BAD: Homeowner shot & killed during Breakin

This is a discussion on BAD: Homeowner shot & killed during Breakin within the Home (And Away From Home) Defense Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; DETROIT (where else?) - A second homicide occurred on Detroit's west side Saturday morning. Sources tell Local 4 that a home invasion robbery took place ...

Thread: BAD: Homeowner shot & killed during Breakin

BAD: Homeowner shot & killed during Breakin

DETROIT (where else?) -
    A second homicide occurred on Detroit's west side Saturday morning. Sources tell Local 4 that a home invasion robbery took place in the 13000 block of Monte Vista St. near I-96. The homeowner, a man in his 50's, was shot and killed during the robbery. Three men rushed into the home, and then shot the homeowner.

After shooting the homeowner, the three gunmen burglarized the home. They took items including the TV from the home. Stay with Local 4 News Morning and ClickOnDetroit.com for more updats on this story.

2. Remove Ads

Scum! I hope they catch them and hang em'
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

Anyone care to bet the lack of public indignation will be deafening?

Story link. I find the comments very telling as to the conditions in Detroit ... what a mess.

BREAKING: Homeowner shot & killed during burglary | News - Home
    Asked by a CNN reporter "What do you feel when you shoot a terrorist"?, the Marine sniper simply shrugged & replied "recoil".

Now more than ever, we are at war on our home soil ... WAKE UP & arm our troops when they are on home soil!

VIP Member
    I drive a stretch of Chicago rd. almost 2-4x a day from Livernois to Hubbell,(just E. of Greenfield)
    There are 5-6 barber shops, 3-4 car washes, etc,,,, with 1-2 look-outs standing around out front, cellphone up to ear, head on a swivel, the whole 9 yards.
    This whole section of Detroit is infested with drug activity. Not saying the house in question had any drug dealings, but the perps may have had an inkling that it did, or they heard he had some very nice crap to steal, and just decided that today was the day they were gonna deprive him of it.
    This ain't your daddy's Detroit anymore.
    This is Coleman's Detroit he began structuring in the 70's and 80's and 90's.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Isn't Detroit close to being the "crime capitol" of the US? I'd think without looking up stats, that it, Chicago,and LA are all grouped right together.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Sarge View Post
    Isn't Detroit close to being the "crime capitol" of the US? I'd think without looking up stats, that it, Chicago,and LA are all grouped right together.
    I don't know about LA or Chicago, but Detroit-proper is worse than most people think. They average a murder per day; for 2012 they must be running at 1.5x that much. And those are the ones that are reported. Most people suspect there's a lot of druggie-on-druggie hits that will never be reported; and that's just fine with most of us. The city is bankrupt, many city officials are up on corruption charges, there are no jobs (and even if there were nobody is qualified because 75% never finish high school), they are laying off fire and police, and racial tensions are running high. It's gonna be a long, hot summer.

really makes you realize that while carrying in your own home may seem like overkill, you can never tell when bad things will happen...its a real shame that crime is becoming a real problem throughout this country...so even though i cant carry outside of my home, it may not be a bad idea to be armed while in your house. Hope they catch these guys

Links