Conceal and carry permit holder robbed with own gun

This is a discussion on Conceal and carry permit holder robbed with own gun within the Home (And Away From Home) Defense Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Conceal and carry permit holder robbed with own gun | kare11.com MINNEAPOLIS - A 34-year-old man is charged with first degree aggravated robbery after Minneapolis ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Conceal and carry permit holder robbed with own gun

Conceal and carry permit holder robbed with own gun

Conceal and carry permit holder robbed with own gun | kare11.com

MINNEAPOLIS - A 34-year-old man is charged with first degree aggravated robbery after Minneapolis police say he held up a conceal and carry permit holder with his own gun.

NRA Member
    Gen4 G23

2. Remove Ads

This is important for two reasons. It proves that CC'ing is very dangerous becasue BG's can get your weapon. You should OC instead..Just kidding..you all know that.

Seriously, This man had no ability to use his firearm becasue of according to the story "an injured arm".I have two and practice drawing off hand...training training, training.
    Second, he was in an accident. I have read here a million times (or close to it) that folks keep their weapon on the passenger seat. Dumbest thing to do in case of an accident. Weapon should be secured all the time and accesible so you can get to it with either arm.

Situational awareness would have prevented this. Know what's around you.
    357and40 likes this.
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Senior Member Array Inspector71's Avatar
    Apprehended walking near the crime scene but the gun was not recovered? Hummmmm......
    If you can read this, thank a teacher. Because it's in English, thank a vet

saving the gun for when he gets out

Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    Second, he was in an accident. I have read here a million times (or close to it) that folks keep their weapon on the passenger seat. Dumbest thing to do in case of an accident. Weapon should be secured all the time and accesible so you can get to it with either arm.
    He was walking and slammed into a parked car. He had his pistol on him and it was discovered while the BG was searching him.
    Quote Originally Posted by paaiyan View Post
    Situational awareness would have prevented this. Know what's around you.
    You can't always avoid someone walking past you. From what the article says, the BG could have been walking in the opposite direction and looked like anyone else, and then suddenly slammed him into the car.

Things like this are sometimes unavoidable. He certainly should have done a little more, from the sound of it, to secure his firearm though.
    Smith & Wesson M&P9c
    Sheilded Holsters Double Phalanx

You never know who will be next, where it will happen, or if you'll have time to pull your gun out of concealment.
    Jerry

"Never complain about growing old, far too many people have been denied that privilege".

Quote Originally Posted by swood View Post
    He was walking and slammed into a parked car. He had his pistol on him and it was discovered while the BG was searching him.

You can't always avoid someone walking past you. From what the article says, the BG could have been walking in the opposite direction and looked like anyone else, and then suddenly slammed him into the car.

Things like this are sometimes unavoidable. He certainly should have done a little more, from the sound of it, to secure his firearm though.
    My bad...But the training part still stands about practicing drawing with both hands...maybe he would not have had the time but still a piece of training everyone should do.
    tcox4freedom likes this.

Sounds like the thug found an easy mark and used this type of strong armed tactic before considering most if not all people walk to the right of someone else

Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    My bad...But the training part still stands about practicing drawing with both hands...maybe he would not have had the time but still a piece of training everyone should do.
    I completely agree w/ that.

Quote Originally Posted by barstoolguru View Post
    Sounds like the thug found an easy mark and used this type of strong armed tactic before considering most if not all people walk to the right of someone else
    Good thinking! I hadn't even put it together that the guy would have been passing on the victim's right in order to be able to do this. That is probably something he should have noticed on a sidewalk that couldn't have been too busy.
    Smith & Wesson M&P9c

Your walking on the left side of the road, but the right side of the sidewalk. Bad guy pushes you into a car. Bad guy did not have to walk on the wrong side of the person to accomplish this.

Senior Member Array Inspector71's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by swood View Post
    I completely agree w/ that.

Good thinking! I hadn't even put it together that the guy would have been passing on the victim's right in order to be able to do this. That is probably something he should have noticed on a sidewalk that couldn't have been too busy.

How did we determine who was walking where and on which side of whom from the article? Yes siree, if he got blindsided, somehow, someway he had to have done something wrong!
    If you can read this, thank a teacher. Because it's in English, thank a vet

Quote Originally Posted by Inspector71 View Post
    [/B]

How did we determine who was walking where and on which side of whom from the article? Yes siree, if he got blindsided, somehow, someway he had to have done something wrong!
    From my post you got that I was saying the victim did something wrong? I said it was probably something he should have noticed. I think that is far from saying he did something wrong. As tessa pointed out, I overlooked the fact that he could have been on the left side of the street.
    If you took the time to read my previous post, you would see that I was quick to say that you cannot assume every person passing you to try to jump you, so clearly I am not blaming the victim. Like all posts on here, I'm trying to see if there is anything I can learn from it and make assumptions and observations.
    Last edited by swood; May 30th, 2012 at 03:36 PM. Reason: typo
    Smith & Wesson M&P9c

This is why I often carry my S&W 442 in my weak side pocket and xd40sc in my strong side IWB. Alternate access in case one hand/arm is not available for your use.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Police say he is a convicted felon with numerous aliases.
    There is always a huge cry about to many guns on the street but nothing is said about the Felons that the government lets loose among us.
    Maybe before letting these folks loose on society they should tattoo a big F on their forehead so innocent citizens stand a better chance in protecting themselves.

Michael
    tcox4freedom likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links