Quit! Stop! Cease!

This is a discussion on Quit! Stop! Cease! within the Home (And Away From Home) Defense Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I would assume the dirtbags think most nice homes have safes. Sooner or later these dirtbags will make a big mistake in their 'victim selection ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Quit! Stop! Cease!

I would assume the dirtbags think most nice homes have safes.
    Sooner or later these dirtbags will make a big mistake in their 'victim selection process'...it's spinning around in the Cosmos.
    The Old Anglo likes this.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

2. Remove Ads

Your title and introduction say it all. But this stuff isn't just anecdotal. If there's people you care about who can't seem to get this mindset into practice... you aren't trying hard enough. Every time I speak with friends back in the PRK it's, "Do you have that shotgun yet? How much silver have you bought?" At least my little sister gets it. She's got my nephews to worry about.
    "Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect every one who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are ruined." -Obligatory Founding Father Quote

This advice definitely bears repeating...

Quit! Stop! Cease!

1. Quit opening the door at dusk, or any other time of day. If you feel you must answer the door,
    2. Stop answering the door unarmed.
    3. Cease not carrying, or at least having a weapon within hand's reach, ALL THE TIME at home...

Good post oakchas!
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

VIP Member
    Before it gets too hot in the attic here I need to install the video door intercom I've been advocating.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

If I see a stranger at our door through the peephole, I tell them to "wait a minute" through the locked door. I then go upstairs, and open a window, and talk to them from there.

I am always armed at home. That way, there is no temptation to go out unarmed because "I'm only going out for a minute."

If I decide to open the door, after talking to them from the upstairs window, I ask them to step back from the door while I open it.

The other advantage of looking out the upstairs window is that it allows me to see a broader view, in case the person at the door has any buddies waiting to the sides of the doorway.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger LCP (2), LCR, Mini 14; Remington 870; Marlin 336 .30-30
    CT Lasers

Quote Originally Posted by Olduser View Post
    2 words. Gene pool.
    Needs a life guard!
    "Gun Free Zones" is where only criminals carry guns.

VIP Member
    1) You can't fix stupid.

2) Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast(To quote glockman10mm)

You can oftentimes work with ignorance, with education and broadening someones awareness to what is going on around them, with what to keep an eye out for, and also what (and what not) to do, to keep you and your loved ones safe.

Thanks for the good post, Oakchas,
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Quote Originally Posted by Olduser View Post
    2 words. Gene pool.
    Who is Gene Pool? Never heard of 'im.
    Ace
    Gotta Fly or Gonna Die

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links