Responsibility to your neighborhood! - Page 4

Responsibility to your neighborhood!

This is a discussion on Responsibility to your neighborhood! within the Home (And Away From Home) Defense Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; In Milwaukee the police would have questioned why you were so concerned? Are you worried they will cut in on your dealing? The house would ...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: Responsibility to your neighborhood!

In Milwaukee the police would have questioned why you were so concerned? Are you worried they will cut in on your dealing?
    The house would have been allowed to stay in operation. Those running it may have been warn to tone the street activity down a bit.

Our neighborhood started a neighborhood watch and it worked for awhile. Once we got a new police chief, she cleaned-up the force and basically put our watch out of business. I mean that in a good way, as she forced her officers to be officers and that no law breaker was 'above the law'.

What also helped was the city reducing its city limits, but not reducing the number of officers on the force.

The only bad thing is that the membership in the neighborhood watch has dwindled down to just a handful.
    US Air Force, 1986 - 2007

"To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them..." George Mason

http://www.appleseedinfo.org/

I am not going to judge anyone for the decisions they make when it comes to their neighborhood. You do what you think you need to do. I am just getting a little tired of this "sheepdog" thing.
    My job in self defense is to take responsibility for myself and my own "little flock". I don't ignore what happens in my neighborhood. I would call 911 if I saw anyone harassing the old girls that take a daily walk around the block. I would help any neighborhood child in distress. I would assist with finding or treating any pet that is in distress. I know where the questionable people live and keep a watchful eye on the neighbor's for any "unusual" activity (ie. break ins). This is about where it ends.
    I am not a "sheepdog". I expect nothing from my neighbors and accept no responsibility for their protection or well being. So far I have not been disappointed.
    Inspector71 and catt101 like this.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

Distinguished Member Array ericb327's Avatar
    Here is the latest update.

Over the last two weeks the dealer has been in and out of the house. I had thought he moved out but he did not. After my original post it appeared the drug traffic came to an abrupt halt. The dealer would sneak in and out once in a while. Local police informed me the dealer had multiple warrants. Strangely, multiple people were moving items in and out of the house. I had heard from a neighbor that he had finally been arrested. On this past Saturday night we saw an individual loading up a car and truck with even more stuff from this house. Shortly after, about half an hour the dealer shows up and has a domestic with the female who had just arrived as well. The dealer made a quick break and we didn't know why until the Bellevue Police showed up Just missing him again. The police pulled out some evidence bags and started going through his garbage. Last night another different individual went back inside the drug house and removed even more property. I called the police to report the vehicle, plate number and possible burglary.

I hope this is the end, it appears vacant now and I haven't seen the female in several days. The house may be too hot for their activity.
    For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill. (Sun Tzu) The Art of War

https://www.facebook.com/ninja312

My food and product review blog
    http://trualitybarandgrille.wordpress.com/

P95
    Hmmmm.....lets not try to play sheriff woody now. I do commend you for calling the police...but to publicly call your neighbor a drug dealer...wether they are or not....is just asking for it. You should have stopped with the call to the police and let them do their job.

Quote Originally Posted by P95 View Post
    Hmmmm.....lets not try to play sheriff woody now. I do commend you for calling the police...but to publicly call your neighbor a drug dealer...wether they are or not....is just asking for it. You should have stopped with the call to the police and let them do their job.
    Yeah well, I didn't!
    For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill. (Sun Tzu) The Art of War

Been reading this thread and I understand what you're seeing. I've noticed the same thing happening to parts of our city.In this area it appears that LEO does nothing about anything unless they get something out of it. After a burglary in my home several years ago,fingerprints were taken and when it was proven by me that the culprit was who I said it was, the detectives backed up and said "that's a bad family and we're better off just letting them move out of our city than dealing with them." This was after I alerted them that they were preparing to leave and the detectives confirmed that with their landlord.

Senior Member Array Inspector71's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by VTX1800 View Post
    Been reading this thread and I understand what you're seeing. I've noticed the same thing happening to parts of our city.In this area it appears that LEO does nothing about anything unless they get something out of it. After a burglary in my home several years ago,fingerprints were taken and when it was proven by me that the culprit was who I said it was, the detectives backed up and said "that's a bad family and we're better off just letting them move out of our city than dealing with them." This was after I alerted them that they were preparing to leave and the detectives confirmed that with their landlord.
    First time I've ever heard of LEO's afraid to arrest BG's. This does not speak well for the LEO community in Northern KY.
    If you can read this, thank a teacher. Because it's in English, thank a vet

Quote Originally Posted by Inspector71 View Post
    First time I've ever heard of LEO's afraid to arrest BG's. This does not speak well for the LEO community in Northern KY.
    Yes, something's wrong with the state of law enforcement in this country when the BG's have the upper hand.
    Dan,

CZ82 nut

Each person makes his own decision about their responsibility to their neighborhood and community. Several of the men on my block are friends and watch what is going on. The key is to know your neighbors. Concealed carry or even gun ownership has no bearing on an individuals responsibility to defend his own home or help a neighbor defend his home. It affects how you defend, but not the decision to do so. I find it admirable that the OP took action to remove a valid threat to the neighborhood. I find it disappointing that the neighbors were sheep. I have 4 other men on my block that will cover my back and I will do the same for them. It helps if the neighbors have been veterans who have had an opportunity to live the duty and honor life. That said, we should all be ready to be disappointed in our fellow man from time to time. We in turn, will disappoint others. We are weak, and fallible after all.

I notified them of this house months ago and they blew me off.

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    Bellvue/Dayton has the highest heroin use in the northern part of the state. The police are overloaded with drug calls. The other day the local ED treated 8 oversoses on the day shift alone. Giving them the benefit of the doubt, the local LEO's may have an onfoing investigation underway and do not want to tip their hand. Just yesterday in a neighboring town (Covington) they had a major drug bust sweep with 70 wanted and 36 caught in one day.
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

Quote Originally Posted by kapnketel View Post
    Bellvue/Dayton has the highest heroin use in the northern part of the state. The police are overloaded with drug calls. The other day the local ED treated 8 oversoses on the day shift alone. Giving them the benefit of the doubt, the local LEO's may have an onfoing investigation underway and do not want to tip their hand. Just yesterday in a neighboring town (Covington) they had a major drug bust sweep with 70 wanted and 36 caught in one day.
    I have been listening to the police scanner for the last week at night. I don't get Newport or Covington unless someone is requesting help or a canine unit. It was busy last night.

Just be careful is all i'll say. and stay alert and armed :)

40 years in the getto and still kicking. Rule (1) Mind you own business....hell with neighboors and the hood. (2) CYA and defend yourself and family. To hell with the community. The community is most likely the reason why things went to hell. By the way...I live in Milwaukee, WI. Not as bad a detroit, chicago or new york but haven to the scum that came from down south to collect welfare which is a premium here for free loaders....nuff said.....

That fool in florida did what he felt right for his community..and look what happened to the good samaritan.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Sponsored Links