Colorado Concealed Carry Laws

This is a discussion on Colorado Concealed Carry Laws within the Home (And Away From Home) Defense Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by Stkglover Colorado's CCW law says... I agree with 98% of what Stkglover said... it's also my understanding no weapons signs have no ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Colorado Concealed Carry Laws

Quote Originally Posted by Stkglover View Post
    Colorado's CCW law says...
    I agree with 98% of what Stkglover said... it's also my understanding no weapons signs have no weight so long as you agree to leave if made. Trespassing would be charged if you make a scene or refuse to leave.

2. Remove Ads

I'm still trying to find an actual Colorado Statute pertaining to the Felony Possession with alcohol in your system... at this point it really is hear say, though in my opinion credible. I've put a few calls in to some people who can get me more information on this law if any exists, at that, if it's debunk I apologize in advance. I do recall hysterics following the incident mentioned, it wouldn't be surprising in the least if a statute to that nature was enacted or about to be enacted. The only "published" law I can find right now is the current statute which states "under the influence."

Quote Originally Posted by Maxwell47 View Post
    F3550, I tried to send you a PM, but your mailbox is full...

Just like work, huh...?
    I read, just don't delete for future reference....clear now.

(Guess I could just delete the infraction notices )
    Rock and Glock likes this.

I'm still trying to find an actual Colorado Statute pertaining to the Felony Possession with alcohol in your system... at this point it really is hear say, though in my opinion credible. I've put a few calls in to some people who can get me more information on this law if any exists, at that, if it's debunk I apologize in advance. I do recall hysterics following the incident mentioned, it wouldn't be surprising in the least if a statute to that nature was enacted or about to be enacted. The only "published" law I can find right now is the current statute which states "under the influence."
    Yeah I went and tried to fact check it too. Couldn't find it. But I distinctly remember seeing something recently that contradicted the state law regarding "under the influence" and it made me re read.
    "Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect every one who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are ruined." -Obligatory Founding Father Quote

All,

Thank you! This "Lay of the land" is exactly what I was looking for! I had looked at the Rocky Mountain site and even the State site, but was having a hard time reading past the writing to figure out what was actually being practices.
    I never let schooling interfere with my education. Mark Twain

The "UI" is so ambiguous, I prefer "any" or a measurable, ascertainable level to quantify.

Distinguished Member Array sniper58's Avatar
    Not a well known state statute but it is now a FELONY to be in possession of a firearm and have ANY alcohol in your system, (contrary to Colorado statute which states "under the influence" which is subjective... ) this was enacted after an intoxicated State Trooper was pulled over intoxicated while on duty. Sourced from several police officers I work with and know. This applies to civilians and sworn police officers. Colorado Bureau of Investigation has a print out of Colorado laws regarding CCW.
    Not to hijack the thread, but please elaborate. I lived in CO, travel back now & then and plan (hope) to move back from the Land of Oz. Does this apply to one's home as well (i.e., a beer with dinner = felony if I need to defend myself)? Thanks. "We now return to your regularly scheduled program, already in progress."
    Tim
    BE PREPARED - Noah didn't build the Ark when it was raining!
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    ________
    NRA Life Member

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Maxwell47 View Post
    So that's a good starting point but I have a couple of questions I'm hoping native Coloradian (is that a word?) can answer:
    .........a: What about hospitals?.......

Max
    Just got off the phone with a rude security guy at Childrens Hospital Colorado. He says that signs are posted at every entrance. Drove by Longmont United Hospital and the signs were on the doors. Just can't teach some people I guess. Anyway, I can only hope that THIS LAW THINGY keeps me safe tomorrow for visit.

GC

If you are planning on going to CU's hospital, don't carry. According to RMGO, "However, then Attorney General Ken Salazar wrote an opinion that, since the Regents to the University of Colorado are a constitutional office and have powers to govern that university, they may ban concealed carry on their campuses. As of the writing of this document, all of CU's campuses have a ban on concealed carry."
    ἐν τούτῳ νίκα - In hoc signo vinces

Confidence- thrives on honesty, on honor, on the sacredness of obligations, on faithful protection and on unselfish performance. Without them it cannot live.-FDR

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links