home awayfrom home

home awayfrom home

This is a discussion on home awayfrom home within the Home (And Away From Home) Defense Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I live in my RV and travel with my job, this time we are going to PA. for the birth of our grand child.plan on ...

home awayfrom home

I live in my RV and travel with my job, this time we are going to PA. for the birth of our grand child.plan on draging my home with me. The question I have is, does anyone know how the laws apply to guns in the home traveling through states like New York?

Handguns are big trouble, if you are in the city (five boroughs) mandatory sentence regardless if locked, unloaded etc. I'd call local PD to get the answer.
    Rifles/shotguns can be transported but must be locked and separated from ammo (which should probably be locked to avoid hassle). They are real ******** in the city.

Up state is a little more tolerant. But I think the handgun has to be locked in a case/separate from ammo and you need a reason for taking it through the sate, like a shooting competition. You also need proof of the event.

Bottom line Rifle/shotgun - OK. Handgun, avoid the state.

You obviously have not read enough threads here...YET...but stay out of NYC.
    They not be friendly about your firearms. Stay as far away from that city as you can.
    I wouldn't spend a penny of my money there...I'd avoid that place like a plague.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

First, become very familiar with the laws in every state in which you will travel. I actually have a three-ring binder with a discrete section for every state I pass through.

Start here: NRA-ILA | Guide To The Interstate Transportation

Continue here: NRA-ILA | State Laws

And study here: Handgunlaw.us

These resources are invaluable, as well as members here from virtually all states. Our membership here can give you current on-site information to fill-in any gaps you might have.

And............WELCOME!!!!!!

Thanks, looks like we will be taking the long waybto Pa. One day our carry license will be like our drivers license and we will be welcome in every state.

Links