Responsibility to your neighborhood!

This is a discussion on Responsibility to your neighborhood! within the Home (And Away From Home) Defense Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Time for you to move from your sheep ridden neighborhood. You can`t fix it and it`l only get worse and more dangerous. Your Life is ...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: Responsibility to your neighborhood!

Senior Member Array The Old Anglo's Avatar
    Time for you to move from your sheep ridden neighborhood. You can`t fix it and it`l only get worse and more dangerous. Your Life is Much More Valuable. Leave!.

2. Remove Ads

Your neighborhood today. My neighborhood tomorrow.

I hope my neighborhood will be prepared. I know my family and I will be.

It's coming. I can feel it and almost smell it.

Vv
    Spirit51 likes this.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Fear is a powerful weapon. Like my signature line says . . .
    Retired USAF E-8. Avatar is OldVet from days long gone. Oh, to be young again.
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Distinguished Member Array ericb327's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ram Rod View Post
    Good deal. At least you know how your local government works or won't. "Business hours".......again.......you've pretty much let them screw you on this deal. Call between 9am and 5pm? Forget all that on Fridays? After hours call are like me calling in a loose dog when the animal control officer is off duty. Local PD won't do a damn thing despite city ordinances (after hours). They want to know if the animal is viscous. Silly ordeal huh? Last time they asked me if the animal was viscous I asked them if they wanted me to ask the animal at large. Local law is a joke here and I can just imagine what it's like in other parts of the country now. You're only a hero when you don't have backup, and when you don't have backup you need to think more about your response. The only person who can appreciate my wisdom is me and that's for whatever it's worth at the time.
    I've had a possum problem, called animal control last week. Animal control said "we can't get your trapped possum and it's illegal to release somewhere else. What?!!! Local ordinance says I can't discharge a firearm so I can't put a 22 short in its head. Well we got 5 possum total. I released them somewhere else anyway. It appears they only deal in dogs and cats.
    For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill. (Sun Tzu) The Art of War

https://www.facebook.com/ninja312

My food and product review blog
    http://trualitybarandgrille.wordpress.com/

I have a responsibility to myself and my own,I see drug dealing I report it because I don't want it in my meighborhood,you get caught up in that BS policeing the neighborhood nads of steel crap because you can legally carry for self defense and you may find yourself in Zimmermans world real quick.
    So Chicago is a safer place for your kid because only thugs have guns and they restrict gun ownership and self defense for law abiding victims?
    Most street level drug dealers love to threaten and intimidate,but unless they are affiliated with a known street gang usually are just blowing off steam,covert security cameras inside and out are your friend,if they get caught on camera burglarizing /damaging your property they can't deny it
    Spade115 likes this.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Just yesterday in my local paper there was a letter complaining about the NC legislature's attempt to remove the restriction on CC in establishments that serve alcohol. You still can't drink, but you can go in there and have dinner. The letter-writer said she's be "uncomfortable" sitting near people who were concealing guns and she "doesn't need our protection." Already knowing that this is a common sentiment in this area, I'd think twice about getting involved in gunplay for a stranger's benefit. As they said in my CC class, a CCP is no obligation to play Texas Ranger.

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    I have a responsibility to myself and my own,I see drug dealing I report it because I don't want it in my meighborhood,you get caught up in that BS policeing the neighborhood nads of steel crap because you can legally carry for self defense and you may find yourself in Zimmermans world real quick.
    So Chicago is a safer place for your kid because only thugs have guns and they restrict gun ownership and self defense for law abiding victims?
    Most street level drug dealers love to threaten and intimidate,but unless they are affiliated with a known street gang usually are just blowing off steam,covert security cameras inside and out are your friend,if they get caught on camera burglarizing /damaging your property they can't deny it
    I'm really tired of all this overly critical crap. My son is in a town (Huntley, IL) about 30 miles away from Chicago which I believe I clarified in a previous post. I'm from Chicago, If I'm going to the Chicago area, I say Chicago because it's a commonly known area. Most of the violent crime in Chicago is in gang or drug related areas. There are some good parts of Chicago! Put your political outrage aside for a moment! .

https://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en

Read my posts, what gives you the Idea I'm anything like Zimmerman? I called the police and removed myself from an altercation while armed. If you want to pick an internet fight, try reading the posts instead of picking little snips that suit your purpose. Man, I can really make this guy look bad because he took his kid to Chicago and everybody here hates Chicago! Oh look, I can make a Zimmerman reference. Double Jackpot!

I called the police!!!!!
    For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill. (Sun Tzu) The Art of War

Quote Originally Posted by oldrwizr View Post
    Just yesterday in my local paper there was a letter complaining about the NC legislature's attempt to remove the restriction on CC in establishments that serve alcohol. You still can't drink, but you can go in there and have dinner. The letter-writer said she's be "uncomfortable" sitting near people who were concealing guns and she "doesn't need our protection." Already knowing that this is a common sentiment in this area, I'd think twice about getting involved in gunplay for a stranger's benefit. As they said in my CC class, a CCP is no obligation to play Texas Ranger.
    I have not in any of my posts said anything about the threat of drawing my weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by ericb327 View Post
    I have not in any of my posts said anything about the threat of drawing my weapon.
    My comments weren't aimed at you but just came to mind after I read all 3 pages of posts and still scathing a little about that dumb broad's comments in the paper. Not referring to a specific situation but my general feeling on "going armed to the aid of the public". Clearly protecting one's home is entirely different from getting into a shootout at a mall.

