Scare early morning

This is a discussion on Scare early morning within the Home (And Away From Home) Defense Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; mlr1m, I am in EXACTLY your situation, guess I'm wishing I had followed my current advice back then. We're trying to move and its impossible ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Scare early morning

mlr1m,
    I am in EXACTLY your situation, guess I'm wishing I had followed my current advice back then. We're trying to move and its impossible without great loss. When we do escape, I plan on doing much more thorough research of our next neighborhood before worrying about the house/property. Right now I'd give my left arm to live in peace! Best of luck Sir, I DO understand...
    RIP Jeff Cooper

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by mlr1m View Post
    Mistakes happen, wrong addresses or faulty information can and does lead to the wrong homes being raided.

I tried to do just this. Bought a home in a nice working class neighborhood to retire in. Trouble is that the government decided to let some meth cook out of jail a couple years early. The poor soul does not have a real job, cooking meth is not considered a real job, so the government moved them into the house next door. Well they didn't move them in but they are paying the cost of the rent for them through a HUD program.
    Oh, and before you say I should move. I spent all my saving to move to this neighborhood and do not have the money for another move on my retirement income.
    Please tell me how I can avoid living next to them when the government is paying them to live next to me?

Michael

Become his worst nightmare, keep a good eye on him and report any suspicious activity, especially him bringing suspicious amounts of household chemicals into the house. Report any weird smells immediately to the authorities, (they know his history and will be more than happy to return him to were he belongs).

When lowlife relocates tell actual property owner that if he ever rents to another criminal like that he better have good insurance because if the occupants don't end up blowing the place up you will burn it down for him.
    "Those without swords can still die upon them."

I'm okay with only that one guy getting the award. he certainly doesn't get one for grammar.
    -You know Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocketship underpants don't help.

-Susie, if you want to see your doll again, leave $100 in this envelope by the tree out front. Do not call the police. You cannot trace us. You cannot find us. Sincerely, Calvin

go. go you don't get an award
    -You know Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocketship underpants don't help.

-Susie, if you want to see your doll again, leave $100 in this envelope by the tree out front. Do not call the police. You cannot trace us. You cannot find us. Sincerely, Calvin

Distinguished Member Array claude clay's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by marcclarke View Post
    Congratulations. You get today's award for the least-helpful post on the forum.
    darn....if id typed faster that award would have been mine.
    Michael beat me to the real reason.
    Be aware, be deliberate in your actions and be accurate.
    -------------------
    Why do those elected to positions of power than work so hard
    to deny those same opportunities to the same people who empowered them

Down here they had a gang doing fake Cop raids,targeting Drug and Money stash houses "Mucho pounds and kilos of Pot and Cocaine and thousands of dollars at a time" They were wearing fake police raid vests and they hit a few houses that the homeowners had nothing to do with the illegal activity.
    One problem with yelling out I'm calling 911 to verify is that if they are real LEO they may think you are stalling while you get rid of evidence and boot the door,but if they are fake,they will very likely haul assky.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Well, some devil nature guys do it as a prank. I mean, they don't appear physically at your door, rather
    they use some device like microphone and sirens. I'm not sure coz I never faced this situation.

With as much tac gear floating around, and websites as well as local dealers that sell "retired" military and law enforcement gear (departmental patches!?!?!), a believable uniform could be put together very, very easily. It would be no task at all to present the very authentic-looking appearance of a police officer. I will tell you, as a LEO, call your local dispatch/911 and ask them if there is a unit that has been sent to your address. If they cannot confirm this, or they tell you that they have no units in your area, DO NOT OPEN THE DOOR! Instead, talk to them through the door. Try to get them to identify themselves and ask them questions as to what they want and who they are. Phony cops will sound like phony cops if you talk to them long enough.
    "If it bleeds...we can kill it." -Dutch, Predator

Quote Originally Posted by marcclarke View Post
    Congratulations. You get today's award for the least-helpful post on the forum.
    As well as the poor grammar award - sorry but using seen without have or had is a pet peeve of mine...

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    I can see whomever might be at my door without even approaching it. I don't blindly open a door to anyone.
    Retired USAF E-8. Avatar is OldVet from days long gone. Oh, to be young again.
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links