If you're like me.... - Page 3

If you're like me....

This is a discussion on If you're like me.... within the Home (And Away From Home) Defense Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by apvbguy obsolete and better alternatives are some words that come to mind. getting into a weaver stance in an SD situation will ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: If you're like me....

Quote Originally Posted by apvbguy View Post
    obsolete and better alternatives are some words that come to mind. getting into a weaver stance in an SD situation will probably get you killed. I would encourage anyone using a weaver stance to get with a decent SD trainer and train with him ASAP!
    I'm sorry that I really don't know anything about you APVBGUY, are you an instructor? Or somehow else qualified to give opinions like you do? I haven't read a lot of your postings on this forum so I don't feel like I know you.

Have you been in any actual shootings using the isosceles versus the Weaver stance?

I have tried shooting isosceles and I shoot a whole lot better Weaver, actually its probably somewhere between the two. I don't wear a vest so presenting a smaller profile is probably better for me.

I'd recommend a weapon light (or at least a combo) long before just a laser for your bedside gun. if you have a hard time seeing things than a laser isn't going to help IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    I'm sorry that I really don't know anything about you APVBGUY, are you an instructor? Or somehow else qualified to give opinions like you do? I haven't read a lot of your postings on this forum so I don't feel like I know you.

Have you been in any actual shootings using the isosceles versus the Weaver stance?

I have tried shooting isosceles and I shoot a whole lot better Weaver, actually its probably somewhere between the two. I don't wear a vest so presenting a smaller profile is probably better for me.
    when you say that you shoot a lot better from one stance versus another is this static shooting at paper? do you do any kind of SD training? putting tight holes in paper from x feet away is not SD training.
    do yourself a favor and get together with a good SD trainer, he can do a lot more for you than any from here could.

Quote Originally Posted by apvbguy View Post
    when you say that you shoot a lot better from one stance versus another is this static shooting at paper? do you do any kind of SD training? putting tight holes in paper from x feet away is not SD training.
    do yourself a favor and get together with a good SD trainer, he can do a lot more for you than any from here could.
    are you an instructor? Or somehow else qualified to give opinions like you do? I haven't read a lot of your postings on this forum so I don't feel like I know you.

**edit** Never mind I just read your other postings.
    Spirit51 likes this.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links