My wife has finally seen the light

This is a discussion on My wife has finally seen the light within the Home (And Away From Home) Defense Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; This kind of goes along with the thread about how fast you can get your weapon. My wife already has here CHL and all but ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By accessbob

Thread: My wife has finally seen the light

Distinguished Member

My wife has finally seen the light

This kind of goes along with the thread about how fast you can get your weapon. My wife already has here CHL and all but I've had a hard time convincing her to have her weapon handy when she is at home. Well, an incident last night kind of helped her switch on. Her sister and mother were at the sister's house, which is only a few blocks from our house. My mother-in-law had just taken her little puppy out to do her business and the puppy kind of stopped and stared off to some area. My MIL got nervous about that and took the puppy back into the house. Now, my sister-in-law doesn't have her door locked until she goes to bed. They have two pit bulls who will let them know should anyone make an entrance, etc. MIL and SIL were then startled to see someone run across their porch. SIL has to run upstairs to get her PX4 Storm and MIL locks the front door as the dogs had started to bark.

So, nothing ended up missing. At least that they know about now, and they aren't sure what was going on but the dogs possibly scared whoever it was away. Just about this same time my wife had taken our little puppy (they are both from the same litter - both pit bulls) out to do his business and he usually will do it and then turn to go into the house. Well he didn't. He just kind of stopped and looked in the direction of where my SIL's house is which freaked my wife out and she went in and locked the door (we keep it locked almost all of the time, except if my kids are out in the yard (mine are 14, 13, and 11). After talking with her mom and sister, she now thinks it good to have it on her while at home due to the fact that you just don't have time to go get it if something happens. Me, I've been carrying it at home almost from the time I started on the forum here because of all of the posts about things that have happend.
    W9HDG likes this.
    EDC - M&P Shield .40, Ruger P90, OR Ruger SR1911 CMD AND
    Ruger LCP in Desantis Pocket Holster (backup)
    Member - SAF, OFF,
    NRA Life Member

2. Remove Ads

Glad nothing happened and that your wife has "seen the light." My wife doesn't carry at home, but she doesn't object to me carrying. She plans apply for her CCW permit in the next week or so. She is inheriting my Beretta 84BB since I now carry my 1911

Distinguished Member
    It's funny how it seems, for some people, it takes something to hit close to home for them to really get it.
    EDC - M&P Shield .40, Ruger P90, OR Ruger SR1911 CMD AND
    Ruger LCP in Desantis Pocket Holster (backup)
    Member - SAF, OFF,
    NRA Life Member

Experience, or a 'near experience' can be a great teacher.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Upstairs can be so far away, should the problem be downstairs and in your face.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Distinguished Member Array Burns's Avatar
    Glad everything turned out okay. Some people need to be in those situations before they realize why we carry. Luckily it wasn't a life threatening situation (which it easily could have turned into with different circumstances)
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable- JFK

Links