Armed robber shoots three times, gun misfires

This is a discussion on Armed robber shoots three times, gun misfires within the Home (And Away From Home) Defense Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Armed Robber Shoots Three Times, Gun Misfires | Video - ABC News Just another reminder to always be vigilant. Just because you've arrived home, doesn't ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By RETSUPT99

Thread: Armed robber shoots three times, gun misfires

Armed robber shoots three times, gun misfires

Armed Robber Shoots Three Times, Gun Misfires | Video - ABC News

Just another reminder to always be vigilant. Just because you've arrived home, doesn't mean you're safe.

2. Remove Ads

Video is a great lesson for SA in a parking area. Unfortunately, the vic wasn't armed and the perp is still alive.

SA and a gun, two things missing from this victim's war chest.
    This happened quickly, but one should look around when entering or getting out of the car.
    Even early in the morning, I'm looking up and down the street for anything out of the normal.
    Maybe this guy was destined to get shot, but after the first click, he (if armed) could have filled this dirtbag with lots of lead...2Com-1H.
    He's lucky to be alive.

Hope the perp meets Mr. CCW real soon!
    The Old Anglo likes this.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I suspect hoax, looked very casual to me. The BG at one point hands something back to the victim? Maybe keys or something. Something just didn't seem right to me. But if it is real that guy is pretty damm lucky and better be huggin his family a lot.

I am always suspicious when the surveillance camera follows the people and zooms in and out at the perfect times.
    Glock 23 - CZ 452 ZKM Special
    Walther P22 - LMT STD 16
    Mossberg 500A - Kahr P380
    Henry H001Y - Winchester 12
    Smith & Wesson M&P Shield
    Mossberg 500B - Marlin 336Y

Impossible! Guns aren't allowed in Antioch.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

Quote Originally Posted by Cokeman View Post
    I am always suspicious when the surveillance camera follows the people and zooms in and out at the perfect times.
    ^^^^^ THIS ^^^^^

Who has home security systems with cameras that automatically follow the action & zoom in/out? Are there such systems? If so I would be interested. However, it is an NBC story ... so it MUST be true.

Regardless real or not, there have been many real "home driveway ambush" stories over the years as the victims are either arriving or departing. It's not so much the destination (ie. grandma's house) that is threatening, but the journey there & back, having to get into & out of your car at both ends, plus you never know what may await you at home once you get inside.

Walmart is a classic example of this concept. For every story of in-store attacks, there are 20 stories of parking lot attacks as the victims arrive or attempt to leave.
    Asked by a CNN reporter "What do you feel when you shoot a terrorist"?, the Marine sniper simply shrugged & replied "recoil".

Now more than ever, we are at war on our home soil ... WAKE UP & arm our troops when they are on home soil!

Quote Originally Posted by Cokeman View Post
    The video was zoomed in after it was recorded. Notice that the time and date stamp go out of the picture, something that would not happen if it were the camera zooming in. The TV station did it.

Distinguished Member Array ericb327's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankeejib View Post
    Video is a great lesson for SA in a parking area. Unfortunately, the vic wasn't armed and the perp is still alive.
    I was thinking the same thing!
    For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill. (Sun Tzu) The Art of War

https://www.facebook.com/ninja312

My food and product review blog
    http://trualitybarandgrille.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by TVille View Post
    The video was zoomed in after it was recorded. Notice that the time and date stamp go out of the picture, something that would not happen if it were the camera zooming in. The TV station did it.
    Yep. Haven't any of you watched Wildest Police Chases? They do it so much it actually gets annoying.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

Links