Crime rate up at malls - Page 4

Crime rate up at malls

This is a discussion on Crime rate up at malls within the Home (And Away From Home) Defense Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Great Lakes Crossing is BAD. Went there around last Xmas (the have a Bass Pro Shop-the only reason I go there). I felt like I ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: Crime rate up at malls

Great Lakes Crossing is BAD. Went there around last Xmas (the have a Bass Pro Shop-the only reason I go there). I felt like I was at a rap concert and waiting for the bullets to start flying. I never saw so many pants falling off peoples azzes before and saw at least 2 "almost" fights or groups that were on the verge of fighting. Even got approached by some female as we were walking out...."excuse me, my car won't start outside, do you have jumper cables?"....translated...."let's jump the white dude and shoot him in the parking lot and take everything he's got". We got the hell out of there fast and I was arrmed, but I feared I would have been outgunned.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MotorCityGun View Post
    I hope you and Mrs. oneshot at least have taken the proper precautions and preparations for when she's out with the fam. I know where these malls are located, but you/she can never take anything for granted, nor can you be too safe.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Mrs. oneshot has taken the CPL class, but has been dragging her heels about getting her paperwork in to get the permit.
    Girls are 19 & 16 so they cannot carry, but they all have 11gr. Fox labs aresenal OC spray on them.
    My 22 yr old son has his permit but rarely carries, and has the assumtion that I am paranoid and as long as he doesn't go into "bad areas" he will be fine.
    Wife and daughters feel this way as well, hinking its perfectly safe to go to the Fox Theater for a show.
    I try to tell them that its safer than the areas of Detroit that I must travel for my job,(French & Harper/Gratiot, Chicago rd & Hubbell/Joy rd), and the like.
    But over all I tell them trouble can/will find you even where we live, or even in the Northern Suburbs.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Personally....I think malls suck. Crime rate is going up everywhere.

Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
    Richard M Nixon
    Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician.”
    Jeff Cooper

Senior Member Array MotorCityGun's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by oneshot View Post
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Mrs. oneshot has taken the CPL class, but has been dragging her heels about getting her paperwork in to get the permit.
    Girls are 19 & 16 so they cannot carry, but they all have 11gr. Fox labs aresenal OC spray on them.
    My 22 yr old son has his permit but rarely carries, and has the assumtion that I am paranoid and as long as he doesn't go into "bad areas" he will be fine.
    Wife and daughters feel this way as well, hinking its perfectly safe to go to the Fox Theater for a show.
    I try to tell them that its safer than the areas of Detroit that I must travel for my job,(French & Harper/Gratiot, Chicago rd & Hubbell/Joy rd), and the like.
    But over all I tell them trouble can/will find you even where we live, or even in the Northern Suburbs.
    I feel ya' bro'. You can lead a horse... Unfortuately, your women-folk have been lulled into thinking they're safe because they live in a nice, "safe" northern suburb. But we know differently, eh?

BTW, you sure do have to go through some dicey 'hoods for your job. My buddies and I used to ride our bikes to play golf at Chandler Pk golf course and the shopping centers/strip malls on Conner Ave, and I used to work around city airport, so I know what/where you are traveling through. In fact, one summer, my bike was stolen during one of those trips and my dad made my brother and me ride tandem back to the place it was stolen for a week. Ahhh, memories...

Be safe.
    “They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.” - Ben Franklin

NRA Life

Distinguished Member Array tcox4freedom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RayBar View Post
    Iv'e seen this happen before. Very nice malls in very nice areas of FL used as hangouts for the hood rats. Political correctness kept them from addressing the problem for what it really was, and finally they just closed the mall.
    That's happened to several malls that I'm aware of as well.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Links