Crime rate up at malls

This is a discussion on Crime rate up at malls within the Home (And Away From Home) Defense Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I haven't been to a mall for over a decade. In the 70s and 80s the family types and elderly where there. The family types ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: Crime rate up at malls

I haven't been to a mall for over a decade. In the 70s and 80s the family types and elderly where there. The family types for shopping...the elderly for a safe climate controlled area for walking.

Last time I went to one I had going to for a long time...it was a mess. Products were aimed at a more ghetto crowd and the criminal element was very obvious. There is nothing at a mall I can't find online (usually at a lower price) or at Walmart, Target, or KMart. Going to a mall is just asking for trouble.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by Inspector71 View Post
    Since I'm no longer married, I have no reason to ever be in a mall. I can buy bread, bologna and dog food just about everywhere
    I can't buy bread, bologna, or dog food at my mall. I pretty much only visit to go to sears.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yoda, I am, yes.

Senior Member Array jblives2ride's Avatar
    I only go to the mall when requred with my better half, something I just gotta do...it's the price I pay for buying guns, she buys shoes... but never sunglasses
    I would rather live my life as if there is a God,
    And die to find out there isn't, than live my life
    As if there isn't, and die to find out there is.
    God Bless

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    I can't buy bread, bologna, or dog food at my mall. I pretty much only visit to go to sears.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sears shopper here also plus they have an exterior entrance so I do not have to go into the mall.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Quote Originally Posted by MotorCityGun View Post
    "Insurance purposes"?? Puhleze. Most of these folks don't insure their homes or vehicles (even though it's the law). Let me re-state that, they insure their vehicles to obtain their license tabs, then cancel their policy.

$1800 or $800, it's still typical ghetto behavior/culture...can you say "bling"?
    Sorry, I thought that it was an upscale mall and the perp stole the sunglasses from a lady. I assumed that a lady who would buy a pair of Cartier sunglasses would have some sort of homeowner's insurance or something that might cover theft. My mistake.
    "The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come." ~ Confucius

I think our local mall is posted "No Weapons", so yes, I have no need to visit it.

Ace
    Ace
    Gotta Fly or Gonna Die

This is the high-end mall in the Detroit metro area where the crime occurred:

Home Page | The Somerset Collection

Yesterday around 12 PM I stumbled across AM 1200 that was discussing the event. The listeners were expressing a very different take on this crime. Most seemed to feel it was justified since the "rich white people" had cut funding needed to pay for Detroit's police - I kid you not. I would have prefered to post a link to a podcast so you could experience this exchange for yourselves but all I found was a link to listen live:

WCHB-AM: NewsTalk 1200 | Detroit, News, Michigan, Talk, Radio

Please be advised that if yesterday's show was indicative of the racial hatred expressed on this station you may find it disturbing. I certainly did.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Caertaker View Post
    This is the high-end mall in the Detroit metro area where the crime occurred:

Home Page | The Somerset Collection

Yesterday around 12 PM I stumbled across AM 1200 that was discussing the event. The listeners were expressing a very different take on this crime. Most seemed to feel it was justified since the "rich white people" had cut funding needed to pay for Detroit's police - I kid you not. I would have prefered to post a link to a podcast so you could experience this exchange for yourselves but all I found was a link to listen live:

WCHB-AM: NewsTalk 1200 | Detroit, News, Michigan, Talk, Radio

Please be advised that if yesterday's show was indicative of the racial hatred expressed on this station you may find it disturbing. I certainly did.
    Yep, there are segments of our society which resent, even hate me simply because of my complexion. I understand that, and try to govern my actions and my outlook based upon that understanding.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

Thank God for the second amendment.

Distinguished Member Array DontTreadOnI's Avatar
    One of our local municipalities had turned down many attempts over many years to put in three bus stops around their mall (Fairfield Commons, Beavercreek) that would allow more access to the mall from people downtown. This mall has many fewer problems with crime than the Dayton mall only 12 miles away. Pretty smart if you ask me.
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DontTreadOnI View Post
    One of our local municipalities had turned down many attempts over many years to put in three bus stops around their mall (Fairfield Commons, Beavercreek) that would allow more access to the mall from people downtown. This mall has many fewer problems with crime than the Dayton mall only 12 miles away. Pretty smart if you ask me.
    When I grew up we had a nice mall nearby. About the time I turned 18 they put in a downtown expressway and bus routes to/from the city. The predators from the city used those buses to access and prey on lots of "rich white folks".
    Mark Twain:
    The government is merely a servant -- merely a temporary servant; it cannot be its prerogative to determine what is right and what is wrong, and decide who is a
    patriot and who isn't. Its function is to obey orders, not originate them.

Quote Originally Posted by atctimmy View Post
    When I grew up we had a nice mall nearby. About the time I turned 18 they put in a downtown expressway and bus routes to/from the city. The predators from the city used those buses to access and prey on lots of "rich white folks".
    in some cities the transit agencies are know by MTA aka moving thugs around
    Nick62 likes this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BugDude View Post
    As if I didn't already hate malls, this is just another good reason to avoid them. The last time I was forced to go to one with the family, I carried 2 guns.

This is ^^^^^^^^^

how I feel.

My wife and kids think they are safe at Great lakes Crossing, Partridge Creek and the like.
    I don't go, as I never have time to go with them, I just say, "glad we have insurance on you guys"
    Its a horrible thing to say, but I can't stop them from going.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

I dislike malls just like I dislike doctors. The longer I stay away from them....the better off I am.

Senior Member Array MotorCityGun's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by oneshot View Post
    This is ^^^^^^^^^

how I feel.

My wife and kids think they are safe at Great lakes Crossing, Partridge Creek and the like.
    I don't go, as I never have time to go with them, I just say, "glad we have insurance on you guys"
    Its a horrible thing to say, but I can't stop them from going.
    I hope you and Mrs. oneshot at least have taken the proper precautions and preparations for when she's out with the fam. I know where these malls are located, but you/she can never take anything for granted, nor can you be too safe.
    “They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.” - Ben Franklin

NRA Life

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links