Terrible Weekend in Chicago!

This is a discussion on Terrible Weekend in Chicago! within the Home (And Away From Home) Defense Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; U.S. News - Chicago bloodbath: 6-year-old among those killed It looks like things are really out of control in Chicago this weekend! I don't know ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Terrible Weekend in Chicago!

U.S. News - Chicago bloodbath: 6-year-old among those killed

It looks like things are really out of control in Chicago this weekend! I don't know about situational awareness in some of these drive-by's other than staying indoors. That city certainly has it's work cut out for itself to clean things up. I think it's time to send the SWAT teams into the affected areas for checkpoints, seaches and what ever else is necessary......

VIP Member
    Not sure how much SA a 6 yo should have. They have to clean up that turd of a city or its going to get a lot worse if the gang bangers know they can get away with this crap.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

It's been bad all this time... They either have to put a cop literally in every block or they need to allow the citizens to start defending themselves... Either way this is going to get worst before it gets better.
    USAFFire likes this.
    "The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

-James Earl Jones

The level of violence in certain Chicago neighborhoods has been incredibly bad for decades now. You should hear some of the stories my former boss told us about his visits to his step-daughter that lived in one of the less bad neighborhoods.

It's hard to believe that the level of violence and danger in those places can exist in America where peace is the norm. The step-daughters house was hit more than once by stray gun fire. There were dog fights held in the basements of neighboring places, stabbings, and theft was rampant. Drugs did not flow freely, but were easy enough to get if you were willing to walk a block or two.

One of the step-daughter's boyfriends is in prison for shooting one of his (many) kids teachers in the face and killing them. He didn't even know why he killed the teacher, it just felt right was what he told his now ex-gf. How do you combat that kind of mentality?

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SFury View Post
    It's hard to believe that the level of violence and danger in those places can exist in America where peace is the norm.
    Not so hard to believe when they make the entire city a "Criminal Safe Zone" due to banning of legal firearms so law abiding citizens can't defend themselves, or their families. But the authorities there just don't get it.
    EDC - M&P Shield .40 OR Ruger SR1911 CMD AND
    Ruger LCP in Desantis Pocket Holster (backup)
    Member - SAF, OFF,
    NRA Life Member

Distinguished Member Array claude clay's Avatar
    Hartford's proud---as in the Mayor and chief of police on the news for weeks recently telling the ravaged shot at innercity peoples that the new hearing system will alert the police to shots being fired to within a half city block. and this is good cause the ones needing protection from the drive bys and sidewalk shoot outs are to afraid...lazy or scared to phone in the shots fired so we need to do it for them...

simple is --if criminals have a 88% recividism rate, than do away with parol. if in jail they can not harm people at home, its rather a nobrainer...
    the judge said 8 years, than we, the people are safe from that individual for 8 years.

but, follow the money---the lawyers and the court system thrives on retrying the same individuals over and over agine. there is more money in that than in keeping them in prsion and keeping the streets safer.
    sdprof likes this.
    Arthritis sucks big-big
    -------------------
    Why do those elected to positions of power than work so hard
    to deny those same opportunities to the same people who empowered them

Claude,
    You've made a good point. Early release and parole/probation do ensure job security for DAs and the rest of the so-called Criminal Justice System. Those who profit from running the prisons will do well in any case, their cells will stay full.

The only losers in this game are the law abiding, tax paying victims.
    ~~~~~
    The only common sense gun legislation was written about 224 years ago.

I carry always not because I go places trouble is likely, but because trouble has a habit of not staying in its assigned zone.

Sorry, but I don't feel sorry for anyone in Chicago.... they are the one's who have continued to elect the politicans who are against the citizenry being able to protect themselves. The corruption in Chicago and gangs of all types over the last nearly 100 yrs, has continued to feed the snake that is devouring them.
    MrBuckwheat and thephanatik like this.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Senior Member Array The Old Anglo's Avatar
    Somebody please notify Obonko that his "Town" is out of control...Again!!.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagleks View Post
    Sorry, but I don't feel sorry for anyone in Chicago.... they are the one's who have continued to elect the politicans who are against the citizenry being able to protect themselves. The corruption in Chicago and gangs of all types over the last nearly 100 yrs, has continued to feed the snake that is devouring them.
    well said!

Quote Originally Posted by Eagleks View Post
    Who elected those politicians again? You don't really believe anyone is elected in Chicago do you? By the living citizens of Chicago? Nah... C'mon... everybody knows bett'r'n that.

I left long before my voting age... I can almost guarantee I have voted in several elections in Chicago, both before and after I left.

Uncle George, my columnist relation who wrote for the Sun Times for decades certainly knew better... and taught me the same...
    accessbob likes this.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Quote Originally Posted by 1911_Kimber View Post
    this is going to get worst before it gets better.
    Quote from Road House
    You do not know, what you do not know, until you realize that you do not know it

All big cities are like this now and it's been moving into the rual areas, white fight is running out of places to run too since their daughters are dating and having gangbanger babies. Hows that for the truth.....somebody was right years ago but was stopped by our great government......too late now, the cows out the gate and running for the road....
    The police are not there to protect you from crime, they are there to arrest the guy after the crime has been committed, assuming they find him. It is your responsibility to protect yourself and your family.

Senior Member Array jblives2ride's Avatar
    get a taser...
    I would rather live my life as if there is a God,
    And die to find out there isn't, than live my life
    As if there isn't, and die to find out there is.
    God Bless

VIP Member
    Get a belt fed......
    "A first rate man with a third rate gun is far better than the other way around". The gun is a tool, you are the craftsman that makes it work. There are those who say "if I had to do it, I could" yet they never go out and train to do it. Don't let stupid be your mindset. Harryball 2013

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links