Garden Tools

This is a discussion on Garden Tools within the Home (And Away From Home) Defense Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; So you all get me to thinking about security all the time, I used to be blissfully ignorant and complacent. I am in the garage ...

Like Tree6Likes
  • 3 Post By barstoolguru
  • 1 Post By QKShooter
  • 2 Post By Geezer

Thread: Garden Tools

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar

Garden Tools

So you all get me to thinking about security all the time, I used to be blissfully ignorant and complacent. I am in the garage (attached) and I notice my shovels, axes, machetes and other implements hanging on the wall. Wait, I say to myself, if someone gets in my garage (say I leave it open by mistake) they have the perfect entry tools. Off they go to the basement. Just a a self realization safety tip.

I have to admit I am more aware since I started frequenting the forum. I appreciate the focusing of my mindset. Thanks.
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

2. Remove Ads

Many folks overlook this. A friend was showing me how well he had anchored his new gun safe to the floor in his attached garage. How the thieves could never just back in a truck and load it up in the back of a pickup. He got kinda quiet when I asked if the cutting torch setting next to it was ready to be used.

Michael

VIP Member
    It goes both ways though. You want some strategically placed, if disguised and slightly hidden, tool and stuff to use
    as weapons. Maybe something a BG won't think about like a fire extinguisher, a Bernz-0-Matic torch or cylinder or both;
    an old bedpost.

And hide your kitchen knives. Convince your wife that the sharp ones don't belong on the counter top or in the top
    draw. If someone gets in you don't want them to arm themselves with your own meat cleaver.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

I think anything can be a weapon; if you overthink the hole thing you will never sleep.
    Devilsclaw, atctimmy and sid1 like this.

Administrator
    Or the folks that get ready for bed or go on vacation - lock up all of the 1st floor doors and check all of the windows - make certain the garage door is locked and have a nice long extension ladder leaning against the side of the house or laying in their backyard.
    Hopyard likes this.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Distinguished Member Array Burns's Avatar
    Agreed with guru, nearly anything can be used as a weapon, just make sure you have the best one :D
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable- JFK

On the other hand, garden tools and work boots signify manual labor - they might scare the scum away like a cross does to a vampire.
    Stubborn and Hopyard like this.

Links