Best advice for Home Invasion vitims? Survive!

This is a discussion on Best advice for Home Invasion vitims? Survive! within the Home (And Away From Home) Defense Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Doh! No wait, there's more to the story... If you hear an intruder in your home... sneak out the back door and call LEO... If ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: Best advice for Home Invasion vitims? Survive!

Best advice for Home Invasion vitims? Survive!

Doh!

No wait, there's more to the story... If you hear an intruder in your home... sneak out the back door and call LEO... If he's there with a gun or a knife, give him what he wants... There, that's the ticket... let's just change all the Castle Doctrine Laws and Stand Your Ground Laws to:

Mi Casa Is Your Casa Law and Give Your Ground Laws... Let's just not defend ourselves... Comply! Give Way! Redistribute your meager belongings, and your bounty as well...

The "self defense expert" that was interviewed for this article must be the president of the Amalgamated Burglars Robbers and Street Thugs Union...

Story Here
    oneshot and MisterFleas like this.
    Politicians, take note of Colorado 9/10/2013.
    "You are elected to service, not power.
    Your job is to "serve us" not to lord power over us."
    Me, 9/11/13

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    LOL. It's certainly the most polite approach to take with an uninvited guest...

Perhaps we should set out pots of money on the front porch so that the intruder doesn't injure themselves breaking-in.
    Badey, oneshot, Pistology and 4 others like this.

Notice the self-defense expert is a martial artist, not an armed self-defense expert.

Also, be careful leaving your money in pots on your porch. If the BG drops the pot on his toe, he can still sue.
    "All you need for happiness is a good gun, a good horse, and a good wife." - Daniel Boone

Quote Originally Posted by WHEC724 View Post
    LOL. It's certainly the most polite approach to take with an uninvited guest...

Perhaps we should set out pots of money on the front porch so that the intruder doesn't injure themselves breaking-in.
    Ya know... If one were wealthy enough to do that, thugs would still come in with guns thinking there must be more inside... I'm thinking of putting one of those "money hurricane" things in my foyer for just such occasions...
    Badey likes this.
    Me, 9/11/13

Quote Originally Posted by Badey View Post
    Notice the self-defense expert is a martial artist, not an armed self-defense expert.

Also, be careful leaving your money in pots on your porch. If the BG drops the pot on his toe, he can still sue.
    Yes he's a martial artist... I prefer Click Pao... but to your point, I "framed" the story the way I wanted to...
    Me, 9/11/13

Quote Originally Posted by oakchas View Post
    If you hear an intruder in your home... sneak out the back door and call LEO...
    I've got a Wife and 3 kids. Sneaking out Is not an option.

Well.....that's what we are required to do here in NJ........maybe even sign over ownership of the Title before leaving your home.......LLW Lawyers.....don't vote for them anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by oakchas View Post
    Yes he's a martial artist... I prefer Click Pao... but to your point, I "framed" the story the way I wanted to...
    That wasn't a commentary on your framing of the story, unless you were the person who wrote the article. I meant that they were biased in their choice of whom to interview.
    "All you need for happiness is a good gun, a good horse, and a good wife." - Daniel Boone

Hayden emphasized that a person’s physical safety is far more valuable than anything a burglar might steal.
    What they steal is not replaceable…. Your sense of security, the thought that they might come back.

Quote Originally Posted by Badey View Post
    That wasn't a commentary on your framing of the story, unless you were the person who wrote the article. I meant that they were biased in their choice of whom to interview.
    I know, I just intentionally left out the part in my intro that he was a martial artist, not an armed self defense instructor...
    Me, 9/11/13

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by barstoolguru View Post
    What they steal is not replaceable…. Your sense of security, the thought that they might come back.
    And they do come back - especially when they have an easy mark. They've cleaned out my brother-in-law's cousin, the week before Christmas, every year for the last three years. You can pretty much mark it on your calendar.
    beararms likes this.

I plan on actually paying the home invaders in precious metals to leave my place, and you can just yell at me all you want to if you don't like that.

I will give them small, copper coated lead ingots, served nice and hot, and delivered to them at, what.....2,300 fps?

Hope they can catch!

You see, being a giving person CAN be a good thing!!!
    Fortune Favors the Bold!

Quote Originally Posted by lordofwyr View Post
    I plan on actually paying the home invaders in precious metals to leave my place, and you can just yell at me all you want to if you don't like that.

I will give them small, copper coated lead ingots, served nice and hot, and delivered to them at, what.....2,300 fps?

Hope they can catch!

You see, being a giving person CAN be a good thing!!!
    I suppose you're just generous enough to give them all they can carry, too... Aren't you!
    accessbob and BurgerBoy like this.
    Me, 9/11/13

Very thankful I live in TEXAS, and in the country. Retreating is about as stupid as another four years of...well, you know.
    CowboyColby likes this.

I am just that kind and generous to let them have all I can give them. I feel that if a stranger takes the time to come to my home, why, it would be completely barbaric of me to give them less than a, how did that Bible verse put it....oh, yes, full measure, pressed down, shaken together, running over.....if I may be so crude as to take liberties with the Word.....

Too many people are just stingy, and not that giving.
    atctimmy likes this.
    Fortune Favors the Bold!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links