Best advice for Home Invasion vitims? Survive! - Page 2

Best advice for Home Invasion vitims? Survive!

This is a discussion on Best advice for Home Invasion vitims? Survive! within the Home (And Away From Home) Defense Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; The whole article is stupid. The only examples of homeowners sticking up for themselves were SUCCESS stories! As far as his grandfather that was just ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: Best advice for Home Invasion vitims? Survive!

The whole article is stupid. The only examples of homeowners sticking up for themselves were SUCCESS stories! As far as his grandfather that was just a bad situation and he did not have an oppurtunity to retreat. What a waste of bandwidth!

Quote Originally Posted by oakchas View Post
    Doh!

No wait, there's more to the story... If you hear an intruder in your home... sneak out the back door and call LEO... If he's there with a gun or a knife, give him what he wants... There, that's the ticket... let's just change all the Castle Doctrine Laws and Stand Your Ground Laws to:

Mi Casa Is Your Casa Law and Give Your Ground Laws... Let's just not defend ourselves... Comply! Give Way! Redistribute your meager belongings, and your bounty as well...

The "self defense expert" that was interviewed for this article must be the president of the Amalgamated Burglars Robbers and Street Thugs Union...

Story Here
    This is what the police always told everyone when I was growing up in the UK minus the part about defending your self and standing your ground as that will land you in jail over there.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lordofwyr View Post
    I plan on actually paying the home invaders in precious metals to leave my place, and you can just yell at me all you want to if you don't like that.

I will give them small, copper coated lead ingots, served nice and hot, and delivered to them at, what.....2,300 fps?

Hope they can catch!

You see, being a giving person CAN be a good thing!!!
    Hey Lone Ranger, what happened to Silver Bullets? I know, the BGs are happy top get copper these days.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

I have 4th degree black belt in Click Pao.

Quote Originally Posted by oakchas View Post
    I suppose you're just generous enough to give them all they can carry, too... Aren't you!
    I'd say that 2 CoM / 1H would be ALL a dirtbag could carry.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Badey View Post
    Notice the self-defense expert is a martial artist, not an armed self-defense expert.

Also, be careful leaving your money in pots on your porch. If the BG drops the pot on his toe, he can still sue.

^^^^^SILLY,^^^

You have to bolt the pot to the porch or they will steal it as well.

You seem kinda new to this redistribution of wealth thing, eh!??????????

I agree with you, in that Jackie Chan can do what he wants, but he should shut up when it comes to the CD and SYG laws.
    What the H.E. Double Hockey sticks are handicap, infirmed, and just plain older folks who CAN'T bust-a-move supposed to do?

Not much common sense with the liberal crowd.

Liberals are like Slinkies…Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.
    BurgerBoy likes this.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

you can always sneak out by yourself.........

I carry at home. No use having a gun in a locker where the rest of the stuff is inaccessible.
    accessbob likes this.
    NRA, Lifetime Member

Someone should ask Dr. William Petite, of Cheshire, Connecticut how that compliance thing worked out for his family.

He was tied up and beat half to death, and his wife and two daughters were raped, tortured, murdered then set on fire after the wife complied, and drove one of the two invaders to their bank and gave him $10,000 cash.

The good Doctor should have been armed and killed them when they broke in.

At least they both got the death penalty. But it's a poor consolation prize.

Here is a link to the first ten hits of the 2,240,000 hits on bing for your reading enjoyment.
    oneshot likes this.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Quote Originally Posted by Bark'n View Post
    Someone should ask Dr. William Petite, of Cheshire, Connecticut how that compliance thing worked out for his family.

He was tied up and beat half to death, and his wife and two daughters were raped, tortured, murdered then set on fire after the wife complied, and drove one of the two invaders to their bank and gave him $10,000 cash.

The good Doctor should have been armed and killed them when they broke in.

At least they both got the death penalty. But it's a poor consolation prize.

Here is a link to the first ten hits of the 2,240,000 hits on bing for your reading enjoyment.
    Someone needs to send the transcripts of this case to the Martial Artist author.

DeKalb County Sheriff Don Lauer agreed.
    DeKalb County Sheriff Don Lauer is a certified blithering idiot. Yep, just give the home invader what he wants: He will go away peacefully and continue his college education. Not to worry that many home invaders want female bodies too. i will forever remember what that state trooper said to my wife after she shot a home invader between the eyes with a .357 magnum: "Linda, you did a job on this ....". That scumbag and his partner were after my wife.

I want my time back for reading that crap. Some folks would rather be victims, then take responsibility for there own defense. Im fine with that. However, when you put out an article telling people to be that way, thats irresponsible...
    Bark'n likes this.
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

I like the warning sign I saw on the forums somewhere today, goes something like:

Thieves: please have your ID handy, as it makes notifying next of kin so much easier.
    Bark'n, accessbob and BurgerBoy like this.
    ~~~~~
    The only common sense gun legislation was written about 224 years ago.

I carry always not because I go places trouble is likely, but because trouble has a habit of not staying in its assigned zone.

I am not a wealthy man, I do not have furs, and jewels! I figure if you come into my home it must be to harm my Family... NOT GOING TO HAPPEN HERE!!!
    I will not retreat in my own home!
    My castle, DO NOT invade!

I recently went through this drill (partially) - for real, described here: Wow, had a very close brush with home invasion. Perp knocked on door late at night, unscrewing light bulbs by door so he'd be in darkness, then perp knocked again and I shouted out "who's there", he answered "is Mike here?". I said "no Mike", and he said "OK, sorry man". And then there was a pause. I realized later that the perps (two of them, I later found out) were likely at that moment ascertaining the odds of a successful entry. Luckily for me, the perps did not kick in my front door.

I had my daughter and grand-daughter under my custody. There was absolutely NO WAY I would have EVER left the premises. I armed myself IMMEDIATELY and did not want to give the perps even the slightest advantage. I was actually surprised at how focused I was during that moment, with the gun firmly in a two-handed stance. There was no panic. I was fully prepared to fight to the death, with no second thoughts. Surrendering myself was not an option. I would have gone down fighting, and hopefully stopped the perps before I expired. End of story.
    accessbob likes this.
    'Be careful, even in small matters' - Miyamoto Musashi

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links