Defensive Carry banner

Best advice for Home Invasion vitims? Survive!

4K views 32 replies 26 participants last post by  scott625 
#1 ·
Doh!

No wait, there's more to the story... If you hear an intruder in your home... sneak out the back door and call LEO... If he's there with a gun or a knife, give him what he wants... There, that's the ticket... let's just change all the Castle Doctrine Laws and Stand Your Ground Laws to:

Mi Casa Is Your Casa Law and Give Your Ground Laws... Let's just not defend ourselves... Comply! Give Way! Redistribute your meager belongings, and your bounty as well...

The "self defense expert" that was interviewed for this article must be the president of the Amalgamated Burglars Robbers and Street Thugs Union...

Story Here

#4 ·
Ya know... If one were wealthy enough to do that, thugs would still come in with guns thinking there must be more inside... I'm thinking of putting one of those "money hurricane" things in my foyer for just such occasions...

#3 ·
Notice the self-defense expert is a martial artist, not an armed self-defense expert.

Also, be careful leaving your money in pots on your porch. If the BG drops the pot on his toe, he can still sue. :rolleyes:

#12 ·
I plan on actually paying the home invaders in precious metals to leave my place, and you can just yell at me all you want to if you don't like that.

I will give them small, copper coated lead ingots, served nice and hot, and delivered to them at, what.....2,300 fps?

Hope they can catch!

You see, being a giving person CAN be a good thing!!! :danceban:

#15 ·
I am just that kind and generous to let them have all I can give them. I feel that if a stranger takes the time to come to my home, why, it would be completely barbaric of me to give them less than a, how did that Bible verse put it....oh, yes, full measure, pressed down, shaken together, running over.....if I may be so crude as to take liberties with the Word.....

Too many people are just stingy, and not that giving. :wave:

#16 ·
The whole article is stupid. The only examples of homeowners sticking up for themselves were SUCCESS stories! As far as his grandfather that was just a bad situation and he did not have an oppurtunity to retreat. What a waste of bandwidth!

#24 ·
Someone should ask Dr. William Petite, of Cheshire, Connecticut how that compliance thing worked out for his family.

He was tied up and beat half to death, and his wife and two daughters were raped, tortured, murdered then set on fire after the wife complied, and drove one of the two invaders to their bank and gave him $10,000 cash.

The good Doctor should have been armed and killed them when they broke in.

At least they both got the death penalty. But it's a poor consolation prize.

Here is a link to the first ten hits of the 2,240,000 hits on bing for your reading enjoyment.

Reactions: oneshot
#26 ·
DeKalb County Sheriff Don Lauer agreed.
DeKalb County Sheriff Don Lauer is a certified blithering idiot. Yep, just give the home invader what he wants: He will go away peacefully and continue his college education. Not to worry that many home invaders want female bodies too. i will forever remember what that state trooper said to my wife after she shot a home invader between the eyes with a .357 magnum: "Linda, you did a job on this ....". That scumbag and his partner were after my wife.

#27 ·
I want my time back for reading that crap. Some folks would rather be victims, then take responsibility for there own defense. Im fine with that. However, when you put out an article telling people to be that way, thats irresponsible...

Reactions: Bark'n
#28 ·
I like the warning sign I saw on the forums somewhere today, goes something like:

Thieves: please have your ID handy, as it makes notifying next of kin so much easier.

#30 ·
I recently went through this drill (partially) - for real, described here: http://www.defensivecarry.com/forum...8-wow-had-very-close-brush-home-invasion.html. Perp knocked on door late at night, unscrewing light bulbs by door so he'd be in darkness, then perp knocked again and I shouted out "who's there", he answered "is Mike here?". I said "no Mike", and he said "OK, sorry man". And then there was a pause. I realized later that the perps (two of them, I later found out) were likely at that moment ascertaining the odds of a successful entry. Luckily for me, the perps did not kick in my front door.

I had my daughter and grand-daughter under my custody. There was absolutely NO WAY I would have EVER left the premises. I armed myself IMMEDIATELY and did not want to give the perps even the slightest advantage. I was actually surprised at how focused I was during that moment, with the gun firmly in a two-handed stance. There was no panic. I was fully prepared to fight to the death, with no second thoughts. Surrendering myself was not an option. I would have gone down fighting, and hopefully stopped the perps before I expired. End of story.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.