Quote Originally Posted by oldrwizr View Post
    My comments weren't aimed at you but just came to mind after I read all 3 pages of posts and still scathing a little about that dumb broad's comments in the paper. Not referring to a specific situation but my general feeling on "going armed to the aid of the public". Clearly protecting one's home is entirely different from getting into a shootout at a mall.
    Agreed thanks

When the police arrived ALL my neighbors developed amnesia and couldn't recall any threats retreating back into their houses.
    Too late for this incident, but for the future, take a page from the OCers' book and always carry a digital micro-recorder. Some recorders can hold 30 hours at a stretch, so they just turn it on, drop it in a shirt pocket, and it's there "listening" all day in case something happens. Also useful for defending yourself against false brandishing charges by hysterical anti's, keeping cops honest, etc.
    Guns don't kill people. Drivers on cell phones do.

I really do think that these days we're seeing a trend toward selective law enforcement. Perhaps it's just a little bit of paranoia on my part, or perhaps too much stinging by the overwhelming PC which has tied the hands of honest Law. Don't know, but though my experience here is not exactly like the OP, in that it does not (at least not so far) involve the criminal side, it does parallel in the degradation of neighborhoods. Years ago, I for a short time period attempted to park a very small two wheeled pop up tent camper along side my house. Recessed back closer to the back yard than the street and close to an adjacent fence. Hardly visible at all unless viewed from directly in front of the house. It didn't take long before the city to slap my hand for that.

Got neighbors across the street who are strictly Third World. Not North American minorities. These people are from the jungles of the islands in the South Seas. Thankfully, at least so far, they have not to the best of my knowledge engaged in any criminal behavior. I wouldn't leave my garage door open when they're out and about, but of course they're not out and about when most people are awake and up. They're pretty much nocturnal. Ok, their ethnicity is not the issue. The fact that they have been able to drag down the values of the homes on the street and repeated complaints to the city code enforcement dept. have resulted in nothing to improve the situation.

Where I parked a tiny camper on the grass of my side yard and got in trouble for it, they've converted their entire front yard to a parking lot occupied with a permanent old flatbed trailer with heaps of scrap metal on it, plus an assortment of cars, both running and not. The back yard would rival any local junk yard for volume of trash including from time to time a couple of old junk cars. I have photographed the scene from the roof of my house with a tele lens as well as shots from inside my front window and submitted those along with complaints to the city. Enforcement is halfhearted in spite of the line for line violations with city codes.

The most glaring of what I believe is lack of enforcement is from the many times I have called the police in the middle of the night because they were carrying on loud parties in their open garage making it impossible for us to sleep during those times of the year when the weather is nice enough for us to try to have our bedroom window open at night. You know, those times between needing the heat and needing the AC. I've watched the police come and spend literally 20 seconds talking to them before walking back to their cars and leaving. All the while the drunken ones will make gestures of disgust at having been bothered by the police visit. I can't hear what they're saying but watching from the darkness inside my front window, body language and gestures give good clues.

Is it just a matter that the police do not care any more? Are the laws so tight against them and the actual enforcement of the law that they're just more inclined to wave things off? Are they afraid of the outcry of racism if they actually do take action against certain apparently protected segments of society? All I can judge from is what I observe.
    Dan,

CZ82 nut

VIP Member
    We watched our neighborhood depreciate during the 90's through Section 8, prostitute, and drug houses. We moved into the country. Do what's best for your family. If the unprepared sheeple won't take their heads out of their grasses, a new community might be a change for the better. Good luck and stay safe.
    Liberty, Property, or Death - Jonathan Gardner's powder horn inscription 1776

Tu ne cede malis, sed contra audentior ito.
    ("Do not give in to evil but proceed ever more boldly against it.")
    -Virgil, Aeneid, vi, 95

I'm really tired of all this overly critical crap. My son is in a town (Huntley, IL) about 30 miles away from Chicago which I believe I clarified in a previous post. I'm from Chicago, If I'm going to the Chicago area, I say Chicago because it's a commonly known area. Most of the violent crime in Chicago is in gang or drug related areas. There are some good parts of Chicago! Put your political outrage aside for a moment! .

https://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en

Read my posts, what gives you the Idea I'm anything like Zimmerman? I called the police and removed myself from an altercation while armed. If you want to pick an internet fight, try reading the posts instead of picking little snips that suit your purpose. Man, I can really make this guy look bad because he took his kid to Chicago and everybody here hates Chicago! Oh look, I can make a Zimmerman reference. Double Jackpot!

I called the police!!!!!
    If you do not like the opinions of others then do not post personal events. Dont take that the wrong way. It happens.
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Quote Originally Posted by Harryball View Post
    If you do not like the opinions of others then do not post personal events. Dont take that the wrong way. It happens.
    I have come to expect it. I was just replying to his comments.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links