Korean War vet shoots intruder inside home

This is a discussion on Korean War vet shoots intruder inside home within the Home (And Away From Home) Defense Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Korean War vet shoots intruder inside home - Nation & World - The Olympian - Olympia, Washington Police say an 84-year-old western Pennsylvania man wounded ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Korean War vet shoots intruder inside home

VIP Member

Korean War vet shoots intruder inside home

Korean War vet shoots intruder inside home - Nation & World - The Olympian - Olympia, Washington

Police say an 84-year-old western Pennsylvania man wounded a home invasion suspect with the gun he carried in the Korean War.

Elizabeth Township police say 25-year-old Raymond Hiles was captured not long after trying to break into Fred Ricciutti's home early Tuesday morning.

Ricciutti tells WPXI-TV ( Man, 84, shoots home invasion suspect with Korean War gun | www.wpxi.com) he heard Hiles break a window and then confronted him, firing a single shot that grazed Hiles' neck.

Investigators say Hiles was arrested a few blocks away, carrying a screwdriver and a stun gun. He's being held on $100,000 bail on charges including criminal trespass and burglary.

Online court records don't list an attorney for Hiles.

Authorities say they don't expect to bring any charges against Ricciutti.

Read more here: Korean War vet shoots intruder inside home - Nation & World - The Olympian - Olympia, Washington
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    wow German Luger used in Korean War. I was expecting a garand or 1911. Here is a case the BG did not die. Hope he doesn't or can't go after the homeowner.

don't mess with old vets

Most of been shooting to wound the SOB in the head but he moved a little,I think a luger fired indoors would be more user friendly than the flash and muzzle blast from a M1 garand
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Distinguished Member Array BigStick's Avatar
    Too bad we can't "import" more of those weapons that were used in the Korean war...
    Walk softly ...

Distinguished Member Array DontTreadOnI's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BigStick View Post
    Too bad we can't "import" more of those weapons that were used in the Korean war...
    They would most definitely fall into the hands of undesirables and evil doers and would all around just cause more harm than good.

If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

This is the heart warming story of the day... I'm sure the BG would have tried to kill them. I guess this loser grew up across the street.

I was hoping for a M1 Garand and a real [Clint Eastwood] "Get off my Lawn" moment. A war era Luger still gives me a smile
    Doodle likes this.

What gets me is after the fact, the perps family came over to APOLOGIZE for the actions of their own family member...... no 'he didn't deserve it' or 'he was truning his life around'..... none of it.

"I know the family. They're good people," he said, adding that they came over in tears to apologize for what Hiles allegedly did.
    "I forgave them," he said, adding that he couldn't hold them responsible for Hiles' actions.
    msgt/ret likes this.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

Distinguished Member Array Elk Hunter's Avatar
    Way to go vet

Semper Fi

Distinguished Member Array BigStick's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DontTreadOnI View Post
    They would most definitely fall into the hands of undesirables and evil doers and would all around just cause more harm than good.

I'm glad to see we are on the same page.
    Walk softly ...

VIP Member
    Sounds almost like the family members would kick the perps back side if he tried to retaliate.

Talk about backwards.
    Whats the matter with them, going and apologizing and whatnot.
    How are they ever gonna get any sympathy from the media, and round up support for their baby if they don't start a march, and show pictures of him when he was 11.
    The Old Anglo likes this.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Sounds like this BG would just as quickly try to rob or steal from his family, given half a chance. Good ending, better ending would have been a clean head shot.
    The Old Anglo likes this.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Distinguished Member
    Exclusive photo of the vet outside his Detroi...uh...Pennsylvania home:

edit: you read my mind!

Quote Originally Posted by rigel42 View Post
    I was hoping for a M1 Garand and a real [Clint Eastwood] "Get off my Lawn" moment. A war era Luger still gives me a smile

Senior Member Array The Old Anglo's Avatar
    My Congrats to the Vet,Thank You for your Service!.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links