Quit! Stop! Cease!

Quit! Stop! Cease!

This is a discussion on Quit! Stop! Cease! within the Home (And Away From Home) Defense Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Quit opening the door at dusk, or any other time of day. If you feel you must answer the door, Stop answering the door unarmed. ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Quit! Stop! Cease!

Quit! Stop! Cease!

1. Quit opening the door at dusk, or any other time of day. If you feel you must answer the door,
    2. Stop answering the door unarmed.
    3. Cease not carrying, or at least having a weapon within hand's reach, ALL THE TIME at home...

It used to be that crime of this sort was drug involved... it used to be that this type of crime was perpetrated against folks "in the 'hood" by other folks from "the 'hood." No more...

Here's a Story...

Where a nice couple in a nice neighborhood, open the door to a stranger...there's still a little sunshine, it's dusk... Could be one of the neighbors.. .could be someone was lost...

It's TEXAS, fer cryminetlie's sake, it's warm out, (warmer than it has been here in Iowa with the temps in the 70s) And kids wear shorts and tee shirts, not hoodies when its above 32 degrees.

DO not open the door, you can look out and see at least one of these yeggs.

The door is locked... it's Texas... don't open the door...

Tell him to get his freakin ashbin off the porch, you've got a gun and your wife is callin' 911. And with her pretty pink gun (that she should have had but didn't) on that glass side table, she needs a nice portable phone, or better yet her cel phone.

If he tries to kick the door... Shoot! It's Texas. You can even shoot him while he's runnin' away... I think...

Look, I don't care if none of your neighbors knows you're a gun guy... or not... Go talk to 'em, tell 'em to knock this stupid stuff off... They don't have to have a gun if they're afraid of 'em or don't like 'em or whatever... But they don't have to invite trouble... Sheesh...

Wake up America...
    The economy is not improving.
    While crime may (and I don't believe that either) be going down, it is moving out of the 'hoods and into the nicer neighborhoods. In short, it's coming to get you Mr.and Mrs. Middle Class and above...
    It's gonna get worse before it gets better.
    If you won't defend yourself, at least don't offer yourselves up for slaughter...

These people (in the article) should have been holding hands, praying over the corpse of at least one of these thugs when LEO showed up... Not laying on the rug holding hands "knowing they were gonna die."
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

VIP Member
    Our mastiffs are tall enough to look through the peephole to see who's there. A locked security screen door makes a lot of sense nowadays. I remember years ago we never locked the doors. I guess we live in interesting times.
    Liberty, Property, or Death - Jonathan Gardner's powder horn inscription 1776

Tu ne cede malis, sed contra audentior ito.
    ("Do not give in to evil but proceed ever more boldly against it.")
    -Virgil, Aeneid, vi, 95

If I don't know you, I'm not opening the door. I have 4 large window paynes to look through my front door, and if you're a stranger I'll talk to you through it, with a gun in hand. You need gas or a phone, go two blocks north and there's a gas station. If there is some sort of emergency, fine, I'll call 911 for you but you're not coming in.
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

Distinguished Member Array Elk Hunter's Avatar
    Oh you want people to take responsibility for themselves

Here's another story on the couple... they have dogs that usually bark... but the doggies were in the garage because it had been raining... And the guy wimped out and made his wife open the safe... which I didn't comment on before... But he offered his wife up to the BGs "she knows the combination"... The man has no shame...

Here's the other story... nice place, expensive fencing... no security, dogs not heard...

LINK
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Distinguished Member Array Stubborn's Avatar
    Couldn't have said it better.
    If they're not in your family...don't trust them.
    "The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it".
    Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote Originally Posted by Elk Hunter View Post
    Oh you want people to take responsibility for themselves
    Yeah, and I want those of us who are responsible for ourselves to take a minute and let those that ain't know that they're being extremely stupid...

No, they don't have to go out and buy a gun... no they don't have to set perimeter watches around their property...

But they do not have to let these thugs waltz right in and hold guns to their heads, and offer up their wives to keep from getting shot.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Well, I'm screwed... I have an oval double pane of glass in the middle of the door. But, I have my walther on top of the grandfather clock within a couple of feet of the door that is an easy grab on the way to the front door. I've had the opportunity to answer the door to the Jehovah Witnesses on their weekly rounds. They were a little frighten when not only the dog was barking furiously with his hair on his back up, the gun in my hand also had them concerned. I asked them to leave the property and not come back. I have a no soliciting sign up for a reason.

I also told them it was a good thing my dog was inside when they drove up because he likes to bite strangers he does not recognize... (unless they have a dog biscuit!!!)
    Doug;}
    RSO, WA. XDMc 9mm, S&W 642CT & 442 38 sp, 1947 Savage 99 300,
    1972 Marlin 336 RC .35, 1922 Walther Model 4, 1933 Walther DSM 34, High Standard 1954 22LR

I prefer to be judged by 12 then carried by 6

2 words. Gene pool.
    "The only thing I'm an expert about is my experience."

VIP Member
    What did Hennie Youngman always say? "Take my wife...please."

What a coward for putting the knowledge of the combination on his wife. Already they're trying to minimize the incident, put it out of their minds, and living in denial. BG's everywhere are going to think "Boy, that was easy! Snootyville, here we come."
    Last edited by gunthorp; March 16th, 2012 at 08:26 PM.
    Liberty, Property, or Death - Jonathan Gardner's powder horn inscription 1776

Tu ne cede malis, sed contra audentior ito.
    ("Do not give in to evil but proceed ever more boldly against it.")
    -Virgil, Aeneid, vi, 95

Quote Originally Posted by Olduser View Post
    2 words. Gene pool.
    Needs Chlorine >;~}
    RoadKill likes this.
    Democracy:
    Two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner.
    Freedom:
    A well armed lamb contesting the vote.

My wife and I take these stories and review them, what we would do and how we would react. We don't read more than the intro of what's going on, such as two unidentified persons in hoodies are at the door ringing the door bell. It's helped us raise our situational awareness at home and gets us thinking.

We recently had two armed robberies at gas stations near us, and the perps initially got away and were later said heading in our general direction. We continue to tighten our home security without making ourselves into a moated fortress and not doing things we enjoy like yard work and gardening.

My next step is to put a gun safe in the closet at the front entrance, easy and quick to unlock and have protection right there before even getting to the door itself.

Kurt

Distinguished Member Array Stubborn's Avatar
    My wife does not answer the door. I have a gun in my hand, behind my back EVERYTIME I answer the door. Day or night.
    surefire7 likes this.
    "The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it".
    Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I hope they catch these guys, or they pick the wrong house that is prepared.

We have a driveway alarm that alerts us whenever someone approaches, it provides time to see who is coming and to retrieve the g19.

Interesting that they knew there was a safe. I wonder how they knew that?
    "It may seem difficult at first, but everything is difficult at first."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links