP
    Like all cities it depends where you go. I visit STL all the time, and the places we go, I don't worry any more then I do any other big city. That said, I usually carry more firepower whenever I venture to St. Louis (compared to my EDC). Either way, it beats carrying nothing (maybe just 2.5 inch blade that I could still get hassled for) when I go to Chicago.

Links